backing out on deals

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by dan_905, Apr 20, 2004.

1. dan_905

dan_905 Addicted to Softballfans

There are a few guys on here *no names yet* that ALWAYS back out on deals. Or the send PM's saying they want it offer cash or bats and then change their minds. The SAME guys always try and sell bats for other companites and yet dont have enough cash to buy their own bats?

Does this piss everyone else off too? Has everyone had the same experience?

:mad:

2. JUSTME25

JUSTME25 <font color="#EE0000">Bat'ho once again</font>

Dan, I think I have gotten lucky in not dealing with shady characters but I always check everyone out. When I first started this buying addiction, I checked everyone and anyone and I have never gotten burned (knock on wood).

It would do the rest of us a service if you "outed" the guilty. Just make sure reasonable attempts have been made to have the deal go through but I like to know who the good and bad guys/gals are.

Brenda

3. jlnorsworthy

jlnorsworthy <font color="#000368">Wookie</font>

Do we get a prize for guessing who it is?

4. dan_905

dan_905 Addicted to Softballfans

names

If you dont know who they are, shoot me a PM for their names.

I have done deals with bigpap, shooter26, orangecrusher and bataddict. They all went REALLY well and I didnt have ANY problems at all. I would definatly recommend dealing with them.

I have also had a deal set up with madsunz, didnt work out *not because of him* but he was very very reasonable and I hope that I can do a deal with him in the near future.

5. OrangeCrusher

OrangeCrusher Addicted to Softballfans

I had someone act really interested in a bat and email me and say the money order was on its way. I emailed him and no reply, 5 times. I hate that, you feel like you've made a sale and they just di*k you around.

6. RickRagan

RickRagan New Member

i know what you mean; i had a deal with a guy on here last week; he responded to one of my posts and offered his bat for mine, well, i responded to his offer about 30 minutes later via email and told him ok i would do the trade...well, he didnt respond to me for the rest of the day and the next day, he put on his original post that his bat was sold; i'm sure he just got a better offer, but i thought it was wrong of him to 1. not go through with the deal he had made, and 2. still hasnt responded to my follow-up emails...i mean, we all want to get as much as we can out of our stuff, but i've made deals and later on had better offers, but i do what i originally say i'm going to do regardless

7. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

Don't forget about the fact that you are left holding merchandise you are trying to get rid of while you try and contact the guy.

I've only had one iffy deal and there were circumstances that I understand so I don't feel bad.