Anyone still swing the ASA Catalyst?

Discussion in 'ASA' started by TWmccoy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

I've been pulling my ASA Catty out more and more often lately. Really liking the results. Good feel/weighting and it handles .52 300 balls well. I've owned the bat for over a decade and never swung it that much.

The ASA Catty seems to be a somewhat underrated option these days. Its surprisingly effective against the worst of balls.

2. bronx90210

bronx90210 Addicted to Softballfans

I used to its a old faithful of mine when i use to have it. Small sweet spot but when you square it up you can give it a ride.

3. BigWhiffa

BigWhiffa Underwear Researcher

the green and black one? ive got a buddy who still swings it and the thing sounds and hits like a racket ball racket. its not as good as new bats made for the 52's but i'd wager its pretty close. i'd say it has at least 10,000 swings on it. i put about 2000 on one and it was still stiff as a board. this was like 8 years ago. i gave up on mine.

4. Jusrah99

Jusrah99 Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

I have 2 28’s lol...hit my first HR with that bat

5. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

I will agree the ASA Catty isn't as hot as some of the newer ASA stuff, but for whatever reason mine has been working well lately in league on mush balls in the heat. Its just one of those bats I have a "feel" for. I won't even call it the hottest ASA bat I own. However, I tend to square the ball up well with it. And yes, this is the OG ASA Catty.

Very, very durable too. I used to use the USSSA Catty back when it was still legal.

6. erdy147

erdy147 Addicted to Softballfans

The SHREK bat! still have one. Durable more like indestructible!

7. BigWhiffa

BigWhiffa Underwear Researcher

i mean like i said, its not far off performance wise. like i would say i probably wouldn't even notice. his has almost no graphics except for the asa stamp that he started preserving. i'd like to see it compression tested. i'd say its as broken in as it should/could be. he's used it for almost 12 years i think. about 6 years ago we hit like buuuuckets of launch 650's with it because it still wasn't broken in. last 2 years he's swung flipperam more and only pulls the catty out when up or down big.