2013 USSSA Wanted has a PED?!?!

Discussion in 'Combat' started by ogWarlock78, Oct 3, 2017.

1. ogWarlock78

ogWarlock78 Addicted to Softballfans

Found a 2013 utrip wanted (WANSP1) in trashcan. I could find no cracks but it had a serious rattle - one big something flopping around in it.
    I figured it was the endload broken loose - Combat uses nuts and some times one single big washer for endload.
    I was surprised to find the rattle was a PED disc broken completely loose from the inner barrel.
    No mention in the advertisement description for this bat and nothing on the bat itself denoting it has a PED.
    I thought only ASA bats had a PED.
    Is this some sort of unicorn or did Combat not always advertise the presence of a PED??

2. Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson Coach

There are several USSSA bats with the disk in them.

3. CHE5TER

CHE5TER Addicted to Softballfans

I was asking if anyone had a list of combats that had them a while ago. Someone said they did but never ended up posting it.

4. robokill

robokill Manager

My portent USSSA has one, and it broke inside the barrel very quickly despite me not being a very powerful hitter.

5. ogWarlock78

ogWarlock78 Addicted to Softballfans

I'm really not understanding how this disc works. The OD of the disc is MUCH smaller than the ID of the barrel. If it is supposed to limit the amount the barrel can flex, I don't see the inner barrel ever touching the disc.