Louisville Slugger Z-4000
Louisville Slugger Z-4000 - $299.95
Evil Softballs
Evil Softballs
SBF Exclusive CL22 ASA
SBF Exclusive CL22 ASA - Call for Price
Miken DC-41
Miken DC-41 - $299.99

Senior Softball Board Discussions surrounding the senior game.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #31
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

Senior Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftballDad52 View Post
How does it "feel" weight wise? Endloaded, balanced? 12 inch barrel or 13.5? What easton model does it most resemble for swing/feel? SP12SY100W? L2? SCX3? SCX22? OG Synergy? Thanks, Rick
its very balanced a lil barrel heavy but by no means end loaded… we hit today and the bat is getting better every outing hit with STORK, and two other Senior players… they all seem to have good things to say about the bat

Super
Alt Today
Advertising

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #32
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

good Q???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLXTRA View Post
12 inch or 13.5 barrel

13.5 in barrel and looks and feels like an L2, but way more POP!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #33
ABLXTRA
veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfonzie View Post
13.5 in barrel and looks and feels like an L2, but way more POP!!!
thanks I scrolled through the pict after I posted and saw 13.5 if it hits like a 1st batch scx2 I'm all over it

if it is weighted like a L2 or a L4 I may not be for me

do you know if it is made for the 52/275 or the 44/375

just some info about me.
my first year playing 50+ this year using 52/275 in league
in cool weather I use a senior bat (UII)and a 52core good combination
warm weather and 52core ball senior bat not so good. I used a USSSA z2k on warm humid days instead of the UII, and was asked what I was swinging and accused of it being shaved

Last edited by ABLXTRA; 11-02-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #34
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

SCX2 = Easton Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLXTRA View Post
thanks I scrolled through the pict after I posted and saw 13.5 if it hits like a 1st batch scx2 I'm all over it

if it is weighted like a L2 or a L4 I may not be for me

do you know if it is made for the 52/275 or the 44/375
also my first year playing 50+ so I'm new to this also but boy it looks like a good year, and what a time to start playing senior ball, the exact same year that EASTON comes out with their own Senior bat…. it just don't get better than this...

no idea yet but all i have hit w it are 44/375 league balls, not end loaded at all, i think its nicely balanced but its a 27 oz, and yes i think it feels like the SCX2 all over again, now i am biased because i have been swinging Easton for 20 yrs, some people that swing 26 have a bit of an issue getting it squared up but boy when you do its lights out!!!
its holding up fine and id say its opening up more each time we hit with it… gonna post a pic and measurements of the field we hit on shortly after i get some viddles in me

yes i think it feels like an scx2

not endloaded ..very balanced

was not told about what balls to hit w and what not too ..its in field test mode now so i guess they will figure that one out…they = EASTON

Super

Last edited by superfonzie; 11-02-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #35
ABLXTRA
veteran

great info . I am an Easton fan through and through but I have strayed to a z2k for mush balls . the L2 and L4 hit the harder balls great . I have not swung a batter bat than an ASA stamped UII for senior with 44/375 at this point I'm still trying other bats that team mates have.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #36
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

ok here is where we hit today…

now the measurements are 340' LF 365' LC 400' CF
the last round for me i got up to home plate to get an accurate footage of how far the balls were flyin, now this will seem a bit of braggery again but i have witness's who were there and chased balls i was hitting and i was told by Mike and Doc that these were the lines i was hitting and the approx footages

first line from top = 340 ish
second line from top =385 to sidewalk on the fly best ball hit all day MASHED!!!
third line from the top = 350 ish
fourth line from top = 375 ish

all the lines represent balls that went OUT of the filed of play, i hit several more out but no need to bore you all with lines and stuff, just wanna post some decent shots that were hit today and footages so you an see for yourself that this bat is for REAL!!!! its got the goods… its all that and a bag of chips!! IMHO

Im 6'0 250ish, a bit fluffy but i swing like a freak ….. and always been known for hitting more so than defense

Super

Last edited by superfonzie; 11-02-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #37
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

google earth distances… i know i would have probably hit the U2 just as well but the facts are that this bat has approx 175 swings and is not fully broken in, also I'm told that this bat will come with a 1yr warranty, and the wrapper that came on the bat had the registration card with a 1yr warranty reg card in it … mistake i don't know but if this truly comes with a 1yr warranty it should be the best bat avail HANDS DOWN!!! especially if it sells at the 229$ price point, again IMHO… and yes i am biased … who wouldn't be !!!

AGAIN SORRY FOR THE GIANT PICS… BUT AT LEAST I POST PICS

Super

Last edited by superfonzie; 11-02-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #38
obagain
Dr. bats are for wimps

The problem I have with Easton is when the senior bat craze started we had talks with them and they basically said the senior market was too small to put R&D into a senior bat so they would not be getting into the market.
Now that several companies have shown the senior market can be a money maker the jump in.
What could Easton bring to the market that other companies haven't done yet? Make a senior bat that is durable (what they do best), the holy grail that all are trying for.
Seeing the paint chip so early tells me this bat will not be much different than the other senior bats.
Why should I spend my money with a company that was so against giving me a product I wanted?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #39
tkr18
Addicted to Softballfans

If performance is only equal to or possibly even slightly better than current senior bats (or even U2), is the real selling point Easton durability + a warranty return?

I am not trying to cause a furor, just trying to sort it out.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #40
Madbeers
Manager

Wish there was an endloaded version.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #41
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

1yr warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by obagain View Post
The problem I have with Easton is when the senior bat craze started we had talks with them and they basically said the senior market was too small to put R&D into a senior bat so they would not be getting into the market.
Now that several companies have shown the senior market can be a money maker the jump in.
What could Easton bring to the market that other companies haven't done yet? Make a senior bat that is durable (what they do best), the holy grail that all are trying for.
Seeing the paint chip so early tells me this bat will not be much different than the other senior bats.
Why should I spend my money with a company that was so against giving me a product I wanted?
because its an EASTON bat, and we all knowthat they are the tops in the bat industry, they makegreat products, they have greta performanceand they are TANKS.... you wont know unless you try one....

Super

PS Madbeers…. i hear the two piece is already in the works …??? so I'm sure and EL will be soon also

Last edited by superfonzie; 11-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #42
stork
Rocky Mountain Oyster

Weren't you hitting Stadiums the first time when you got the chip? Did it develop any more after yesterday?
Again, the bat had a very solid feel. Maybe it is the softer barrel bats that feel a little more fragile (just feel, not necessarily the case). I'll check back later, but gotta run.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #43
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

Huh what ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stork View Post
Weren't you hitting Stadiums the first time when you got the chip? Did it develop any more after yesterday?
Again, the bat had a very solid feel. Maybe it is the softer barrel bats that feel a little more fragile (just feel, not necessarily the case). I'll check back later, but gotta run.
i hit 5 - 47/525+ max range balls with the senior and thats when the paint chip happened when i hit the Rawling Rocks … since then a mark over the N in Easton has chipped off as you can see but the chips are outer paint layer only, i am posting pics of the bats to show how its webbing up real nice... i'm at about 230 swings including today, just got home from more BP… since i will be debuting in Phoenix in two weeks for my first Senior Tourney, hopefully i will be able take the Elder w me to Phoenix and let some peeps use it and chk it out while im there… have to talk to the E r&d guys and talk them into letting me debut the bat there as well … we'll see … keep your fingers x'd and hopefully ill see you there ill be playing with the Colorado team Scrap Iron/Moore Plumbing

at almost 200 BP swings the outer layer of paint is webbing up nicely if you look at the pics, if you look at the paint chips you will see that its ONLY the very outer layer of paint on a very new 1st edition bat that is webbing up, the bat is getting better each BP session, and i even took my kids iPad to do some video but forgot to use it >>>>… duh what a noob ...… sorry bout the video…anyhow to make a long story short i hope to have the bat in phoenix, so if you wanna chi it out come see us play and ask for fonz or fluffy (me) and ill be glad to hook you up, maybe even get u some swings if i can find the time

SuperFonzie

Last edited by superfonzie; 11-03-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #44
stork
Rocky Mountain Oyster

I thought that you were swinging harder balls at some point during previous bp is what you said may have contributed to paint chip.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #45
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

yuppp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stork View Post
I thought that you were swinging harder balls at some point during previous bp is what you said may have contributed to paint chip.
the very first BP i did swing at some Rawlings 47/525 but just 5 swings at the end of that BP session ..two fridays ago i believe … YUPPP!!! i use the 47/525 to breakdown the normal utrip bats quicker .. harder balls means less swings to get the bat rocking and rollin… but don't use them on a reg basis, just on NEW bats, i have two dozen i use for BP on the new 2103 bats to help get them game ready quicker….

Super
Closed Thread