Anaconda Sports... bad internet transaction

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by chirotob, Jun 29, 2004.

1. chirotob

chirotob Active Member

I tried to buy a bat from anacondasports.com The internet transaction went most of the way through, then couldn't verify my info...which is strange b/c it charged my bank. However, it wanted to try to run the info 2 more times... I did so...and it charged my bank another 2 times. Not once, though, did the transaction actually go through and I never was able to purchase the item I want. I have more than enough money to cover the cost and all my info was correct, so there was no reason for not being able to verify my info. I contacted my bank and they said they needed a fax from anaconda on anaconda sports letterhead with all necessary info to release the funds from "held" status. I arranged that, and later that day, anaconda had said they would take care of it. I called the bank, no fax...I called anaconda..."we sent it". I called the bank again...the direct line to the person who would be recieving the fax...she was still there...would be till 5pm EST...and the fax # is her personal fax in her office. I called anaconda back... the rep checked with the manager...who said, "the place you gave us to fax to was closed so we're waiting till tomorrow to fax it." CLOSED??????? :mad: :mad: :mad: Friggin liars!!! I was on the phone with the woman not 5 minutes earlier!!! I would personally stay away from any and all internet transactions with anaconda...I cannot recommend them at all. I will willingly pay MSRP for a bat at Modells or Sports Authority before I use Anaconda ever again!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

-Chiro

#1 chirotob, Jun 29, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  2. cposiasca1

cposiasca1 is diggin country bootie

Call eric, at 800-327-0074 ext 108
    he will take care of you, I assure you.

I will also be able to help you w/ anything you need, gear wise.

3. chirotob

chirotob Active Member

tried to contact eric, no answer.. I will try again however. I spoke to the rep from yesterday telling her about my displeasure with them...the long and short of it... "gee...we're really sorry"...

FYI... any DECENT place of business would make an effort to not lose customers...or potential customers...especially after I specifically told them that I will make an effort to recommend AGAINST using them to anyone who asks about them. Had my bank not stepped up for me and reversed the charges from anaconda without any authorization from anaconda, I would have been up the creek w/o a paddle. My bank really helped me out, whereas anaconda stood by and watched the show. Had my bank not done what they did for me, I would have followed up with a complaint with Consumer Affairs...that's how bad this was.

I will still try and contact Eric as Chris recommended, but I can't see how it will make any difference or change my mind.

ANACONDA SPORTS = VERY BAD BUSINESS

-Chiro