Recent content by TWmccoy

1. TWmccoy

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

I think E should never get a DHH. If you want to be a DHH, move up to at least D.
  2. TWmccoy

This. Teams in CO almost all hit hard cores now. Everyone from E to B. These people are idiots. They blow through all their HRs in the 1st inning, hit a ton of DBOs, and still insist on using hard cores. I also saw multiple guys go 450'+ for DBOs and claim they didn't mean to hit it out. These...
  3. TWmccoy

Work the Count or Swing For a Hit?

Idiot. When/if we're out of HRs I'll purposely bring a deader bat to the plate. No sense bringing a light saber when you have to keep it in the yard.
  4. TWmccoy

Tendonitis and Hand Bruising

You are doing something TERRIBLY wrong if playing 2 games leaves your hands bruised/swollen. I hit hundreds of balls a week in BP and don't have any such problems.
  5. TWmccoy

Was that injury from a hard core? I haven't seen anyone get badly injured by one of them... yet.
  6. TWmccoy

Obviously anyone who can clear the fence 3 times in 1 game shouldn't be playing E. You'd think that would be his cue to move up, but apparently he's too stupid to do so. Sandbagging is one of the things ruining slowpitch. You get guys who are obviously talented, but won't ever move up. They...
  7. TWmccoy

How many bats do you own?

I have 17 USSSA 240 bats. Probably 35 220s. About a dozen ASA/USA bats. Is that too many bats? Yes, of course it is. The 220s get used mainly for BP now. 240s and ASA bats all get used in games.
  8. TWmccoy

Tendonitis and Hand Bruising

What was bothering your hand, the hitting or pitching? If you're having problems with the overlap grip you might want to change something up. If your hand is getting "rung up" it sounds like you're missing the barrel badly consistently. Honestly, the overlap grip is usually pretty easy on your...
  9. TWmccoy

Mizuno Orange Crush????

That only works for a little bit. Next ball you hit will put an even worse flat spot on it. The Fury was the same way. Really hot, but that bat waved almost immediately. Bad durability. Rage and black Techfire were more durable.
  10. TWmccoy

I'm looking to get on base. If that first pitch is a cookie I'm going after it. WAY better to swing at a good first pitch than ending up having to chase some crappier 2 strike pitch. Walking has its place, but no GOOD hitter should stroll to plate with a walk in mind. If a pitcher ends up...
  11. TWmccoy

New LS APG 4 USSSA softball bat

You'll have to baby the hell out of any LS bat or it'll break. I see them break all the time. Good luck. Don't use it in cold weather at all.
  12. TWmccoy

Monsta Bats Forgiveness

Could be why I've never liked Monstas. I swing HARD, and every time I swing a Monsta the bat sounds (and feels) like it's breaking into pieces. Performance is also mediocre. Lots of knuckleballs.
  13. TWmccoy

BVVES.SHOP

Almost certainly a scam. This is the type of thing you find when you do a search for popular bats, and go through a couple pages of results. Do yourself a favor and don't order anything from them.
  14. TWmccoy

Monsta Bats Forgiveness

Honestly, I feel like guys could spare themselves the trouble and just get an Anarchy ASA or USSSA bat. They're (far) cheaper than Monsta, easier to find, and perform every bit as well. In fact, Anarchy ASA bats are some of the hottest things I've ever seen.
  15. TWmccoy

Monsta Bats Forgiveness

I've seen guys use Monstas in ASA that last years. As long as you only hit .52 300s with them they seem to last a long time. USSSA Monstas I don't know as much about.