Be careful when dealing with cubbyg....

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by sh29, Nov 5, 2004.

1. sh29

sh29 Active Member

Read this post....

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=29496

What I got from cubbyg was a NIW, returnable 26 oz. Crush (we got that part right)....the problem is, the RT came without a wrapper on it and ballmarks on the barrel.

When I e-mailed him about it (asking if the bat was in fact NIW when he shipped it), I got this for a response...

"Shane are you a lawyer? I honestly never used the bat and it was in mint condition when it left here. So if the bat has been used it’s a miracle or an act of God. In all seriousness though, if you feel the bat has been used I’ll replace it."

What I am asking of you guys is your opinion? Personally, I'd like to know when people aren't sending what they are advertising....and that is the case here.

He said he'd replace it, but I haven't heard BOO from him since this e-mail over a week ago.

It maybe isn't that big of a deal, but when a guy advertises NIW....is it OK now to just send a bat in good condition?? If that's the case, who wants to give me the $150 he was asking in the original post for a "NIW" RT??

2. gitsum

gitsum Addicted to Softballfans

NIW is NIW. It only takes one ball to screw up a bat. For your sake the bat is in good condition but it isn't NIW. You paid money for NIW, so it should be new.

It's like buying a new car. If it's been used as a test drive car, its shouldn't be considered a new car.

3. nafets

nafets Guest

If you feel the item you received is not as advertised, then you are fully within your rights to demand a refund....plain and simple.

NIW is what it means; new in wrapper. As soon as that plastic is gone, it's a used bat.

Good luck on the negotiations...

4. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

I agree and disagree...

A bat is NEW when it is NEW IN THE WRAPPER. A bat can be NEW and not in the wrapper. However, as soon as a ball touches it, YOU LOSE $25 of its value.. PERIOD.. That is if it STILL looks NEW... the value drops accordingly based on condition. If it is NEW out of WRAPPER, It is worth WHAT YOU CAN GET FOR IT. I just bought a NEW out of WRAPPER FREAK. I saved a lot of money, but, it WAS NEW and hadn't seen a ball. You could barely tell it had been in a bag.. So, IF he said NIW, I WOULD TELL HIM EAT it or GET $25 back. JUST MY OPINION. Every situation is different... I have had good luck using this phylosophy. Remember, each bat has a threshold it won't GO over for resale.

LET US know how it works out. Everyone here will have YOUR BACK... I assure you..

Bert

5. Griffey15

Griffey15 New Member

Cubby needs to own up to this one! It came without the wrapper on it and I highly doubt the shipping service guys pulled the bat out, took off the wrapper and went out back of the warehouse and hit some balls.......THEN re-packaged everything and shipped it to you Shane! :eek:

I would tell him you are a lawyer.........lol! If you expected a NIW then it should be as such, take pics and show him then ask for $25 to make the deal square. You deserve something here..........

6. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

Griffey

Not everyone can trade bats in person like you and SHANE... I am still so happy that he handed you exactly what he said he would. And you did the same... :D

Great dealing you 2.... :p

Ask him for some $$$ or send him the darn thing back (AFTER PAYMENT of COURSE)

7. sh29

sh29 Active Member

My sister-in-law actually works for a highly prominent lawyer, and I'll be seeing her tomorrow!!!

I will take pictures, and post them tonight...when I get home.

The receipt was taped right on the barrel, where there was no plastic on the bat.....so he should know there was no wrap on it.

I asked him the same scenario about the UPS guy/gal....

8. sh29

sh29 Active Member

As promised, here is a pic of the NIW bat.....

[​IMG]

9. obagain

obagain Dr. bats are for wimps

It is the principal of the thing. If you let him get away with this he will do it again to one of your softball brothers. The bat looks pretty good but it is not what was advertised and that's what matters.

10. sh29

sh29 Active Member

Exactly, the point is he said NIW - which is not what I got.

11. Sharky

Sharky The Walking Injury

---

I got a bat that I was told had exactly 4 hits on it in one game. It showed up yesterday and looked like it had 400 hits on it in 5 seasons. The endcap was cracking, it was shaped like a triangle, and the finish was coming off all over the place. It also had rock chips and crap on it.

People are full of crap and I'm personally tired of it. That is two bats in a row that have come like this, and they were guys who frequent this board.

