2015 Vegas Military USSSA NIT invitation!

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Military Softball Community!!!! I'm sending this out due to Jeff Miller having a difficult time getting any response for the Las Vegas Military NIT Tournament in April. This is a great tournament especially since we don't have many on the west coast and we need as many participates as we can get. Its Vegas!!! Who wouldn't want to come out here to play ball and enjoy the night life.

Here is the info:

Dates: April 11/12 in Las Vegas at BLD, NV - Military NIT.
Entry Fee: $390
Pool Play into Double Elimination

See more at:
http://www.usssa.com/slowpitch/find...tureID=0&startDate=2/16/2015&teamID=undefined.

Jeff Miller is the POC
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 404-432-5779.

I know there is another thread out about this but this Jeff Millar contact for you to get your team in this tournament. We need to get this tournament just as big as the Band-Aid. Thank you and that is all.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Other question, I don't see any reference to an NIT on the USSSA website... only as Nevada Military State. That could hurt some teams because I believe we have to get permission from the tournament director and our own state director to get approval to play (would mainly hurt those teams that HAVE a military state, i.e. Texas, Colorado, Maryland, Georgia, Florida). Granted, they could play their own division at another military state and then play up in any other military state. At least I think we need a rules interpretation from the Military Director... or change the title to a "Military World Qualifier"? NIT would be better since for any team to play in military worlds we have to participate in their military state or a NIT (i.e Band Aid). (Sorry, I'm a rules junkie)

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I do not think it matters what "state" tourney you play in as long as you play in one and it is recorded as such.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Shelland contact Jeff to clarify. good questions there. What I put on here was straight from Hoodles who I assume got it from Jeff Miller who had trouble getting this info out on certain sites. I basically just copied and pasted the info to spread the word out.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
You can play in multiple state tournaments. The rules for military division is different then regular USSSA. In the past teams would play in multiple state tournaments to get as much points as possible (IE: Florida ran two state tournaments and teams would play in both of those or play in the Georgia and Florida tournaments). They don't put a cap on it because military does not have as many teams as regular USSSA. They made it a state tournament because teams get more points as compared to an NIT or qualifier based on the USSSA point structure.

Was my mistake saying it was an NIT as the tourney is actually a State tourney. They still guarantee 4-5 games for a weekend of softball. That's still worth it to me.

Hondell

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Roger and Jeff Miller used to run two separate tournaments in the past because of the limited amount of military tournaments on the west coast. However, they have taken a loss the past few years and had to make it one multiple state tournament. I have worked with them in the past and after talking with Roger, he came up with the two tournaments in one weekend for one price but now times are different and the costs are way to high to support that format. I still see it as a great weekend for military teams to come out as this tournament is for us.

Hondell

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Thanks for the insight Hondell.......well stated. I hope the word gets out to where the max amount of teams the tourney can hold enter. A weekend of military softball is always a great time!

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to let the military softball community know that Jeff Miller has been in the hospital for awhile as I have been talking with him. Please have him in your thoughts and prayers for speedy recovery. As some of you may know, Jeff has been battling health issues for the past few years.

Hondell

Chino13

Manager
Gentlemen,
I have been trying to get info about this tournament for the last two weeks. I would like to register my team from JBLM WA, what do I need to do?
Chino 13

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I would imagine just contact Jeff Miller via phone tell him to put you in and also go online to pay the entry fee at usssa.com.