A little 12.25" redundacy this morning.

Discussion in 'Fielding Gloves Discussion' started by ANNASDAD, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:37 AM.

1. ANNASDAD

ANNASDAD The Veteran

Received my KB17 yesterday.......couple of pics of the 12.25" gloves I've acquired lately. The KB17 is definitely a little larger and deeper than the Pro1000 Spring training glove, but I swear the JTan Pro1000 is stiffer!? thumbnail (11).jpg thumbnail (13).jpg thumbnail (12).jpg thumbnail (6).jpg

Wally Gator and mpk like this.
  2. ANNASDAD

ANNASDAD The Veteran

Here's several more.... thumbnail (5).jpg thumbnail (15).jpg thumbnail.jpg thumbnail (19).jpg

Wally Gator, Rous, Dan240 and 2 others like this.
  3. sleepin4matty

sleepin4matty Management Material

wish you had a 12.25" small batch to compare those 3 gloves to

4. ANNASDAD

ANNASDAD The Veteran

Actually I do!

sleepin4matty likes this.
  5. Jchap

Jchap Active Member

I believe the Jtan could be stiffer than the KB. It seems that when Rawlings offers a run of Horween gloves, they push out whatever they have or can get for Horween. Might not be using they best part of the hide, etc. The Jtan is probably meticulously picked to include only the best parts of the hide.

6. ANNASDAD

ANNASDAD The Veteran

Could be? I just expected it to be a brick having a Horween liner, it's nowhere as stiff as my DM 12TC from the 2013/14 run was! It's a beautiful glove that smells awesome, the middle finger on the palm side is twisted pretty good but I feel it will flatten out in time. This one like the Timber NP7 to me feels more natural TIP, or maybe I'm just changing?

7. mpk

mpk Extra Hitter

I wonder how much variability you'd see in the leather of a batch of 99 gloves. Mine seems soooo stiff. Compared to the brand new c55 LS pro flare I just bought which I believe is circa 2012/2013, the KB17 is much stiffer. Those are the only two horween gloves I've owned though.

I HATE it when there's a twisted finger!

8. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Addicted to Softballfans

Nice setup. I’ve seen a a couple Jtan gloves that I didn’t even consider hoh quality. It’s a gamble for sure though. I’ve seen some custom jtan that was very stiff. My kB17 is not very stiff either, nor is my pl3. Small batch is on another level all together probably about the same or stiffer than your 12tc.

9. sleepin4matty

sleepin4matty Management Material

how did it miss the cut? c'mon man it's a beautiful 12.25" horween beast

10. NYC

NYC Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

I think people's perception of what a stiff glove is also varies, till this day the stiffest glove I've ever had was the DM pro12tcb in black rock hard horween. The leather was thicker than any HOH I ever had and drier. I've also had a tan glove from the 2012-13 DM batch and it was very soft, those gloves are regarded as being some of the best and stiffest Horween gloves post the move to The Philippines but mines wasn't.

11. ANNASDAD

ANNASDAD The Veteran

I honestly just never took an interest in one, had a list of Rawlings in mind and stuck to it. I remember taking an aptitude test at a job back in the mid-nineties, it said I was very direct (which I've worked on for years.......not really!) and very structured, basically a flat line!:rolleyes::D

My wife says when I get my mind dialed in on something I wear blinders! That's why when I first joined here I wore you guys out with questions, ask Rous, I'm sure he's hated me a time or two!

matty, I knew from day one the Small Batch would surely be a very legit glove, and if the right deal on a 12.25" comes along, I'll probably snatch one up! I'm still tinkering with a true custom for me, I think it was 2014 when Rous suggested for me to try a Pro504, that's when he restored my A2000 XLO, he said it may be the closest glove to match the XLO out there at that time, I've just never bought one. My research on finding someone to restore that glove is exactly why I'm here now!

The other night NYC pm'ed me about my new KB17 and the whole 504 model got brought up again, so maybe a custom Pro504 will be my next glove? Probably should have listened to Rous from the start!

12. NYC

If you were to get a 504 custom, which leather combo would you choose? Seems like you're looking for a very stiff glove, well there's a 12.5" Easton Small batch set to release this month, another option to consider if they aren't sold out yet.

13. ANNASDAD

ANNASDAD The Veteran

Probably the same Black & Tan combo that I posted here 20 times for the NP7:rolleyes:, I just like it! Go back and search for Wally's NP7 or Jethro's September Pro207, wait don't you have a B&T custom?

Something like this with a tan palm. download.png

Wally Gator likes this.
  14. NYC

Yeah I do, I have one in black dry and Jtan and an all black 302 in black horween that I sent you.