Anarchy Bazooka bat

jhitman

Has anyone hit this bat yet? This was was manufactured in the U.S. I was looking into buying this bat, but when I saw a demo, it went from like 288 psi down to 196 psi after only 150 swings. My main concern is durability not failing compression as they don't test here for league play.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
You might have watched the same youtube video I did. Bat looked promising, but lost a LOT of compression fast.

I hate to say it, but most 240s won't pass compression after 200 swings, especially if you use hard balls or hit in cold weather.

FWIW, older Anarchies seem to hold compression better. I won't call them tanks, but they'll take a little abuse and survive it.

jhitman

You might have watched the same youtube video I did. Bat looked promising, but lost a LOT of compression fast.

I hate to say it, but most 240s won't pass compression after 200 swings, especially if you use hard balls or hit in cold weather.

FWIW, older Anarchies seem to hold compression better. I won't call them tanks, but they'll take a little abuse and survive it.
Thanks. I saw another group demo the Bazooka with the same failing compression results. Also, none of them thought the performance was that good considering the bat was under 220 comp by the end of their BP. I'm using the bat for league so I don't mind the bat failing compression and actually would prefer it. I really like the Genesis and Tantrum lines, but I don't want to spend $250+ for a new bat. I try to find bargains when the manufacturers are dumping inventory. I have 2 different Mike Primo's right now and both are pretty good, but one has a small crack in it. I just want to have a 3rd bat in case the cracked one gets worse.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Thanks. I saw another group demo the Bazooka with the same failing compression results. Also, none of them thought the performance was that good considering the bat was under 220 comp by the end of their BP. I'm using the bat for league so I don't mind the bat failing compression and actually would prefer it. I really like the Genesis and Tantrum lines, but I don't want to spend $250+ for a new bat. I try to find bargains when the manufacturers are dumping inventory. I have 2 different Mike Primo's right now and both are pretty good, but one has a small crack in it. I just want to have a 3rd bat in case the cracked one gets worse.

Yeah, my general rule of thumb is not to spend more than $99 on 240 bats. There are always lots of good sale options out there. That said, I probably won't be getting any LS or Monstas. Those things are never cheap, and I think LS has horrible durability.

Right now there are a lot of cheap Eastons available. I'm not one of those guys who has to have a certain model by a certain manufacturer. If it's cheap, I'll swing it.

jhitman

Yeah, my general rule of thumb is not to spend more than $99 on 240 bats. There are always lots of good sale options out there. That said, I probably won't be getting any LS or Monstas. Those things are never cheap, and I think LS has horrible durability.

Right now there are a lot of cheap Eastons available. I'm not one of those guys who has to have a certain model by a certain manufacturer. If it's cheap, I'll swing it.

I'm the same way TW. I do want to get a new bat that's good, but not willing to pay full price or even a slightly discounted price. The Primo bats I have (one is a 220 and the other a 240) are both hitting the ball great. I really don't think the difference in performance warrants paying an extra $150 for. I paid $149 for each of my Primo bats. Just waiting for the new 2024's so I can get a bargain on some of the older models once they drop the prices.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

There have been several demarinis available for 150 if you want a little more durability than the eastons. I don't swing hard enough as long as I switch to game only soon enough to worry about failing . I'm plenty happy with the eastons and will likely sell most of my ls.

Anarchy are wild. I have a dark red 12 that's as hot as any 240 but it's at about 242. My other is a one piece and it's nowhere near as good. I'll probably sell them too as my pure branch is close at 260 or so.

The bazooka I saw, if those balls weren't in a 90 degree trunk all day it sucked for a below 220 bat. I was shocked by the after BP compression based on the performance.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm the same way TW. I do want to get a new bat that's good, but not willing to pay full price or even a slightly discounted price. The Primo bats I have (one is a 220 and the other a 240) are both hitting the ball great. I really don't think the difference in performance warrants paying an extra $150 for. I paid $149 for each of my Primo bats. Just waiting for the new 2024's so I can get a bargain on some of the older models once they drop the prices.

Well, bats can only be so hot, and a $99 bat will get every bit as hot as a $300 one. IMO it's silly to pay top dollar. I'm also notorious for buying prior years' models.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
There have been several demarinis available for 150 if you want a little more durability than the eastons. I don't swing hard enough as long as I switch to game only soon enough to worry about failing . I'm plenty happy with the eastons and will likely sell most of my ls.

Anarchy are wild. I have a dark red 12 that's as hot as any 240 but it's at about 242. My other is a one piece and it's nowhere near as good. I'll probably sell them too as my pure branch is close at 260 or so.

The bazooka I saw, if those balls weren't in a 90 degree trunk all day it sucked for a below 220 bat. I was shocked by the after BP compression based on the performance.

Yeah, buying 240s is a crapshoot, especially since USSSA tests before every tourny here. We use hard balls, and half the time the weather's cold. At this point I don't want to spend much on bats that aren't going to last anyway.

jhitman

Well, bats can only be so hot, and a $99 bat will get every bit as hot as a $300 one. IMO it's silly to pay top dollar. I'm also notorious for buying prior years' models.

I know people forking out $300 for the Easton Tantrum 1 piece. The bat fails quickly which most likely will mean it will break faster. I guess it's self gratification. I don't mind putting in the BP to get about the same performance with a lesser bat. I was not high on the Primo bats as I just got them because they were a bargain. I quickly found out that they were just as good as my higher end bats. I will be patient and wait for the discounts on 2022 and 2023 models.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I know people forking out $300 for the Easton Tantrum 1 piece. The bat fails quickly which most likely will mean it will break faster. I guess it's self gratification. I don't mind putting in the BP to get about the same performance with a lesser bat. I was not high on the Primo bats as I just got them because they were a bargain. I quickly found out that they were just as good as my higher end bats. I will be patient and wait for the discounts on 2022 and 2023 models.