It is ridiculous. I get the feeling that some of these total jackasses put a bat up and hope somebody gullible will buy it and just say whatever. When the person calls them on it they actually refund the cost of the bat because they know they are busted. The problem is that I end up having to pay $10 to ship the stupid thing back to them because THEY tried to rip me off. That's BS, and you guys that are doing this stuff know who you are and you make me sick.

12. Will 14

Will 14 Addicted to Softballfans

You should call them out in the sales feedback area to warn the other members of the board

13. madog69

madog69 New Member

post there names we dont need idiots like that in here. :mad:

14. goodtimez

goodtimez Addicted to Softballfans

Yeah, post the names! Help everyone out!

15. Sonic625

Sonic625 The Admin
    Staff Member

Most of the people who say they have 4, 10, 15, 20, etc hits on them probably are being deceptive and meaning by them when they have well over that when they recieve them.

16. deafie

deafie again say what?

Ok, I will have you to go out and buy an $20 Easton Hammer.. then take 1 hit on that darn thing... I'll buy the bat and $5 for nothing.

17. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

Sharky

I would throw the name out Bro.. I try to be as honest as possible. When I sell a bat, I know about how many cuts it has.. Somtimes it can be deceiving, but FRICKEN 4-400??? That is FLAT OUT LYING.... I hope you throw them to the wolves bro...
    Anything I can ever do to help, let me know.

Bert

18. Sharky

---

I would throw the name out, but when they have had good deals on here then I just end up getting attacked by their little clique. It's happened before and it will happen again. There are some real dirtbags on these boards.

I actually have an ACL that has 3 hits on it, and they were all off of a tee. I guess I figured that he was also being honest about it. Unfortunately he wasn't as can be evidenced by this endcap picture. Compare his bat and my bat and tell me if you notice anything about their conditions. One has 3 hits (the ACL) and his Crush supposedly has 4 hits. What do you all think? I realize the Crush doesn't look ruined or anything, but there is no way that is only 4 hits. It was also shaped like a triangle.

http://home.comcast.net/~j.mohlman/DSCN1225.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~j.mohlman/DSCN1236.JPG

Here are some pictures of a bat that was described as a "mint Synergy Plus" by a board member here that seems to have lots of pals. Notice the vice marks on the bat in the first picture? Yeah buddy, this baby is PRISTINE!

http://home.comcast.net/~j.mohlman/DSCN0864.JPG
    http://home.comcast.net/~j.mohlman/DSCN0865.JPG

#18 Sharky, Nov 6, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  19. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

Sharky...

I don't know WHAT CLOWNS you are dealing with BRO. THOSE bats LOOK LIKE SH*T... That Crush has 100 hits IF it has 1... 4 HITS and Scrsatches like that?? My son likes to play croquet with my Crush and it has 400 hits on it and it doesn't look ANYTHING like that one...

That SYNERGY + LOOKS like GARBAGE...

Just my opinion. If ANYONE SENDS me SH*T like that with a "DIFFERENT" description, expect a call or a visit... I don't F around when it comes to my MONEY..... Also, if you send me something that is GARBAGE and then your "BUDDIES" try and talk crap, I will meet you in the SALES FORUM and OWN YOU!...

Whoever sent this to you needs to STEP up or go find another board to deal with. they can take their "BUDDIES" with them. Also, if I did a deal with this person already, they must have come through on it. Because, I have only had to send 1 bat BACk. I ate one that was SOLD AS "RETURNABLE" but wasn't... That A$$ will never get MY BATS or MY $ again... if you need any HELP, there are plenty of us that will help out Bro...

Just buy your stuff from me... :D

20. TWmccoy

TWmccoy <font color="#FF0000">3DX Connoisseur</font>

bat conditions

I agree with all of these posts. A used RT isn't worth $150, and if I had been deceived like this, I would probably send the bat back, or demand some of my money back. The response to the inquiry in this matter was snotty and immature too. I have personally bought or traded for about 6 bats on this board and never had issues with anybody. I know when I sell bats, I don't estimate how many hits it has, but go off of condition ie dents, waves, clearcoat peeling, cracks etc. One things for sure, anyone who gives me a reply like the one cubbyg offered is going too have a hard time selling bats here after I slander them. The few people here who have bats I sold/traded them know that my descriptions are on the money. BTW sharky, If someone does you bad like that, LET US KNOW! We don't want to be the next idiot to get a "mint" bat that looks like a whole team used it.

