Canada

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by consistencyplz, Oct 19, 2004.

1. consistencyplz

consistencyplz Creative Genius

Your customs suck, and you ruin softball business on this board.

2. arkangel140

arkangel140 Member

There are other ways you know

Where is this coming from stewie??? Customs suck ... thats a fact, but there are ways around this. When you ship to Canada, item should be listed as gift and declared value of 60 bux and less....or indicate that the items are samples. Never ship UPS, FEDEX ...Use only USPS. I can offer a go between service. For 10 bux, I can have the bat shipped to my PO box and I can then have it shipped in canada...at buyers dollar.... No one has to pay 40 or 50 bux brokerage when you do things the right way...research my friends...

Arky

3. Icatchn

Icatchn CustomUserTitle Goes Here

UPS and fed ex suck for duty charges but will get the bat to you faster then USPS

4. t_dog_lxi

t_dog_lxi Addicted to Softballfans

Can't say that I have had any problems with USPS, but I agree it's faster UPs/fed ex, but more costly.

Also, it's winter in canada, so we have all the time in the world to wait for USPS to come to us. :D

5. consistencyplz

Sorry for taking offense to your comment. But I did research, sent it USPS, as a gift, described it perfectly, did everything the right way. Im out 19 bucks because your customs can't tie their shoes and chew gum at the same time.

6. arkangel140

arkangel140 Member

Well, ....

Sorry then Stewie...I have no clue ... must have been the declared value...I never had problems like this... I wish I could get your 20 bux back , but freakin gov't here is tax hungry!!! BasTXXds...

Arky

7. phatmanswingin

phatmanswingin Phat Member

Right on consistencyplz! I am never, I repeat never shipping a bat the Canada again. To make a deal right and save my rep, I just refunded $100 to a buyer who didn't get his bat. I am now out the shipping cost and the bat! :mad:

8. obagain

obagain Dr. bats are for wimps

If you ship " used golf clubs" there is no duty, thank you nafta. UPS usually takes 6-8 business days.

9. bb666b77

bb666b77 ODB

i've used usps to ship to wagsbegone (bc)and it took about 10 days(his took 6 days to me,purolater).declared $50 and he had no problem getting it.would do it again in the future. sorry to hear about your problems.

10. gibson_x

gibson_x Addicted to Softballfans

$19 for what?

11. consistencyplz

shipping... usps global priority express

12. gibson_x

You mad cause you had to pay shipping? On what, a bat you sent out? Whats the deal?

#12 gibson_x, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  13. Qball

Qball Addicted to Softballfans

Customs Strike

Don't know how much of an impact it makes, but there is a strike going on with many of our federal employees, and such I believe that customs is one of those areas affected! hope this info helps some!

14. Fang

Fang Addicted to Softballfans

consistencyplz got screwed by customs on a deal in which we had. He did all the right things, filled out the right forms, sent the bat USPS Global Express and still and got screwed out of $19 for his shipping because of customs stating the bat was not properly described. From what I remember, he labelled the description with "Mizuno Techfire Softball Bat 26oz."

I really don't know what customs is up to? I feel bad for consistencyplz.

He is a good guy and sent back every penny I sent him originally. Let's hope this temporary strike is "really" the reason for this crap because this is the first of many deals I've had end like this.

15. gibson_x

So he sent the bat and customs sent him a bill later? No wonder he's pissed.

16. Fang

Fang Addicted to Softballfans

What I mean is that he never got a refund from USPS for the money he paid to ship the bat to me after Canadian customs returned it to him.

17. gibson_x

K get it now. Didn't realize they returned the bat to him. And I guess he labelled the bat perfectly? Somebody must have been having a bad day. I'll bet if he would have sent it back the same day with the same description everything would be a ok. That's not right

18. MBplayer

MBplayer Canadian Bat *****

Shipping

I have done all of my deals through border to the US and have had no problems. There has only been one deal i have done with a fellow canadian to this point the rest have been with you guys from the US. i have never had a problem with any of the bats shipped to me or the bats i have shipped. you have to remember that the bat needs to be marked as either "gift", "warranty return", or "sample otherwise customs get picky. Just my thoughts.
    MBplayer :cool: