Miken SOULTA ASA
Miken SOULTA ASA - $129.99
Evil Softballs
Evil Softballs
SBF Exclusive CL22 ASA
SBF Exclusive CL22 ASA - Call for Price
Miken Freak 52
Miken Freak 52 - Call for Price

Senior Softball Board Discussions surrounding the senior game.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #61
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

hey yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLXTRA View Post
I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you r in Phoenix look me up and ill get you some swings w it… I'm with Moore Plumbing/ Scrap Iron….. only one swinging it I'm sure..!!!
im Tim but they call me …. "tater salad" …. IJK… but they do call me timmay!!

Super
superfonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Advertising

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #62
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

Good News Bad News ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerpilot View Post
I've swung a couple 17bh's where the shell chipped and flaked early on, didn't degrade the durability on them. Hope that's what you have here...
BAD NEWS ...

" the factory did not do a good job sanding the paint before putting on the final clear coat on the first sample batches, therefore some of the first run samples did experience some paint chipping and peeling on the very outer layer, not in the bat itself"

BETTER NEWS

"Easton has addressed this issue and going forward the issue has been corrected and there should be no more issues with any paint chipping on the senior bats"

GOOD NEWS

I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico!!!

I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD THERE WILL BE NO WARRANTY ON THE EASTON SENIOR BAT, THE FIRST RUN OF SAMPLES WENT OUT IN A RUSH AND WERE PACKAGED WITH A 1 YR WARRANTY CARD, THIS IS NOT TRUE.... THERE IS NO WARRANTY WITH THE EASTON SENIOR BATS !!!

THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM THE GUYS AT EASTON, BUT ONCE YOU SWING THE BAT IT WONT MATTER, BECAUSE ITS MADE WITH THE SAME QUALITY ALL EASTON BATS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MADE WITH AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY SEE THAT ONCE YOU ARE ABLE TO GET YOUR OWN !!!

SuperFonzie
Old 11-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #63
ETDave
Old School

If this things swings similar to my OG Extended (my favorite bat of all time) I think I may have to get one!

www.lakestriker.com

Senior League Superstar
ETDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #64
obagain
Dr. bats are for wimps

Send a message via Yahoo to obagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfonzie View Post
because its an EASTON bat, and we all knowthat they are the tops in the bat industry, they makegreat products, they have greta performanceand they are TANKS.... you wont know unless you try one....

Super

PS Madbeers…. i hear the two piece is already in the works …??? so I'm sure and EL will be soon also
Sorry but miken was king of senior for years and now several companies have made their mark.
I will keep my money until Easton proves they have a superior product.
So far we have paint chipping, a bunch of pics of paint chipping and confusion about warranty because they put warranty cards in with bats so people thought they had a warranty.
Not a good start, they will need to work out the bugs before the real season starts in a few months.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-cTSc8zHs
obagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #65
ABLXTRA
veteran

If this is anything close to a 1st batch. durability should not be a problem if it is better then, there may be some questions

I'm in if your going to pay 189.00 new UII and it will last maybe 500 swings

i will take my chances with an easton anytime
9 27oz UII ASA STAMPS (2 NIW)
4 28oz UII ASA STAMPS
4 26oz OG Z2K USSSA gamer is
1 26oz OG Z2K ASA
1 26oz Z3K USSSA

Last edited by ABLXTRA; 11-07-2013 at 09:05 PM.
ABLXTRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #66
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

issues … that have been solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by obagain View Post
Sorry but miken was king of senior for years and now several companies have made their mark.
So far we have paint chipping, a bunch of pics of paint chipping and confusion about warranty because they put warranty cards in with bats so people thought they had a warranty.
Not a good start, they will need to work out the bugs before the real season starts in a few months.
does miken have bats with a warranty ???
did mike have issues she they first started ???
has miken proven that they are the best bat out there ???

question all you want and keep swinging your Miken ,,, i will on other other hand continue to test every bat i can get my hands on and see how they work for me,

Combats= no feel for me
Miken= lots of choices and seem to have a great following
Reebok= came out a year or so ago and have a good product to many
TPS & Easton …ONLY TIME WILL TELL but in my book no BAT is that good that people shouldn't try the next best thing and see if it works for them…
true TPS and Easton have been late to arrive to the game but they have had more time to refine their bats and like i said…

the highlighted phrase above seems silly to me as each and every person has a different idea what is the best … Miken is a great bat i have one, and obviously the best for you and thats great …some of us wanna try the newer bats and make up our now minds ...

