Help selecting a bat

Jack 91

Extra Hitter
Need help with selecting a bat. Modified league is using Diamond Flyer Optic Yellow 44/375 balls this season. After doing a search about these balls and read the horror stories and personally experiencing poor performance with them as well with good composite bats (F98, Reap2, One) I need help with selecting a bat that will perform better with these mush balls. I prefer swinging the F98, Reap2 and Recoil and am hoping to find a bat that will swing similar to these but will perform better with these horrible balls. I’ve read metals are the way to go and specifically the White Steel but I would like something that swings like the above mentioned bats if possible? I want to make an excellent decision and therefore need a lot of input about experiences w/ bats that perform great with these rolled up socks. Thanks in advance and I have done multiple searchs already.

Last edited:

Guvna

Buzzing towers
scn10bh does pretty well with the softer balls....you can get these bats cheap too. It's a Utrip composite so I'm not sure if you can use it in your league or not. It's not one of the best bats, but responds to the softer core.

Jack 91

Extra Hitter
Thanks Guvna. I should have specified it needs to be ASA. Should I move this to a different board to get more responses?

Last edited:

Batta3674

Addicted to Softballfans
Combat AV, SRV3, SSR2 and the Salvo's from what I have used hit them pretty well. YOu can also look into the Demi's PHNX, CF's and Flyswatters

Jack 91

Extra Hitter
Thanks for the replies fellas. I don’t mind Easton bats but I have to ask why you guys are recommending them b/c it seems all composites are hitting the Diamond Flyer .44/375 optic yellow balls equally, which is overall poor. Or are you guys recommending these bats b/c they are stiffer and in return possibly perform more favorably with these mush balls? I would prefer not buying another composite b/c I’m very satisfied with the ones I have now but would prefer a metal or composite that performs extraordinarily well and has more of the taper of a Miken or Easton rather than a Demarini. Bats have to be ASA and thanks again for sharing.

Guvna

Buzzing towers
Bro, your questions have been answered....we just named off the top and most sought after ASA bats.

Batta3674

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the replies fellas. I don’t mind Easton bats but I have to ask why you guys are recommending them b/c it seems all composites are hitting the Diamond Flyer .44/375 optic yellow balls equally, which is overall poor. Or are you guys recommending these bats b/c they are stiffer and in return possibly perform more favorably with these mush balls? I would prefer not buying another composite b/c I’m very satisfied with the ones I have now but would prefer a metal or composite that performs extraordinarily well and has more of the taper of a Miken or Easton rather than a Demarini. Bats have to be ASA and thanks again for sharing.

If your not happy with the performance of the composites and want to go "metal" you'll have to go old school. The old LS XXL was and is a great bat as well as the Easton ST-1 (I think that's the connection bat but the model 3 could be wrong) if your looking New style bats check out the Anderson line as well but I've never swung them nore seen them in any of my modified leagues. I'm just going by what I use/see out there.

Batta3674

Addicted to Softballfans
I work in Newport....I live just south of Providence

PM me, I'll hook you up with some spots
I went to school there (Salve) back in the day so I know the area. I was just up in Providence 2 months ago for the Bachelor Party - bused down to Newport for the night and hit O'Brians and the Rhino then headed up to Providence and went to the Strip Club (I don't remember which one tho)

Guvna

Buzzing towers
I'm in Warwick...Salve chicks rock!!

But I'm married now so it's just eye candy for me now....I work right on the middletown/newport line.

Those bars have all been compromised by me at some point.

Choices of strippies:
Foxy Lady
Cadillac Lounge
Cheaters
Fantasies
Desire
Satin Doll
Sportsmans.

Just off the top of my head, ya know? haha;)

baseman

in your face nancy grace
to be back on track, you should really concider an anderson Rocketech or techzilla. They will work very well with these balls

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say find your self a good bat whor3 that has alot of bats who is nice enough to let you swing his. Some people say to pick up a bat and dry swing it and chose whichever one you like best. Take about 10 cuts with each bat and see how good it swings, how well you drive the ball, the feel when you make good contact, I would even check the sound because the sound of a bat will put some people off sometimes too.
I would say take people's advice with a grain of salt because only you know what works for you. For example, I got a NRG once because I was hearing good reviews on it. I got it because I thought it would hit like a freak but I was disappointed in it.

FranDog33

Coach
a lot of people in the DeMarini section are saying that the F4 is a mush ball killer
I've used my F4 in a lot of hot and humid days (when the balls turn to mush anyways) and noticed it performed just as well as it does in nice weather