Closest Worth to the 17 ASA Liberty Bal

Discussion in 'Worth' started by UtiliD, Mar 24, 2018.

1. UtiliD

UtiliD New Member

Have known I wanted a 17 Liberty Balanced 26oz for 6 months just now getting around to shopping for 1. Wanted to go new w/ warranty now would settle for niw w/o warranty or under 100 cuts (real 100 cuts not the "100 cuts" you look at and laugh). Was it a LE bat because pricing is nuts considering its last year's model. My real question is(fingers crossed) what other Worth is it a repaint of or vice versa or what would be the model closest to being the same bat?

2. Jusrah99

Jusrah99 Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

Get a balanced EST, same bat

UtiliD and msw4indy like this.
  3. Pretty

Pretty Softball is cool

And thread is done.

Zpete1 and Jusrah99 like this.
  4. UtiliD

UtiliD New Member

Even with both considered balanced the weighting seems different(the liberty more balanced). I've swung both, 26oz with over 300 cuts on each & the Liberty just seems like the ball comes off the bat a lot faster. Is the liberty just a repaint and it's in my head or could there be difference between the 2? If the EST is the closest what would you say is 2nd closest? Is there any exclusives out there that are close?

5. Jusrah99

IMO thats going to be the difference in the individual bat and the way they feel, but they’ll ultimately get to the point where they will perform similar unless in the rare case you get a dud.

I’ve swung the mainline and the Patriot and Border Battle versions...and its too close to tell a difference after swinging them side by side...put 25-50 more swings on the EST and it’ll be a solid gamer.

Unless you want to spend extra cash for paint, i would suggest sticking to the mainline models, or find a patriot thats cheap.

6. bmoses121

bmoses121 Extra Hitter

Miken Freak PT is the same bat. 26oz Liberty, both bats in photo are available, if interested PM me. Legitimate hundred hits, more field wear than anything.

Attached Files:

#6 bmoses121, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Jusrah99 likes this.
  7. Jusrah99

I agree...anything from Miken will be similar as well...

bmoses121 likes this.
  8. bmoses121

bmoses121 Extra Hitter

For some reason a majority of buyers place a higher value on used Miken bats versus their Worth counterpart. To me it appears that Miken still carries more weight in the industry.

9. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Active Member

I have the 17 & 18 DC41 that absolutely smashes everything.

The purple xxl is described as the same bat? Perhaps, but it’s different in feel, sound and it webs up if you hit it too hard with the 44’s. I sold it for $150.

I won’t sell the DC41’s.

I’d sell every EST, but I would need a generous offer to move a Platinum Freak.

The 2015 & 2016 Freak Blacks I would never sell at any price.

10. Party mafia

Party mafia Active Member

the 2015 freak black is the black and yellow one right? How is the 2015 freak black asa (red and black version) compares to the utrip version?

Thanks

11. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Active Member

I love the Freak Black ASA but the all black with yellow is slightly better. Both are non-linear.

I’d like to say that it’s the .5 oz end load version of the DC41.

It just gets around and adjusts quicker in the hands on any pitch, while still offering home run power.