Best Demarini steel

petereggy

Addicted to Softballfans
A buddy on my team is looking to get a Demarini steel again

He had the 2010 maroon steel but I am just wondering if the newer white steel or raw steel are any better?

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
A buddy on my team is looking to get a Demarini steel again

He had the 2010 maroon steel but I am just wondering if the newer white steel or raw steel are any better?

i liked them all but the black barreled 09 I think might have even been an SA exclusive

The 2011 and 2012 seem to work well with the 52's

They are all single walls no matter what but I think the 06 is the most popular

UtahD

Coach
I've swung all till the 2012 model...if you can't get your hands on anything before the 2010, you'd be gtg...although the 2011 black wasn't bad at all, I preferred it over the 2010 maroon...

Michfan21

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been swinging white steels for 6 years and by far my favorite year was the black barrel 09'. There were two models made that year a SA exclusive and a regular one. I've never swung the SA but from what i hear the SA exclusive is not as good.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
SA EXCLUSIVE WAS THE raw, NOT THE WHITE STEEL.

iF OP would choose the Raw over the WS.............well then, Im just going to go on to the next thread:(

BennyG1982

Coins/Gentile Realty
Can we rephrase this question to maybe: Rank the top Steels

Because honestly the OG white steel was the best...but hard to find

Michfan21

Addicted to Softballfans
IDK about the raw steels but there was def SA exclusive white steel in 09'. It has a demar D on the handle instead of the black compostie window.

My ranking for the white steels is as follows:
09' black barrel
OG
10' maroon barrel
11' black barrel with flames on the handle

i've never swung the 12' or 08'

BryonR41

I played as a pick up in a single wall league tuesday night and used a Raw Steel, it had a dark handle with a charcoal (almost black) barrel. I have no idea what year it was because it was the first time I've swung one, but I was able to hit 2 hr's with it and the bat felt great.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
i played as a pick up in a single wall league tuesday night and used a raw steel, it had a dark handle with a charcoal (almost black) barrel. I have no idea what year it was because it was the first time i've swung one, but i was able to hit 2 hr's with it and the bat felt great.

og raw steel

bpierce208

Addicted to Softballfans
What are these going for piecewise now?

If you can find one, you will pay $200 + for it...If you find someone who has one and doesn't know anything about it, grab it!!!!

I just saw on ebay the new 2013 raw steel...hadn't seen it before, white barrel looks like.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
IDK about the raw steels but there was def SA exclusive white steel in 09'. It has a demar D on the handle instead of the black compostie window.

My ranking for the white steels is as follows:
09' black barrel
OG
10' maroon barrel
11' black barrel with flames on the handle

i've never swung the 12' or 08'

It was 2008, Black steel for SA. I picked up that and the grey handled 2008 white steel that spring.

RenegadeBird01

Not to try and start an old thread up again….. did anyone on here ever put a 1-10 list on the best steels? I may be getting one early next year since I really can’t find a good half and half with a metal barrel for a good price. I figure if I’m gonna drop 200 on something the an sf5-7 I may as well get a new steel unless they aren’t as good as they used to be

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I like the new steels with 52’s, the alloy handle feels better with my swing, they have since went to a seemless barrel, the ones pre 18 had a fused seem that had a tendency to split, the white steels with the composite handle weren’t overly flexy, pretty stiff and hit the 44’s good back in the day, my fav is the og white steel 2006 model, still have 2, they had a foam insert that created a trampoline effect much like the newest asa composite bats, but I think that went away around the 11? burgundy model, the very first raw steel, aluminum handle had the foam insert as well, for me I wouldn’t spend the money on the older versions unless cheap, round etc, the newer steels are just as good and performance for me is negligible, now if they could go back to the old knob or make it smaller would be good lol