2018 miken

Discussion in 'Miken' started by Z1k05, Sep 11, 2017.

1. chile

chile aquatic

i was actually wondering if the asa version is a bb xl repaint...

2. Donger73

Donger73 Addicted to Softballfans

Wouldn't surprise me, the Freak USA is the DC41 ASA...IMO

chile likes this.
  3. chile

chile aquatic

i would like to see what demarini is doing before i pick up another asa bat...but if the harvey is a bb repaint, i'll pick that up ;)

Jusrah99 likes this.
  4. WillW3

WillW3 Starting Player

No, Purcell has the XXL

5. Th0r989

Th0r989 Star Player

Harvey is probably taking over the Jeff Hall line.

6. chile

chile aquatic

i woulda figured they'd give CL his version of that line...

7. Th0r989

Th0r989 Star Player

My guess is CL will get the Fulk. Being that all the CL22s were 12 inch barrels

8. Donger73

Donger73 Addicted to Softballfans

Looks like they got rid of the rubber connection piece on this and the ASA DC41

9. Crusty

Crusty Addicted to Softballfans

My guess is CL won't get a sig bat. Too many other big names in the Conference swinging Worth/Miken. Well let me rephrase that because CL is a big name. He may get an exclusive like Reyna did for Worth, Clark did for Easton and some others have in the last couple years. But, as far as the mainline stuff I don't believe he is considered a flagship player for Worth to be on the main line.

#39 Crusty, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. WillW3

WillW3 Starting Player

This was exactly my opinion.

11. lukeamdman

lukeamdman Member

Hopefully the utrip DC is just a re-paint as well.

12. BigDawgz

BigDawgz Extra Hitter

Miken added Brandon Dillon to the signature line, he is taking over the Psycho line.

13. BigDawgz

BigDawgz Extra Hitter

I saw all the Player models,

Worth
    Andy Purcell: Long Barrel XXL endload
    Don Dedonatis: Long Barrel Balanced
    Ryan Harvey: Long Barrel XL endload
    Jason Branch: Short Barrel XL endload
    *Greg Connell is gone and i think with Easton

Miken
    Denny Crine: Long Barrel Supermax
    Kyle Pearson: Short Barrel Maxload
    Brandon Dillon: Long Barrel Maxload
    *Kevin Filby I think is no longer with Miken, don't know if he signed with anyone else.

uniballer likes this.
  14. chile

chile aquatic

Good to know... This is probably gonna be what I pick up then for asa and utrip...

15. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

I don't understand all the switching around. I know some of these guys were let go, but some have to just be switching.

I know cracked bats isn't an issue for Harvey, I'm just curious. You know it can't be a lot.

16. Dars

Dars Addicted to Softballfans

Harvey used to swing a Sonic, which has a massive EL. Weird his signature Worth bat is only a .5 oz EL.

17. Crusty

He is just filling a void with his name on the bat. I'm sure the one he will swing will be weighted differently than the retail model. I know I met Connell once at a tourney and he showed me his bats which were weighted like the Ressy if not even more endloaded. Yet they all had the Connell paint job which is that of a balanced bat.

uniballer likes this.
  18. WillW3

WillW3 Starting Player

Don't overthink it.

19. BigDawgz

BigDawgz Extra Hitter

It's exactly what was stated, his name is on the bat in order to sell. Dedonatis has always swung an endloaded bat as well and his new signature model this year was the balanced Connell bat. Also in 2015 BJ Fulk had a 1 piece signature bat he never even used, he swang the blue ressy legit that year. The following year in 2016 he got his own signature 12" legit 2 piece. But at the end of the day, no matter what is in their hands they crush the ball.

uniballer likes this.
  20. ser7643

ser7643 Every day I'm Shuffilin!

So you're saying Connell openly used an altered bat?

21. Crusty

No and your putting words in my mouth. What I stated was that his bats felt significantly endloaded. All the bats are the same whether they are balanced or endloaded and have been that way for a while. So Worth may have built some specifically to whatever spec he wanted which they still do for players. Same with Miken, Easton and pretty much every other manufacturer.

22. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

I just remembered Harvey was allegedly mad that he had to seeing the top z's instead of the sonic because he didn't like them and they didn't last. Those are way more durable than these Worths .

Custom loaded is altered fyi.

23. Dan411

Dan411 Star Player

Let's just agree not to start talking about player's models...

Donger73 likes this.
  24. WillW3

WillW3 Starting Player

For the love of God...

25. clementeunknown

clementeunknown Addicted to Softballfans

In that case all the repaints from SIS are altered. If it comes that way from the manufacturer and it still meets specs, it's just paint that's different. Demarini also has a custom bar program like Rawlings does with their gloves. Just saying

26. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

If they're selling repaints with custom loading without submitting them to the associations for approval, yes. If they're taking a bat that was only tested one way and loading it another it's altered. Back in the day that's exactly what players models were and what prompted so much of the altering in the first place.

27. Joker

Joker Well-Known Member

no, cause they are still be manufactured by miken/worth. its not like the store is getting bats and adding endload in the back of the store. custom paint on demarini bats, not weighting. gloves have nothing to do with this

Mr. G likes this.
  28. ser7643

ser7643 Every day I'm Shuffilin!

Wasn't trying to put words in you mouth, rather trying to get clarification. From my understanding from talking with USSSA officials while down at Worlds a couple years ago and also via emails, the players get the same models that you and I can buy off the shelf at any store. When a bat is issued the USSSA Stamp it must past testing based on a specific set of specs. If you add/remove weight or change the characteristics of the bat from the specs the bat was issued the stamp with, i.e. make a balanced bat endloaded, they your are altering a bat. Connell and most major players don't need to alter bats to smash, that we can all agree, but if his bat was built to a different spec than what Worth sells to the average player then it was either illegal or someone other than Worth altered the bat, making it unfit for sanction play.

The reasoning for this is that back in the day when there were players models (bats marked for players of sponsored teams, i.e. LS Catalyst with the "P" stamp etc...) they performed better than what you or I could buy from any store. Usually it was because the bat was made slightly different to enhance the performance. It was determined to be "false advertising" since the average player would never get the same performance from their bat as the sponsor player from their player model. This is why you don't see the newer lines of bats with special markings for sponsored teams.

29. pkc31887

pkc31887 Addicted to Softballfans

So if a ressy passes utrip certification, and the connell passes utrip certification, who is there to prevent worth from painting some connells like ressys for connell to swing? both bats pass certification requirements, no bat gets altered and connell get to promote his bat with a weighting that he prefers. And maybe they even put the model number of the ressy on Greg's personal bat. when bats are submitted for certification, they arent painted anyways so if both pass, why would utrip care what they look like paint wise even if you have an endloaded connell ?

Cubsuns and uniballer like this.