Advice on 2015 Anderson Bat Company Flex Slow Pitch Softball Bat

JK40

Part Time Player
Has anyone actually swung this bat on these boards? I am looking into one and it is a balanced bat which can swing lighter than endloaded bats for sure. I watched some of those little "Bat Introduction" clips on several bat websites and one reviewer actually said that he personally thought it swung light for its weight.

I usually swing 28 ounce bats - easton reflex single wall endload, demarini flipper 28 ounce, MLC 28 ounce etc.

I would love to hear anyones experience and if I should be considering moving up to the 29 or 30 ounce models in this particular case.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
There are a few threads out their on this subject. Basically a lot of people are waiting for some real side-by-side comparisons to come on but to date I have not seen anything (some reviews on fast pitch models but nothing comparing the Flex to anything else that's out their). Personally, I am not going to pay $150-$200 on an untested bat so the sooner these reviews start coming in the better for ABC.

With respect to weight I would stick with what you normally swing. Flippers are very balanced bats, unless you are swinging the new 2015 Flipper USA.
JJ

JK40

Part Time Player
There are a few threads out their on this subject. Basically a lot of people are waiting for some real side-by-side comparisons to come on but to date I have not seen anything (some reviews on fast pitch models but nothing comparing the Flex to anything else that's out their). Personally, I am not going to pay $150-$200 on an untested bat so the sooner these reviews start coming in the better for ABC.

With respect to weight I would stick with what you normally swing. Flippers are very balanced bats, unless you are swinging the new 2015 Flipper USA.
JJ

Thx. I have read many threads here on bat weight choice etc. I, too, am itching to see these reviews but was more so hoping someone gave them a shot and could speak to them.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Talk to Smarkley3--he probably has the most knowledge on the ABC Flex bat & the new regime @ Anderson Bat Company. With regards to "new & easily available" bats there are not many options out their for restrictive one-piece singlewall leagues. Basically just the Demarini UW, Easton Salvo Scandium SP15SVS, & Anderson Flex. Most people I know are sticking to the older proven bats such as the Nanotek, Pyrotech, UW's, etc.. The bat of choice for singlewall leagues that allow any ASA website approved singlewall is probably the Demarini White & Raw Steels. I don't know much about these various two-piece singlewalls since there are not allowed in any of the singlewall leagues I play in.
JJ

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I should have some hitting videos done and up in about a week. The Flex ix very balanced and much like a Pyrotech. The RT2.0 double wall has a slight EL and really hits the ball well almost composite distance. The composite Anderson Ambush are new from 2014 and hit the ball well but I have seen some cracking issues with hard balls and cooler weather. I actually like the Supernova better and have a 34/26 FP I swing.

JK40

Part Time Player
I should have some hitting videos done and up in about a week. The Flex ix very balanced and much like a Pyrotech. The RT2.0 double wall has a slight EL and really hits the ball well almost composite distance. The composite Anderson Ambush are new from 2014 and hit the ball well but I have seen some cracking issues with hard balls and cooler weather. I actually like the Supernova better and have a 34/26 FP I swing.

That would be great!

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Waiting on some video, not sure when, not gonna torcher yous guys w my swing so waiting on a protegee to hit them

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
The Nano is heads above most all single wall bats but not legal in some single wall leagues.

n8ers

Word
I hit my buddies brand new RT2.0 26oz today and I agree with Steve Markley. The distance is right up there with a composite, feels great, personally love the simple look. I really like this bat. Should have taken video, maybe I'll try tomorrow. If anyone has a 26 or 27 RT2.0 they want to move please PM me.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I and a few seniors have been hitting the Flex, some OG Nanos and a few older single walls. I have to say that while a nice bat, the Flex does not match up to the OGG Nano.I really like my One Cryro, mostly because it has an extended barrel size adding to the sweet spot size. I am also partial to the anodized finish, though ne new Flex flat finish holds up nice too. When it comes to power the OG Nano is still the best, but the Flex is not a slacker.

JK40

Part Time Player
I ended up buying the 30 ounce and it has a perfect feel. I usually swing a 28 but this bat swings really light, a very balanced feel. Not sure on comparing it to past models but for a 2015 bat, it is the best that I have experienced so far for my single wall one piece league.