2018 DeMarini Nautalai (USA)

Discussion in 'DeMarini' started by James Gregory, Mar 29, 2018.

1. kvander

kvander Addicted to Softballfans

My buddy pulled the wrapper of his on Friday and put about 50 to 100 hits on, mixed balls. His had the same thing, two fairly large paint chips

2. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

Another 50 swings and the crack is now a surface crack similar to the older flippers.

I’m going to call next week and see if they will note my RA and give me return

3. Bombdropper10

Bombdropper10 Addicted to Softballfans

Sorry man but imo with that swing there's no way those balls are close to 400'

4. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

And this is why it’s been a while since I posted a video

And it will be a while longer...

Bow Commander likes this.
  5. Bombdropper10

And why is that? U think I'm wrong? Or do u not see what I see?

6. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Well-Known Member

Just a nasty comment. Uncalled for.

You have no credibility left.

I’ll post a real video. I’ll swing a bat.

But not for you.

7. Bombdropper10

How do I not have any credibility left? Because I dont think your close to 400' hr comment was truthful with that particular swing in the video? An that wasnt a nasty comment just a reply to what i feel was an "uncredible" statement u made. Never said it was a bad swing or bashed the guy. Just stating I didnt think those balls were going close to 400'.

8. justwhippin

justwhippin Addicted to Softballfans

400.... come on man..... but hey it is sbf distance

bird25 likes this.
  9. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

Actually I never even watched the video. Guess I missed my :rolleyes: in my comment.

:p:p:D

10. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

So what's the skinny on this bat? Lights out but paint flakes and it's fragile?

bird25 likes this.
  11. jlee

jlee Active Member

Pretty spot on.

Some decent amount of flex, super soft barrel, paint durability is an issue, but hits very well.

bird25 likes this.
  12. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

I wish I wasn’t so vain. I like to keep my stuff clean. Demarini seems to be battling paint issues for the last 4 years.

So you’re saying it’s on par with the greatest from other manufacturers?

How’s the endload on it. You said the 28oz was heavy?

13. jlee

jlee Active Member

I mean, every bat this year is good... you name it and it is up to par with everyone else. Nothing requires break in, stuff are legitimately hot out of the wrapper (or 50 hacks give or take).
    In comparison I usually swing a 28 oz Blue Resmondo (well broken in) and I was getting about the same exact distance with the Nautalai.

I did say the 28 oz was heavy, but I'm beginning to think I was just exhausted from my gym workout. I picked it back up from using a friends and felt true to weight.

14. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

Feels barrel loaded to me but swings very similar to my 28 legit xxl

Distance with Evils is as good as the other top line bats for me

chile and DynamicD like this.
  15. LaserArm

LaserArm Addicted to Softballfans

Nautalai is the goods. 27oz swings smooth. A little deceptive feel in the hands. Definitely midloaded. Weight feels like it's in the connection. But when in your stance it almost feels endloaded. Then you pull the trigger it feels almost balanced but in a good way. As I'm not a fan of balanced bats typically. Smooth as butter in all honesty. There might be something to this midload craze. I have a Malice that I think is supposed to be midloaded as well. That is really handle loaded like that Jeff Hall Lite from a year or two ago.
    Nautalai barrel is soft but gives some feedback. Just enough to know how you hit it. The 2018 Juggy is soft but the feel is a little more muted. All in all I'm a HUGE fan of the Nautalai. I'll be picking up another one.
    50-60 swings and there is a 1/4" x 1/2" paint chip that flaked off the barrel.

DynamicD and bird25 like this.
  16. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

I want one of these but the asking price is about $40 more than everything else.

17. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

Bit the bullet and picked up one of these beauts. Best looking bat I've seen in a while. Looking forward to swinging it tomorrow.

18. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

This bat is the goods. I had two games last night, temps were in the 60's hitting NSA ICONS (44/400). I took the bat straight out of the wrapper and it was ready swing one. If there is any break in I seriously don't see it getting any hotter. If it does... Good night. I picked up a 26oz and it swings smooth. I sorta wish I went with a 27oz but I think it's just going to take me a bit to adjust my timing a hair. I was ahead on some of swings causing me to hit more towards the endcap. When you miss-hit, I noticed the flex in the handle (I personally like this). So far no paint issues. This bat is expensive, but right now I do not have any buyers remorse. I'll update as I get more swings on it.

#48 sscroggin, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    DynamicD likes this.
  19. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

Looks cracked to me. What do you guys think? Hit a ball off the endcap because I'm not any good and noticed this after setting it down. I'm pretty bummed, I really liked the bat. Has about 200 cuts on it. I was hitting some bp with an assortment of balls when it happened.