#20 TWmccoy, Nov 6, 2004
  21. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Sharky, I'd be very upset with the person if I had received a bat that looked like that which was described as "mint" or "4 hits." But you know who I'd be even more pissed at? You. For the simple fact that because you didn't want to go through what might be a hassle, you could've saved people from dealing with the same imbecile. I don't care if the person has 9,000 posts, moderates on this board, does United Way Charity commercials, and volunteers at the local Animal shelter as a dog toe nail clipping engineer, this person NEEDS to be brought out. Help us out please, we will all appreciate and benefit from it, including yourself. Not to mention, it is the right thing to do. Thanks Sharky.

#21 NorCal, Nov 6, 2004
  22. juggernaut33

juggernaut33 defn: Unstoppable Force!!

I think everyone is right!!! You have to drop this name all over this board so we can all beware of this guy!!! I once bought a used ultra 2 from a guy on e-bay and when I received it, it was cracked!!!! see the attached pic and see for yourself

[​IMG]

lucky there's a feedback system on ebay. This guy was 100% positive feedback before I dealt with him and now he's not. Just goes to show you that even with positive feedback, you need to be careful if the don't have many feedbacks!!!

Anyhow, you should get your refund or new bat, and then burn his name on the board!!!!

23. phatmanswingin

phatmanswingin Phat Member

Preach on brother!
    I bought a used 3dx (surprise, surprise :D ) from Terry and it was just as he described it. Well, almost as he described it. It was actually in better condition than I thought it would be.
    I think you should tell us his name sharky.

24. Sharky

---

Hey NorCal, I am waiting for my refund to go through. I think you probably understand where I'm coming from.

As for the Synergy, that was a board member named Dawalkr. He deals bats right here right now. He can feel free to explain it if he wants, but I got my refund and that was the ONLY good thing about that whole deal. He said he didn't care if I came to the board, and that it was all a result of his computer having to be formatted. I am still trying to figure out what that means. I didn't say anything sooner because I haven't seen anybody ask for references on him, and he seemed to be laying low. I figured he knew somebody was wise to his scams and decided to stop dealing bats. When I searched for his name I noticed that he is back on this board selling stuff, and it is juiced. He said in his post that he works on ALL of his own bats. The Synergy was his own bat, yet a month ago he told me that he didn't know anything about messing with bats and would never do such a thing, and he can't understand what happened with that bat, because it looked just perfect to him.

The fact is that he sold me a screwed up bat. He then claimed he didn't know anything about the damage. Perhaps he plays in a blind softball league, because even my wife who knows nothing about softball asked what the heck was up with that bat. There is more to this story about what a sorry piece of crap this guy is, but I am not even going to bother. I've already wasted five minutes of my life typing this post and talking about the guy.

As for the Crush, I have to leave that one alone for a while.

25. Sharky

---

Oh, and here is another excellent picture of the Crush. I did not do one thing to this bat. All I did was take it out of the box, say WTF? I then e-mailed the guy and took literally 75 pictures of it at all different angles to use if I had to file a complaint with the authorities.

Here is a picture of the handle. I did not remove any grip or anything to expose that. That is how the 4 hit bat came to me.

http://home.comcast.net/~j.mohlman/DSCN1194.JPG

Can anybody even explain to me what is going on there? It looks to me like somebody tried to take the finish off of the handle for who knows what reason.

26. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Thank you Sharky. I think I can speak for all of us by saying, it is GREATLY appreciated.

27. goodtimez

goodtimez Addicted to Softballfans

Can't possibly be 4 swings! For one thing, it looks like there is already that slight seperation between the barrel and the cap. This happens when the bat is broken in and I don't think 4 swings will do it!

28. mjsoftball2002

mjsoftball2002 Addicted to Softballfans

thats just from taking the original grip off of the bat ...all my crushes did that

29. Sharky

---

Even so, there are what appears to be knife marks and a spot where somebody hit it with a hammer on there because there is some cracking like you would see when a rock hits a windshield. The pictures didn't turn out as great as I had hoped.

30. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

Someone

tried taking the coating off the andle to make it flex more... What a JACK ROD... They better send you your money back.. I am SO SICK of people doing this crap...