Search results

1. stang7222

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

I have a 12" that I used for SS/MI and a 14" that I used in the OF. I bought the 12.75" for 3B bc the other two just weren't right iver there and that kinda became my spot. Now whenever I play any position I use the 12.75. The other two gloves just take up space in my bag anymore.
  2. stang7222

How many bats do you own?

Guys that have been playing forever have bats that got banned, or the ever changing standards just rendered them obsolete. I have about 15 bats but I can only use 5 in any leagues or tournaments I might be playing in. The rest are older bats that lost legality before I managed to break or sell...
  3. stang7222

Like I said, I do TIP. It has helped my fileding and dramatically reduced injuries when I manage to get the ball into the glove. This is pretty close to my glove: https://www.anthem-sports.com/mizuno-12-75-prime-elite-baseball-glove-gpe1275.html This is my palmguard: Markwort Palmgard Xtra...
  4. stang7222

New Evil BP rocket review

Had most of my utrip team bp on Saturday with the BP Rockets. Everyone proffered them over used game balls. Great balls, no broken bats, and none got stolen. A few of my classic m balls disappeared. I'm sure guys used them to loosen up and they made their way into someone else's bag. You...
  5. stang7222

No. I don't know the name of the guy I'm talking about. The guy you're referring to hits the **** out of the ball for sure but was not their hitter on Saturday.
  6. stang7222

Work the Count or Swing For a Hit?

I played a mixed E tournament once about 10 years ago. Painful. Never again. Mens E is painful enough.
  7. stang7222

DHH in E only promotes sandbagging. Just played a team this weekend who's DHH was on an E team least year that got bumped to D. He switched teams and now DHHs for another E team.
  8. stang7222

I've done two in the pinky and wear a palm guard since I moved to the IF from the OF. I've found it helps a lot.
  9. stang7222

Derek Davis. He played with us in that Diamond Nation tournament in like 2012. The one where we were up 22-3 in the third inning and got mercied in the 5th inning. I think he was playing 3b that day. I saw him on Saturday and asked him about his 3 HROs and he said: "ooopsie. I do that a...
  10. stang7222

Official Last Bat 2024

Game 1: flyout at the fence Game 2: slapped single through the 3/4 hole
  11. stang7222

A palm guard might have helped a little but I don't think it has padding on the ring finger. How's it feeling?
  12. stang7222

I didn't get hit with a hard-core but a classic M bit me today. • Playing 3b and I always play up by the bag. •50 degrees so the balls were flying. •The infield was rock solid and playing very very fast. •Rocket one hopper that came up about a foot higher than I was expecting. I think my...
  13. stang7222

Official Last Bat 2024

Game 1: single to RF Game 2: single to CF Game 3: foul out 3-6 on the day and I'm lucky to be that good.
  14. stang7222

How many bats do you own?

I have about 15. Carry 4. This year probably only going to swing 2.
  15. stang7222

You should see the guys in E. One dude I've known for a long time is a good ball player. Great bat and excellent pitcher. Never plays above E bc his ego and attitude won't let him. He hit 3 inning ending HRs in the same game 2 weeks ago and tried to play it off like they weren't his fault...
  16. stang7222

Mizuno Orange Crush????

I didn't notice this thread was over a decade old. Then I saw the 3rd post was by Hebrew Hacker and for a second I thought the legend had returned. Then I saw the date...
  17. stang7222

I always go to the plate with a plan. I'm looking for a specific pitch to hit to a specific spot on the field every time. If the pitcher throws a ball for strike 2 but it's not the pitch I'm looking for, I'll take the pitch. With 2 strikes I simplify it and look to drive anything close...
  18. stang7222

Official Last Bat 2024

Line drive to the pitcher, runner got doubled off of 1b. Fortunately I was umpiring and a 12 year old girl did the hitting. Unfortunately I was the last ump to get paid so I got my $165 in 1-$100 bill and 65 singles.
  19. stang7222

Monsta Bats Forgiveness

I was on the fence about getting the USSSA Kinetik but ultimately passed when they were like 6 months overdue. I went with the Demarini Nautalai. This past weekend my Nautalai tested at 260ish. A teammates Kinetik tested a touch higher. The Kinetik was noticeably hotter. I didn't like the...
  20. stang7222

Mooch

I just remembered now that on one of my many trips to Toronto to watch the Yankees play the Blue Jays, Stairs was really cool to us and some other folks. We had a hotel room in the stadium overlooking LF. He was coaching with the Jays at the time. After an early afternoon practice (7:00pm...