#49 sscroggin, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  20. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Well-Known Member

You’re looking at a composite seam. It’s going to grow for sure. You can definitely send it back.

Keep hitting it if you’d like? If the league allows, why not?

Use the warranty return later when the newer stuff comes out in a few months.

21. DynamicD

DynamicD Addicted to Softballfans

If you don’t hit it on that spot again, you’ll probably be able to put some more swings on it. Just keep an eye on the crack and if it keeps getting bigger you’ll probably need to get it returned.

22. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

Ya, I'm hoping I can make it last this season before sending it in.

ShortYellowBus likes this.
  23. Ken07

Ken07 SSUSA World Champs 09

My son and I have a 27oz Nautalai...first off we thought it took around a 100 swings to get really hot. Using mostly evil bps, we now have 300 swings on it and its excellent. Using all the DeMarini Bats, Bret is 35 at his peak and his longest balls are with the nautalai. over every other DeMarini bat. I am 64, off my peak but still with decent power and I hit this bat every bit as well as the senior Larry Carter. There is talk that this bat will be a new senior platform with a layer less of material..if so it will be incredible. The bat has no real Wow factor...no big crack, or whop. It feels soft to me, and like the old Demarini double wall, you feel the ball bury into the bat...its silent, and subtle, but the sweet spot is huge and when it goes, it just jumps. Again, the big sweetspot, and easy swing feel of that small handle, is the best part of the bat...every swing is a nice solid feel..and you dont get that big bang when you hit it, its more subtle, but the ball feels solid and sting free exiting the barrell. Game ready prolly at 125 for us and at 300 keeps improving.

24. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

So it's been a couple of weeks and nothing has changed on the crack towards the endcap. Bat is fire but man does it swing light.

DynamicD and bird25 like this.
  25. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Hype is real with this one. At about 30 cuts into it, hanging with my worked in gamer Legit Dedonatis 2018s.

Loving this bat, but sticking to hitting only 52cor with it to preserve it. It's the ball we game here in Canada anyways. (Rules are mostly if not exclusively Utrip new stamp and Worth Hot Dot 52/300 balls - Occasional 40/44 is seen in local NSA only, but others are all 52/300)

Love the feel of the soft yet responsive barrel and the comp Juggy like handle. The load is weird to me, feels loaded in the bottom of the barrel, but damn it flips nice. Not Balanced, but not end cap loaded either. Maybe more like the Hall Melons? Not sure.

This bat needs a home in their main line for 2019. Scrap one of the alloy handle 12-13" repeats that don't sell great in favour of this PLEASE!

I am probably at 30-50 hits on it right now - no paint flakes or anything to report but it has not been gamed yet or seen the usual in game rashes.

26. milocoman

milocoman Administrator
    Staff Member

Nautalai is very good, next years may be even better. Making a balanced and EL version.

chile likes this.
  27. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

I like this rumour...

I heard another about it being alloy handle though, please no!

What I legit love about this stick is the D-Fusion comp handle used in Juggy with this Nautalai 13" barrel. The combo cuts and hits 52/300 amazingly well. I don't want them to mess with the formula except to maybe keep it a wee bit more durable (assuming the reviews are true).

This stick has a feel and pop about it that really rivals my Legits, and feels somewhat similar to them. While having it's own unique feel and load.

I personally dislike the alloy handle bats, not for me. Hence why I was so curious on the Nautalai and pulled the trigger. Always was a Juggy/OG Cartel guy, but then they made a stretch of unrelevant newstamp Utrips and lost me. CL22 kept coming with alloys and I just never cared for it. Same with the TM this year, soft Combat like barrel but the handle feels terrible to me.

28. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Out of curiousity - What are returns like on Nautalai for everyone lately?

Have they put up stinks? Are you getting same bat in return?

I'm from Canada and have 2, one has a paint chip and top seam crack. Not really growing but it's visible. I've taken to hitting this one 3 side only to get it to last through to October. Then I wanna send back. Just hope to get a Nautalai or pre-order out of it. Nothing else in their line right now hits like this for me at all. Hate the TM albeit performs. Juggy is not this good but closer due to handle.

My minty super low hit one is locked away until mid june 2019 and a valid warranty for another while LOL

29. Bow Commander

Bow Commander Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I really like the D-fusion handled bats.

30. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Same, wish they worked with it a bit more.

Even last year, I initially didn't mind the DB44 because of last year's fusion handle. OVL same thing.

Wish they'd keep this frame going into next year but make the outer paint & shelll stand up a bit more.

Heard a rumour it would be back, but also a rumour alloy handle. DO NOT PLEASE!!! LOL

Hence why I have 2 and hoarding an OG for prime season normal temps 2019.

Bow Commander likes this.