Why do you use/Like Evil Bps

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
Robert Insects supplied my daughters fastpitch team 2 dozen BP balls (orange and white) last year and we've hit them a ton and still holding up nicely and don't damage bats. Taken BP many times on wet fields and they really seem to resist the water. Like others have said, there are other good balls out there, but I know the Evils are very good.

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a guy who trys to hit everyday at least off the tee and these balls hold up for me. I love the feel you get when you hit them just right. Plus they are perfect for breaking in bats. The only problem I have is I won't let anybody else hit with them because I'm so afraid they will lose them. LOL! Great product!

single wally

Professional Amateur
Long time Evil customer, but I have to say the new BP Rockets don't stack up to the original Evil BPs. I busted out some old, well used OG ones that I bought about 4 years ago last night, took a few swings, and they were ridiculous, made me miss them. Not sure if the newer rockets cover is thicker, specs lower, or materials/construction different but I, as well as teammates, notice a significant drop in performance. I'd say the new rockets are decent/good balls whereas the original Evil BPs were silly. Bobby, I know you mentioned to me in PM that there should be no difference but we're seeing it in the field.

Rye1243

Long time Evil customer, but I have to say the new BP Rockets don't stack up to the original Evil BPs. I busted out some old, well used OG ones that I bought about 4 years ago last night, took a few swings, and they were ridiculous, made me miss them. Not sure if the newer rockets cover is thicker, specs lower, or materials/construction different but I, as well as teammates, notice a significant drop in performance. I'd say the new rockets are decent/good balls whereas the original Evil BPs were silly. Bobby, I know you mentioned to me in PM that there should be no difference but we're seeing it in the field.

^^^ x2...I hit BP with this guy and notice the difference between the older and newer ball as well.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian

I felt the same way when I first got some new Rockets awhile ago but after awhile they're hitting great just like the older ones. I know there's no way for a ball to get better, I think it has something to do with the balls picking up a little bit of moisture/weight from our water logged parks. Has to be something cause I was dissappointed when I first got them, several sessions & they feel more substantial to hit/pitch, been happy ever since.

Question, would a potentially less hotter BP rocket make sense with todays bats

Rockets don't seem too hard on bats but a higher cor might be cool, something like a 52/375-400. Be interesting to see how they perform/feel vs the Rockets & would probably be even easier on bats.

Will say, I just got a half dozen of the BP Lites & am extremely impressed with them. They felt great & can be hit a loooong ways, I'll get the Lites over the Rockets going forward. If someone doesn't like the Lites, it's probably cause they haven't hit them yet & just think all 52/300's suck. Might be a good reason to change the Rocket to a 52/375-400, girly boys will still want to buy them up.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Question, would a potentially less hotter BP rocket make sense with todays bats

That's what I figured the BP Lites were for. Not all new bats are fragile; Demar ASAs, Combats, the new Miken line, yes, but Eastons, Mizunos, others like the LS Sonic + are mostly tanks.

When I PMed you a couple of months ago, you said that the specs of the Rockets were the same as the old ones from years go, but your message above implies that specs actually have been reduced, which makes a lot more sense.

As Chrome said, one alternative could be to up the cor on the Rockets to maintain the crazy good performance of the OGs. Bobby, weren't the OGs 48/425? Maybe make a 52/425, the Rocket +...I reckon those would sell like hotcakes. :biggthumpup:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
My message was a question without implications. I have not ordered a spec change on the Rockets to this date. I am going to look into your suggestion of a 52/425, thank you for mentioning that. Perhaps you could test some if we go in that direction.

goldglover79

Nc Vinci player rep
The price is cheaper than the balls we use for games, they last a lot longer, and I like to see how the ball is spinning off the bat which is easier to see with the multi-color ball.

Not to mention they are easy on bats. Havent had a single issue yet.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I have not tried any of the evils yet, let me see how much my LD pays for the 52's he used...maybe I can get him to change...I'd be down to test out some prototypes as well...I need to web up my Torq's more

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
like I have said in the past best balls on the market, always excited to see what new items they are coming out with it.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Over 100 thousand of them are in play today and we never have people saying they blew up their bats with the Evil BP. Its our unique blend of C0R and compression that makes it work. So well that others are now trying to copy it. Yes Im flattered.

bndawgs

President-Elect
I was surprised when I hit one. i thought they were supposed to be mushy like the 52s to protect your bats. I don't see how they can't harm them.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Here is a test no one can argue with. A couple years ago I teamed up with Louisville Slugger/ Backman/Shoppe with the help of Robert Blackburn aka Robo and Dennis Turner of Slugger. Historically the team blew up 3 to 5 bats a weekend. We did a test to see if the Evil BP could reduce bat breakage for the entire team. They only hit the Evil BP balls for BP sessions and Robo was able to bring them to all the events that year. End result, team bat breakage was reduced almost 80% according to Dennis Turner. This was the ultimate challenge for the Evil BP ball and it did exactly what I built it to do. Offer players a game quality experience while hitting BP and not tear up bats. Im not sure I can give you a better example.

Country469

52s seem to feel lighter off the bat to me, as do the evil bp lites. They are hard to the touch and bounce tho.

bndawgs

President-Elect
i'm not really arguing anything. i just found it strange that i can hit the bp ball farther than a TA and not have to worry about it breaking my bat. i would definitely say that they don't mimic real life game quality balls. at least in my experience.