ASA Miken Options

Discussion in 'Miken' started by discusjensen, Apr 14, 2018.

1. discusjensen

discusjensen Addicted to Softballfans

Coming out of retirement and looking for a little assistance. Was a USSSA Recoil Maxload guy for a number of years before pretty much giving up the game. Found 2015 and 2016 Psycho's Maxloads out there; are these okay with today's balls? I'm playing ASA in North Dakota. Wasn't a fan of multi-piece bats in the past.

2. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Active Member

2015 and 2016 Psycho 1 piece bats were disappointing to me. I just recently saw @LSX Freak - BP Hero - say the same thing I felt. Enough said.

I also am a 1 piece bat person, but the Freak Black and the DC41 from the same years were tremendously better. The 2017 & 2018 ASA Miken offerings are simply hard to beat.

All new bats are fantastic and I suggest finding the bat that best suits your swing. There’s plenty of bats out there with .5oz endload like your Maxload Psycho, so the options available to you are endlesss.

LSX Freak likes this.
  3. discusjensen

discusjensen Addicted to Softballfans

Thanks, ShortYellowBus. Was looking to save a little money for the first bat coming back but may just need to get something a little newer.

4. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Active Member

I also agree that you should save your money and swing what you have! If you’re still interested in upgrading later, at least you’ll know you’ve made the right choice.

It’s softball. Have fun!

5. Jusrah99

Jusrah99 Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

If you like a 1 pc bat...i hear the Anarchy makes a good bat...

Otherwise, get a DC41 or Freak 20th Edition. You won’t be disappointed...

6. chile

chile all 3 forms of retardation

true story. awakening is gtg. not sure what is going on with the 18 line, tho...it may be another LC circle jerk :/