2017 Miken Freak Platinum Maxload ASA BP

Discussion in 'Miken' started by LSX Freak, Feb 24, 2017.

1. LSX Freak

LSX Freak Super Moderator

This thing is basically the DC41 with a touch less endload, so she's fire! Was pretty dang good right out of the wrapper and got better with every swing once we got into the Evil BP Rockets. Perfect ball for breaking one of these in without killing it. Miken has definitely outdone themselves on this ASA stuff. Should have some ASA Eastons and DeMarini's coming soon, so we can see how those will compare to this stuff!

Thanks to the SBF store for getting me another bat to check out for you guys. Be sure to hit up milocoman for some of the best pricing around on this thing and a lot more.

skew12, Jusrah99 and moty0901 like this.
  2. jhitman

jhitman Active Member

I got a Miken DC41 ASA Supermax coming first week of March. I can't wait to hit it side by side with the orange Resmondo and my USSSA white DC41. I hear it's fire with the 52's. I hope it's the real deal.

3. Dan411

Dan411 Star Player

You won't be disappointed! It will swing pretty similar to the two bats you've mentioned, but feel really different on contact. You'll certainly enjoy the performance too. The ASA DC felt a little stiffer than my Patriot, but gets going quick.

4. LSX Freak

52's? Dude it destroys anything in its path lol
    Pretty much what he said!

5. Sully

Sully Wanna buy jerseys/rings?

So do you prefer the Patriot or the ASA DC41 if you had to only pick one?

6. LSX Freak

DC. they both hit great, but I just liked the overall feel of the DC more.

7. MarlSrSoftball

MarlSrSoftball Gettin Ready to Retire.

Agree. I got my DC41 3 weeks ago and fell in love with it after first swing. Even with the extra .5oz end load it feels a lot better than my Freak 52. Has a nice comfortable feel to it even though end loaded.

My BP partner got the PT and I used both in BP and IMO the DC41 is a lot better.

8. Jusrah99

Jusrah99 Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

A lot better performance wise? Arent they essentially the same bat with a different endload?

9. MarlSrSoftball

I believe they are tuned differently

10. Jusrah99

Jusrah99 Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

What does that mean? Lol

11. LSX Freak

More el = better performance. Freak pt maxload still treated me very well.

12. jhitman

jhitman Active Member

They should be shipping mine today or tomorrow. We hit the 52 cor 300 comp Evil's for league. I hope you are right because it is going to be hard to put down my white DC41.

13. LSX Freak

Dunno how many swings your white DC has. If it's pissing fire then it might be hotter than the ASA DC to start but it won't take long at all to catch up.

14. jhitman

jhitman Active Member

It is pretty hot as it has 600-700 hits on it. I just took the wrapper off the DC41 Supermax yesterday. Hitting old 52's against a slight wind and I do see the extra trampoline affect. I hit a few liners that seemed to hit another gear once they were halfway out to the outfield. Right from the start the bat was performing. Now just trying to decide to hit the DC41 (white), orange Resmondo Legit 220 or the Supermax DC41 for league next month. I don't think I can go wrong with any of the three. Not sure the weight on the new bat. Ordered a 27 ounce but it feels heavier than the other 2 bats. My guess would be 27.7 or somewhere in that neighborhood. I wonder if anyone on here has weighed one?

15. Dan411

Dan411 Star Player

I have seen a few posts and videos on Youtube about the new Mikens coming in over sticker. I am not talking about anything dramatic though, .3-.7 ounces only. I don't think many of us would even be able to pick up on something that minor.

16. jhitman

jhitman Active Member

It is rather minor, but it did feel heavier than my DC41 (white) and Resmondo Legit. I like the load and the bat was performing right out of the wrapper. I guess time will tell whether it outperforms the 2 USSSA bats I have. Once this snow storm passes and melts, I want to hit them all side by side to see the differences. All three seem to be pretty even right now. Fortunately in our leagues we can use ASA or USSSA bats.

17. Dan411

Dan411 Star Player

Keep us posted. We can hit ASA or Utrip too in our league. 52/300 balls.

18. jhitman

jhitman Active Member

Hope to get out to hit by the weekend. The snow has melted but the fields are really muddy. Will try to hit all three in BP on Sunday. Although all of the bats claim to hit the 52's better than the next one, I don't see much difference with the 52 cor softballs because they are so low compression. You could tell big differences in bats with the higher compression softballs due to the trampoline effect.

Dan411 likes this.
  19. jhitman

jhitman Active Member

Dan, it looks like the weather gods are going to allow us to hit Sunday. My buddies and I have some new USSSA bats to break in so we will hit the good softballs for the first half of BP. Then we are going to hit the ASA Supermax and switch to the 52's. My buddy should have his today and I have about 30 swings on mine from the last BP. I will let you know about the performance of the bat. I have a mix of new 52's and some old ones so I'm curious if there will be any noticeable trampoline effect with either softball as Miken advertises. The white Miken DC41 and the orange Resmondo Legit 220 both hit the 52's really well but they are both USSSA bats.

20. fear35

fear35 Just the tip

I'm trying to decide between the Platinum ASA and the Worth XL EST ASA. The preferences I have is it's not a mid-load and endload is slight. Does one of these fit my preference then the other or is it 6 one way half a dozen the other? Appreciate the help, looking to try something different them my Demars.

21. warningtrack24

warningtrack24 Extra Hitter

Sounds like you're looking for the Platinum Maxload. The DC41 Supermax would be more endload than you are asking and the balanced PT would obviously not be lining up with what you are looking for.

22. fear35

fear35 Just the tip

Thanks!!!

23. Dan411

Dan411 Star Player

This is good advice^^^^. The Miken max loads are not really pronounced this year. Some of the lighter max loads I have swung compared to previous model years. Supermax DC is feeling like a true 1 oz end load. The Platinum ASA or Worth XL would fit your bill very well in my opinion. Basically the same bat, just pick your color preference.

24. fear35

fear35 Just the tip

Thank you for the advice.

25. Bob21

Bob21 New Member

Hi I'm trying to decide between the miken pt balanced or Maxload. I'm 6"1 190 I have power but with no fence I like to go more line drive and I can hit the ball all sides of field with traditional stance. Also do you or anyone have opinions of the 17 freak pt compared to the other new Asa 17 models like worth and Demarini - would appreciate any help

26. warningtrack24

warningtrack24 Extra Hitter

Balanced.

And I have not swung 17 demarini or worth.

27. DR32

DR32 Extra Hitter

Miken PT (balanced) and the Demarini OG Flipper are both similar in feel and performance. I like the PT slightly more because it has a larger sweetspot and has a bit of a flex to it. If you like a endload then I would navigate to the DC41, but you need to be used to swinging an endload.

28. airculpeper

airculpeper Addicted to Softballfans

Does anyone else have issues with major clicking inside this bat? It sounds like the whole tube is moving around in my bat and I have only played one league game with it. Any thoughts?

29. MarlSrSoftball

Had that with my DC41 after first BP session. Returned it and Miken fixed it (whatever they did) and it has been fine ever since.

30. chile

chile aquatic

Gonna have to disagree with you there. They feel completely different for me... Much crisper barrel on the flippers... Softer on the PT. Both have great performance...