Slowpitch Softball Forums | SoftballFans.com

east bay j
east bay j
All Rocketechs are two-piece doublewalls, all TechZillas are one-piece doublewalls. I don't think any of these were grayish. There was an early Pyrotech that was grayish, one-piece, singlewall and ASA approved.
east bay j
east bay j
Frisco Kid did a great thread on all Anderson bats. Go to the manufacturer's Section, click on Anderson, and the 1st sticky thread should be the Anderson Bat Price Guide. Scroll down thru that and it will show a pic and description of every Anderson bat ever made up until Mr. Steven Anderson left the company in 2012.
east bay j
east bay j
FYI-2003 was the 1st year of the Rocketech.

I still have my 2004 Rocketech Fastpitch which is a 34" 26 oz ASA approved bat. Absolutely sick. I also have my OG Nanotech (2012) and the Blue 2002 Flextech.
east bay j
east bay j
Basically the Flextech (2000-2002) morphed into the Pyrotech (2003-2009), then the KSP (2011) and finally the Ignite in 2012. These are all ASA one-piece singlewalls. After that Mr. Anderson left the company and they came out with the completely redesigned Flex in 2015 which was not nearly as good.
east bay j
east bay j
FYI
I also have a mint condition Paragon Big Cat circa 1998 that Mr. Anderson designed. Unfortunately this has no stamps and is not on either the ASA or USSSA approved bat list but it is a one piece singlewall. It's 29 oz so a little too heavy for me but it is a beast. It's basically an endloaded Flextech
Scotth36
Scotth36
I know it's not that big of a deal for a single barrel non-composite, and one piece but I'd like to get a good bat. I appreciate your feedback.
east bay j
east bay j
All those are good bats, but none of them are singlewall. The Techwrap is a one-piece doublewall (predecessor to the TechZilla). The rest of are all Rocketech's (doublewall). The Rocketech Reload is hands down the best but it is a doublewall and its not ASA approved.

In the singlewall, one-piece, ASA approved Anderson line your choices are the OG Nanotek, Flextech, Pyrotech, KSP and Ignite
east bay j
east bay j
It's going to be really really hard to find any of those bats. Even the 2015 Salvo Scandiums are hard to find. You are basically going to be stuck with getting a new Demarini Ultimate Weapon ($150), Easton Ronin Alloy ($180) or Anderson Flex ($199)
east bay j
east bay j
Just get yourself an new Ultimate Weapon For $150, make sure its from an approved distributor, save the receipt, and when its dents get a one time warranty replacement. Keep a list of those other bats and periodically look on SBF and the BAY to see if one comes up. That's the best you'll be able to do
Scotth36
Scotth36
So is Techzilla is a one piece doublewall?
Scotth36
Scotth36
i found a Pyrotech for $129.
east bay j
east bay j
I saw that Pyrotech on eBay. I think that's a bit expensive for a used one but that's just me. That is a later model one 2008-2011 (good but not the best year). Personally, I think it would only be worth $75-$90 at best. $150 would be ok if it were new and in the wrapper.

Yes the TechZilla is a on-piece multiwall (i.e. doublebarrel) bat