Search results

1. A

rant post...

I've been carrying the same Easton bag since little league.
  2. A

New New 2013 eastons

I don't care what they look like. I just want to know if they hit the ball harder than the previous bats or not.
  3. A

New New 2013 eastons

Here are the bottom 3. I didn't have much luck with the top 3. SP13S1 - 2 piece 13.5" barrel http://www.softballfans.com/index/page/product/product_id/4955/product_name/Easton+SP13S1+Power+Brigade+S1+Slowpitch+Bat SP13X3 - 1 piece 12" barrel...
  4. A

Best time?

The only reason a lefty should go oppo is to keep the defense spread out. Or pull the first 2 or 3 at bats and go oppo when they shift.
  5. A

Which bat to keep for myself and which to use as team bat

At the beginning of next session, tell them that the price has gone up $10 per person.
  6. A

Elbow hurts after throwing

Could be tendonitis or tennis elbow. I had this pretty bad earlier this year. First and most important thing is RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevation). Then when it's time to start throwing again, make sure you stretch real good before you start warming up, and don't over do the warm up. That was...
  7. A

Which bat to keep for myself and which to use as team bat

Being that it's a team sport, I say let the team swing whatever will help the team win.
  8. A

Swing Critique

Ok, I took all of your advise. It's not perfect, but I think it's an improvement. I moved up in the box. That made it a little harder to lay off the high stuff. My first hit hit the fence, but we didn't get that one on video. Second hit was a line drive up the middle. Third was a short pop up to...
  9. A

Swing Critique

@jward: I've been trying the "lead with the butt of the bat" thing, but I keep reverting to my natural swing. @cheato: I'm going to try to start standing still in the box. Maybe resting the bat on my shoulder. @Triple7: Right next to Whiterock Lake. @Devil Dog: Yes I can. Look at my other...
  10. A

Need Help Purchasing A Bat

Check out the Easton SRV3.
  11. A

Swing Critique

You never know.
  12. A

Swing Critique

And, I've noticed that I've been doing that high hands thing with my stance lately. I think I do it because I'm trying not to drop them before I swing. That might be hurting me?
  13. A

Swing Critique

I feel like it has something to do with my posture. Like my spine should stay more vertical. Does that sound about right?
  14. A

Swing Critique

Ok. That's a lot to think about! I've had a bat in my hand my entire life, and I've always been able to hit the ball far. I guess I haven't given enough thought to mechanics, and it's starting to show with all the pop-ups I've been hitting. Do they have slowpitch camps for adults in the DFW area?
  15. A

Swing Critique

That's what my wife and I were saying about the way I run. I look like I have a stick up my butt.
  16. A

Swing Critique

Dipped my back knee? I can see that now. Thanks Triple7.
  17. A

Swing Critique

@dponder, maybe a little. I'll try to get my wife to take a video of me at the batting cage. I haven't always hit so many pop-ups. It just seems to be getting worse and worse. I think I have a hard time just going for a base hit. I'm always trying to blast the ball, but I'd like to be able to...
  18. A

Swing Critique

I've been popping up way too much lately. Am I uppercutting, hitting the bottom of the ball, or swinging at bad pitches? I know I have a problem taking bad pitches, so I'm working on that, but I feel like every time I hit the ball solid it pops up. I do fine in the batting cage, but it all...
  19. A

Dallas couple looking for coed team

Still looking.
  20. A

Dallas couple looking for coed team

Me too. I love Softball World!