ONLY TIME WILL TELL

SUPER

p.s. I'm the only person who has said that they MIGHT come with a 1 yr warranty no one else… thats on me !!! and i have a Miken Triad Blackout on the way so I'm not entirely biased … but definitely somewhat biased… come swing done and see for yourselves … might be getting a couple more for the Phoenix trip per my E guys… hope it comes thru so everybody can swing them in different weights
Old 11-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #67
morat1959
Addicted to Softballfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by obagain View Post
This is also only 1 of 2 reviews I've read on this bat. The other review put this bat behind other senior bats in pop and distance.....new out of wrap and after several cuts.
morat1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #68
Pete D
Addicted to Softballfans

If "Elder" is the name of the bat I wouldn't get one just because of the name........
THE COMBATANTS #13 Pete D
In the bag = 1 Combat OG 30FL / 1 Combat OG 28 FL / 1 Super Freak 29 EL / 4 Reebok Melee 28FL / 1 Freak 28 / 1 Green Mayhem 28 EL / 1 MIken Red 30 EL / 1 Nike 45 (cold morning BP) / 1 Centenarian 28 FL / 1 good ole' black TPS 29 10" EL

Mizuno Techfire 3 batting gloves/2-Rawlings 12.75 Trapeze/1 - Rawlings 14 Trapeze/Nakona 15/Tanel Lites/Adidas Cleats/Boombah Roller
Pete D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #69
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

hey yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by morat1959 View Post
This is also only 1 of 2 reviews I've read on this bat. The other review put this bat behind other senior bats in pop and distance.....new out of wrap and after several cuts.
i scoured the other Easton Senior thread on this board and cannot find anyone mentioning that they have hit with one … could you point out or link to the post/thread you are referring too please i for one would love to read about it….

thanks
SuperFonzie
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #70
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

hey yo pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
If "Elder" is the name of the bat I wouldn't get one just because of the name........
we have a couple guys here who are with Combat, i have swung the utrip Dirty and really liked it ...is the senior Dirty anything like it in feel and pop and durability…??? love to know about the Combat Senior Dirty … the Centennarian is not for me don't like the feel … but i did like the red/blk senior maxload Miken from couple years ago… what have you got on it ????

SuperFonzie
Old 11-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #71
obagain
Dr. bats are for wimps

Send a message via Yahoo to obagain
Quote:
does miken have bats with a warranty ???
did mike have issues she they first started ???
has miken proven that they are the best bat out there ???

question all you want and keep swinging your Miken ,,, i will on other other hand continue to test every bat i can get my hands on and see how they work for me,

Combats= no feel for me
Miken= lots of choices and seem to have a great following
Reebok= came out a year or so ago and have a good product to many
TPS & Easton …ONLY TIME WILL TELL but in my book no BAT is that good that people shouldn't try the next best thing and see if it works for them…
true TPS and Easton have been late to arrive to the game but they have had more time to refine their bats and like i said…

the highlighted phrase above seems silly to me as each and every person has a different idea what is the best … Miken is a great bat i have one, and obviously the best for you and thats great …some of us wanna try the newer bats and make up our now minds ...

ONLY TIME WILL TELL

SUPER

p.s. I'm the only person who has said that they MIGHT come with a 1 yr warranty no one else… thats on me !!! and i have a Miken Triad Blackout on the way so I'm not entirely biased … but definitely somewhat biased… come swing done and see for yourselves … might be getting a couple more for the Phoenix trip per my E guys… hope it comes thru so everybody can swing them in different weights
I have worked with miken, bass, Anderson, reebok and made my own sluggo so I do know a little about bats and marketing.
I currently swing a senior reebok because it fits my swing better than any other senior out right now.
I am in wait and see mode for Easton, if they have the best product it will do well but it will be a uphill battle because they thumbed their nose at senior players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-cTSc8zHs
obagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #72
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

hey yo Pete D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
here is a pic you can't see it unless you are looking for it…

it is officially called the BSR=Balanced Senior… that not so bad is it..???

Super
Old 11-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #73
morat1959
Addicted to Softballfans

Quote:
i scoured the other Easton Senior thread on this board and cannot find anyone mentioning that they have hit with one … could you point out or link to the post/thread you are referring too please i for one would love to read about it….

thanks
SuperFonzie
It was sent to me in a personal email from a frequent poster on the senior board. This is not the only board on the internet.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #74
superfonzie
MILE HI HEEL'Billy

would you care to share … i would be interested in hearing another review

Quote:
Originally Posted by morat1959 View Post
It was sent to me in a personal email from a frequent poster on the senior board. This is not the only board on the internet.
i would be interested in hearing another review ,,, would you be able to share at at all..???

please

Super
Old 11-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #75
morat1959
Addicted to Softballfans

He's a highly respected member of the senior softball community as a player and salesman of ALL senior bats. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board that was sent the email. He tests ALL senior bats and gives his buyers his honest reviews on the bats.

I'm not saying the Elder is a great bat or not. I'm just suggesting 1 or 2 reviews is not enough to buy a bat....at least not for me. I bought the next greatest bat for years after the release of the Ultra and learned my lesson...$$$$$. I hope easton has a winner with this bat. I'll buy after it's released and I've read SEVERAL reviews.