Best Bat ASA .52 300

Discussion in 'ASA' started by coachmica, Sep 13, 2018.

1. coachmica

coachmica New Member

Looking for some input on what you guys think is the best ASA bat for .52 300

2. Bow Commander

Bow Commander Well-Known Member

You may get roasted for asking the question.
    Any newer ASA bat from the major manufactures will hit 52’s well. It more so depends on your swing and mechanics. Read through the forums, lots of info and opinions already posted.

dunkky and coachmica like this.
  3. coachmica

coachmica New Member

just like getting other opinions... we have 2 freaks and 2 flippers that we use right now but looking for another one to add

4. Joker

Joker Well-Known Member

all of them

dunkky likes this.
  5. Normy

Normy Well-Known Member

Combat

arther itis likes this.
  6. Bow Commander

Those are great sticks for 52's you already have. With Miken and Demar covered. Try an Easton Ghost? Don't listen to Normy and try Combat if you like hitting it beyond the infield lol.

coachmica and Normy like this.
  7. coachmica

coachmica New Member

looks like i can get a 18 ghost for $160 with ebay coupons so maybe ill get that a shot

8. Bow Commander

That's a killer price! Keep your receipt handy, and don't hit anything harder than 52's with it. I've played two teams that were using Ghosts, and they were launching the ball (good hitters in general). Both bats were heavily webbed up.

#8 Bow Commander, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    saintrules likes this.
  9. saintrules

saintrules Active Member

I'd be cautious about the Ghost, or at least, as Bow Commander said, keep that receipt.

I've seen good things from the Ghost, but also seen bad things. A couple of my teammates cracked early on with using strictly 52's. I used one for a couple live AB's and snagged a couple line drives, but I have seen multiple guys put balls way out with it, as well.

I'd also suggest a 26 Harvey. Mine cracked, but, it felt extremely balanced at that weight and most definitely was a rocket launcher.

10. coachmica

coachmica New Member

what about the 18 worth est comp xl asa that you use?

11. dunkky

dunkky Well-Known Member

after said and done, ^ is what comes down to.

12. saintrules

saintrules Active Member

Five stars. The stick is absolutely fire when it opens up (takes about 300 or so hacks to loosen). It's flexier than a lot of bats out there, but not to the point where it feels odd ( Juggy territory).

I have a 27 oz and i'll be the first to say, it's not a feather. The 1/2 oz EL isn't a big time sledge hammer, but you don't get the same whip with this bat as you would with the balanced models.

coachmica likes this.
  13. Normy

Normy Well-Known Member

Same ranking with the 17 XL. I have a 28 oz that has about 300 cuts and is opening up nice. Swings like butter through the zone.

coachmica likes this.
  14. Theseaduck

Theseaduck The Veteran

are all the worth asa bats floating inner barrel or discs?

15. jkwoody22

jkwoody22 League ball huer

Most should be floating inner barrel I believe only z’s and combats had discs

Attached Files:

Normy likes this.
  16. Normy

Normy Well-Known Member

Discs blow...

17. mvfjet

mvfjet Part Time Player

I got the ASA short barrel Miken Freak balanced 20th anniversary in 26oz and I love it. Straight out the wrapper I had 2 seed singles and a frozen rope triple off the fence (300 foot field). The sound with .52's is ridiculous too.

18. saintrules

saintrules Active Member

Freak 20th & Legit XL are my two favorite from '18...they're basically identical bats, just different colors. Besides the border battle, I haven't seen them announce a stick for '19 that is the same design, hoping they don't just put out the Harvey/DC-41 and call it a day

19. mvfjet

mvfjet Part Time Player

I also bought the Utrip 20th anniversary short barrel balanced in 26oz (both from SBF store). I'm lucky enough to play 2 nights of ASA and 2 nights of Utrip a week.

Once you go short barrel it's hard to go back. My Utrip bat actually has a decent rattle so I'll hold onto it to see if a 2019 version is announced or I'll just get a 2019 KP23.

I think both of the balanced short barrel's I have were mid summer releases.

dunkky likes this.
  20. dunkky

dunkky Well-Known Member

yeah, i am beginning to feel the same way. i love my xxl to death, but when i swung easton bb 12" and omega 12", man these shorter barrel feels nice once connected right.

21. Bman911

Bman911 New Member

Ive got the ASA 18 Freak Maxload and it’s incredible!

Batgurl likes this.
  22. saintrules

saintrules Active Member

Trying to think of the advantages of a shorter barrel...

More whip from a sledgier feel? Is the SS more powerful since there's less room for it? Common sense would tell me a longer barrel would be more advantageous due to the chances of a ball on the handle or end still making SS contact.

I'm not going to act like a softball bat techy, someone help a brother out.

23. dunkky

dunkky Well-Known Member

by no means i am an expert, but i share my experience. "More whip from a sledgier feel?" that's my answer. And feels like more aero-dynamic. but what do i know.

24. mvfjet

mvfjet Part Time Player

I've literally swung my buddy's 14" Miken balanced and my 12" Miken balanced back to back and no matter how hard I tried I always hit further with the short barrel. Actually in 3 years of swinging a long barrel bat I had maybe 10 shots to the track/fence for hits. This year I have only swung short barrel bats and I easily had 30 track/fence shots for hits plus my only HR in 4 years.

I gotta say I just feel like i'm getting more bat speed the way the bat head whips through the zone. I read on this forum someone said after swinging a short barrel bat a long barrel feels like swinging a boat oar.

As for SS? The size of it feels about the same to me. Maybe 1" difference? I'm not going over think it and just keep going with what works.

jkwoody22 likes this.
  25. MPT23

MPT23 Putting on the foil

Im more of a 12" barrel with el kinda guy, but my 15 og aftermath is just plain nasty. Not that many swings either.

26. Rgates8

Rgates8 Member

It’s all about what fits your swing and what just feels right in your hands when you hold on to it. I love my flippers as well and have always done better with a more balanced bat, but last season I put down the flippers and picked up a silver balanced omega. I hit more home runs in the last ten games of the season than I had in the two previous seasons. Like I was 20 again. I feel like I am dragging an end loaded bat through the zone a bit, but I can swing them when I stick with that bat for a while.A balanced bat just seems to get to the ball more naturally for my swing type. Blue 14 flipper and omega= my favs

mvfjet likes this.
  27. Rgates8

Rgates8 Member

Sorry, I think the blue flipper is actually the 16 model. I’m still a little giddy about the new 14 flipper I just picked up recently and can’t wait to start punishing some 44’s with. Must have been daydreaming about it when I was writing that post.

RAM4 likes this.