Recent content by Exparrot

1. Exparrot

was it the first or second batch of the extended 2 that was gtg?

That's the rumor, but I had them both (still have an SCN8) and the 2nd batch SCX14 never got going in the same way with the same amount of abuse.
  2. Exparrot

Wegman ASA bats

Easton hasn't produced a 12" endloaded bat this year, but if you can find last year's Blueline, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Another under-the-radar option would be to scrounge up a 2014 USA L4. CRAZY hot with the harder balls.
  3. Exparrot

Ghost is for real

Any truth to the speculation that the 2018 Ghosts had two different batches released because the first ones were failing compression so quickly? I have one with an AE- barcode, and I've swung ones with an AF- barcode, and even with comparable swings, the AE seems to be a touch hotter. No...
  4. Exparrot

1st impression ASA Ronin and Salvo

The only thing that turned me off the CV12 was the endload. That thing is a sledgehammer.
  5. Exparrot

2017 baker & ghost

Ghost and Baker feel very similar. Ghost actually might have a bit more "endloaded" feel. (And yes, I used the quotes for effect.) I have had zero problems with durability with mine. 500+ swings with nothing but 52s in all temperatures and it's still pretty.
  6. Exparrot

Need input on new Easton Double Barrel Tech for ASA

Read this thread: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/ghost-is-for-real.1449993/ Most of the Ghost-based discussion is here. My Ghost probably has 400 cuts on it (all 52s, mostly game swings), and while the barrel is definitely softened, I have no structural issues whatsoever.
  7. Exparrot

Easton Baker ASA

For the record, not that it matters, but that's a 2015 line bat. Beat the hell outta it. It's not horrible with 52s, and the sweetspot is almost impossible to miss. Like everyone else said, 1,000 swings in and it'll be good.
  8. Exparrot

Ghost is for real

Mine feels relatively balanced. Not B3 or Baker balanced, but not exactly endloaded either. I did however see traditional webbing after 10 swings.
  9. Exparrot

2013 B3 Replacement

Got a deal on a Ghost. That thing is a beast. Doesn't quite swing like a Baker, but it's close. Thanks all for the feedback.
  10. Exparrot

2013 B3 Replacement

Looked last night. All they had left was the 28. Looked this morning and they were all sold out. Looks like I should have pulled the trigger this winter when I didn't need one. There are never any good sales when you break one...
  11. Exparrot

2013 B3 Replacement

I have the '15 Baker. It's been THRASHED and I can't get it to open up like the '13 did. If you have a lead on the '17, please fill me in. I haven't been able to find them at a reasonable price. If I'm going to be paying 200+, I might as well get new technology.
  12. Exparrot

2013 B3 Replacement

My beloved (and well broken-in) black and blue B3 went one step closer to the grave last night in my first BP session of the year. What's my best new-tech option for replacement? I need long-barrel balanced, and I swing 26. Is the Ghost my best option in these specs? Thanks.
  13. Exparrot

Play it Again Sports hits a new low...

The ones in Wisconsin make their money on used hockey gear. Everything else is just gravy. That being said, 90% of the shops use ebay pricing to figure out how much to sell used softball gear for. Every once in a while, they let something slip through for close to going rate, but it's rare.
  14. Exparrot

My Easton Review Thread

Lucky hasn't been on the board for almost a year.
  15. Exparrot

How's that black CV12 against SB12's?

If you can deal with the endload. That sledgehammer was the most endloaded bat I've ever hit.