Search results

1. S

Other Strike zone question

This is the first batter I've had lean into a pitch in slowpitch. As a baseball player I leaned into a pitch or 2 that were close to hitting me. But I'd never heard of or seen anyone do it in slowpitch.
  2. S

So it is a judgement call. But if it's blatantly obvious then it becomes a strike similar to a pitched ball, that's clearly a ball, hitting the bat and landing foul. Thank you for your help. Still developing as a pitcher. I have a ton of right to left movement naturally. On days with little to...
  3. S

As stated in a previous post we play WSL where I live. The only differences I see in the pitching rules are as follows. Pitch height minimum is 5ft with a 3ft hump/arch in the pitch and a max height of 10ft. We are given the pitching area, so no toeing the rubber. On to the situation and...
  4. S

Any Randomly thought of a scenario

Thank you for educating me.
  5. S

Thank you for clearing that up. I was wondering how that would play out. We've all seen someone get hit by a ball when running the bases but I'd never seen someone get hit while still in contact with the base so I thought I'd ask.
  6. S

So even though the runner is forced to advance as long as they aren't intentionally putting their arm or leg, I don't know why anyone would, in the path of the ball it's a dead ball and runners are awarded 1 base interesting. I'm glad someone had an answer.
  7. S

So here is the scenario I randomly thought of. Runners on 1st and 2nd. In my mind the outs in the scenario are irrelevant so we will go with 1 out. Batter hits a line drive up the middle. Runner on 2nd doesn't see the ball get passed the pitcher and is struck by the ball while still having a...
  8. S

ASA Ruling

WSL allows the pitcher to pitch from upto 5ft behind the rubber. I believe this is what you're referring to as the "pitching area". We're still allowed to juke. Though if you choose to perform a juke pitch you have 5 seconds from the time you come set to release the ball. So, juke at your own...
  9. S

ASA Ruling

That I would consider something a defensive player deliberately did and as such wouldn't think that this rule would apply to.
  10. S

ASA Ruling

Can an umpire making this call issue a warning to the batting team before actually implementing the penalty against them and vice versa for the defensive team? I primarily play WSL but from what I can tell the biggest difference that I see the rules between the two sanctions is the bats that are...
  11. S

Other WSL - Extra innings called a draw without a single play being made

We don't have a half run rule and with us being in week 4 officially this week it's too late for the LD to add it as a rule unilaterally.
  12. S

ASA Ruling

Thank you for clearing that up. Is there a specific rule for that or is this something that any have way decent umpire should know as soon as the event occurs?
  13. S

USSSA 1B fielder catches ball in front of BR, ump calls obstruction?

How dare you invoke the name of the Joey's with such impunity lmao. As someone often called Joey, you're 100% right it is mostly some asshat named Joey that takes you down that rabbit hole.
  14. S

USSSA A few odd ball plays this weekend

Western AZ closer to Vegas than any other big city. The local Utrip guy is named Gary.
  15. S

USSSA 1B fielder catches ball in front of BR, ump calls obstruction?

I was taught that the fielder has a right to make a play on the ball. Would that be the case here or is it just not interference because F3 has control of the ball?
  16. S

USSSA A few odd ball plays this weekend

You would hate the guy who does USSSA tourneys where I live. He over rules umpires a lot! The TDs who do WSL, AFA, USA AND SSUSA here leave it all to their UICs and umpires.
  17. S

ASA Ruling

Hang on so in USSSA the runner is automatically out no matter what? So if the person outside the dugout is the defensive team's manager or one of their players not in the game at that time how does that factor in? Would that award the runners a one base advancement? I only ask because there's a...
  18. S

Any Interference / Blocked Ball?

Safety is exactly why I do my best to toss the bat towards the first base dugout after making hitting the ball. Keeps it out of the field of play and makes sure that no one gets hit by it. I have had umpires talk to me about it being unsportsmanlike conduct until I explain I'm just getting the...
  19. S

Thank you for your help Eddie. I appreciate it. I'm sure there could be other interpretations of my post and I welcome them. I really think the umpire in question called the game due to being at the end of his rope with the game and the behavior of the aforementioned visiting team's player as...
  20. S

I messaged our LD about the extra innings and he stated that the last OUT from the previous inning, not necessarily the last batter, begins the inning on second. Unless that player is leading off in which case they are granted a courtesy runner.