Yeah, all of today's composite slowpitch bats perform relatively the same, and they have to still pass at or above 240. Saying some bat is way hotter than others is pure hogwash. You can spend $99 or $300 and get the same damn thing.

Tantrums probably are very hot, but you won't get 100 swings out of them before they fail.

I miss the days when men were men, and bats weren't hot. You just had to hit the ball really and and actually be strong to hit HRs.

jhitman

Yeah, all of today's composite slowpitch bats perform relatively the same, and they have to still pass at or above 240. Saying some bat is way hotter than others is pure hogwash. You can spend $99 or $300 and get the same damn thing.

Tantrums probably are very hot, but you won't get 100 swings out of them before they fail.

I miss the days when men were men, and bats weren't hot. You just had to hit the ball really and and actually be strong to hit HRs.

I agree TW. I remember swinging old TPS bats back in the day. A very good metal bat, but unless you were a HR hitter you weren't hitting them out. Once the composites came in the early 2000's all bets were off. I saw people hitting the OG Velocit-E and Ultra1 and 2's over the fence. I would often here from those particular players, "wow that's the first time I ever hit a HR over the fence". Our LD's got wind of this in a hurry and everything was banned the next season. I had an Ultra2 and could only use it one year.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I agree TW. I remember swinging old TPS bats back in the day. A very good metal bat, but unless you were a HR hitter you weren't hitting them out. Once the composites came in the early 2000's all bets were off. I saw people hitting the OG Velocit-E and Ultra1 and 2's over the fence. I would often here from those particular players, "wow that's the first time I ever hit a HR over the fence". Our LD's got wind of this in a hurry and everything was banned the next season. I had an Ultra2 and could only use it one year.

Well, now rather than banning bats and balls for being too hot, sanctions are encouraging it. I mean, look what USSSA has done. They just keep making it worse with hard core balls and such.

Hell, I remember years when aluminum bats would get banned for being "too hot". Now I see bats in ASA league that are WAAYYYY hotter than any metal bat that got banned 13 years ago.

ASA bat technology has changed so much. I remember when ASA bats were considered largely inferior in performance to USSSA ones.
All the leagues I play in are ASA bats and .52 300 balls, but the bats are so f'ing hot now that you still see tons of bombs. In the old days (even with .44 375 balls) you saw a lot less HRs because the bats were much deader.

jhitman

Well, now rather than banning bats and balls for being too hot, sanctions are encouraging it. I mean, look what USSSA has done. They just keep making it worse with hard core balls and such.

Hell, I remember years when aluminum bats would get banned for being "too hot". Now I see bats in ASA league that are WAAYYYY hotter than any metal bat that got banned 13 years ago.

ASA bat technology has changed so much. I remember when ASA bats were considered largely inferior in performance to USSSA ones.
All the leagues I play in are ASA bats and .52 300 balls, but the bats are so f'ing hot now that you still see tons of bombs. In the old days (even with .44 375 balls) you saw a lot less HRs because the bats were much deader.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but, TW have you had the chance to swing the Onyx First Born 2.0 USSSA bat? It seems to be a great bat that is totally flying under the radar.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Not trying to hijack this thread, but, TW have you had the chance to swing the Onyx First Born 2.0 USSSA bat? It seems to be a great bat that is totally flying under the radar.

No, never swung anything Onyx. Hell, I never even see those around here.

jhitman

No, never swung anything Onyx. Hell, I never even see those around here.
There's a couple of groups on youtube that demoed them and they all thought it was one of the best bats that is flying under the radar. I guess bad marketing from Onyx.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Onyx you basically have to buy from them and pay extra for the warranty. They got big around here until they started testing because like the tantrums, they were super hot but failed easily. They were basically buying them to swing while failing.

That's what utrip was for a few years around here. It was basically an outlaw league.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
There's a couple of groups on youtube that demoed them and they all thought it was one of the best bats that is flying under the radar. I guess bad marketing from Onyx.

I know an A player who used to be on a team that was at least partially sponsored by Onyx (Seminoles). He had some bat a few years ago that tested at 220 right out of the wrapper, and just went down from there. The bat honestly reminded me of an old Combat. Fairly cheap looking.

IDK how they hold compression now, but I'm thinking probably not well.

jhitman

I would be using it for league only, but come to find out they only carry the one I want in 28/29 ounces.

Zipperking

WTP all day
I would be using it for league only, but come to find out they only carry the one I want in 28/29 ounces.
The Onyx run about an ounce lighter than sticker weight. I just got in a 28 and a 29 but they weighed in at 27.2 and 28.4, not to mention the swing weight is pretty light I would say maybe a .25 to .5oz endload at most. My first 27 held compression for awhile but then I gave it to a buddy who has been gaming it this winter in the cold and it dropped down to about 220 but at least it's holding up structurally.

jhitman

The Onyx run about an ounce lighter than sticker weight. I just got in a 28 and a 29 but they weighed in at 27.2 and 28.4, not to mention the swing weight is pretty light I would say maybe a .25 to .5oz endload at most. My first 27 held compression for awhile but then I gave it to a buddy who has been gaming it this winter in the cold and it dropped down to about 220 but at least it's holding up structurally.

I spoke to an Onyx rep the other day and they are coming out with a new Onyx First Born bat in late March. I do realize they swing lighter, but I swing a 26 ounce now. If they had a 27 I would have bought it. They only have 28/29 of the First Born 2.0. I will wait until late March to see. Here on the East Coast I don't think many know about Onyx.

jhitman

I would be using it for league where they don't test. I don't mind if it fails compression early as long as it's durable. It definitely won't be a BP bat.