DB44

Discussion in 'DeMarini' started by Slayerfan84, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Slayerfan84

Slayerfan84 New Member

You can get these bats fairly cheap now. So my question is, I've read on here people believe the juggy line is not good for people who swing hard or does that go for any composite handle (Cartel, Standard Issue)? Does that belief apply to this bat as well? I know in a 28 this bat has a full ounce endload.

I notice Dale himself swings out of his shoes and he does very with this bat.

Thank you

2. EA Sports

EA Sports Addicted to Softballfans

It’s a very good bat. It just might take a little bit to get used to the handle on it.

bird25 and Slayerfan84 like this.
  3. jkwoody22

jkwoody22 League ball huer

Gap tech like the aftermath, ghost, est are the bats if you have a slower swing speed, juggy, mercy etc are good for faster swing speeds, like the others have said, the handle has some flex and if you are not used to it it will take some swings, plus a little bp will help the bat

Slayerfan84 likes this.
  4. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

Jkwoody is talking nonsense. The non linear bats are specifically made for 52 cor balls. These balls take the bat out of the equation quite a bit. They were made specifically to take away the advantage of shaved bats. Non linear bats (flippers, ghost, monsta, and whatever miken worth make) will hit these balls better than a non linear. That’s not to say someone can’t hit a linear bat like the juggy well.

As for the handle, it just gives a different feel when hitting the ball. If anyone tells you the handle flexes when you swing, end the conversation because they have no grasp on reality.

You also need to find out what cor and compression the ball is you’re hitting. There are some leagues around here that still hit the old Asa 44/375 balls. If you hit a non linear bat with these balls they will not last long.

Slayerfan84 likes this.
  5. Slayerfan84

Slayerfan84 New Member

I'm talking about the DB44. Which is a utrip bat.

ShortYellowBus likes this.
  6. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

It is as good as any others when broken in and I personally love the feel of the flexy handle

MPT23 and Slayerfan84 like this.
  7. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

My bad. I read the post were the ghost was mentioned and I assumed ASA. I’m a moron.

All top bats perform roughly the same. Find one you like the feel. I’m a huge fan of the Natalia which has the same handle.

8. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

12" VS 13"

Adn the DB44 takes some time with harder balls to wake the F up, but eventually gets right there with a Nautalai.

TBH Nautalai just starts straight gas with 52s and keeps up its gas all along until she blows. Big fan of that bat myself, wish they'd give it a better coat of paint like the Mistress and DB44 got and a gloss coat though.

My Nautalais chip just looking at them.

Slayerfan84 and bird25 like this.
  9. MPT23

MPT23 Putting on the foil

Was swinging my db44 last night. Absolutely murders the ball and love the soft barrel. Less than 100 swings and is straight fire.

10. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

I was lucky enough to pick up a 30 oz. can’t wait for my next game:cool:

11. MPT23

MPT23 Putting on the foil

I appreciate you parting with my 28.

bird25 likes this.
  12. BOLTMAN21

BOLTMAN21 Manager

Do these Nautalai not last with Classic M's? Are they made for the Classic Plus? Was looking into getting one to try.

13. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

I’ve been hitting NSA icons (44/400) all summer. I have what looks to be a single spiral up at the end of the barrel maybe a half inch long. It happened while taking bp in the spring. It hasn’t progressed any further in 3 months of gaming it. I have read that others have paint flaking issues. I have not had any.

14. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

My first one came used with a paint seam crack that grows and chips. Hasn't really cracked further or split open no past the white primer it looks like at least. However, the primer being white with the cheap matte top layer makes the paint flake look more dramatic than what it really is. Up close the bat looks like it could be cracked but isn't actually if that makes sense.

My other was NIW and minimal hits.

I've hit only 52cor with them aside from my one league that has Gold Dot Worth 44cor so those games hits. And as for the used one, was told not many hits but mixed balls on it first bp.

BP has been minimal 52cor use for me. Trying to manage these to last. Even moreso now that they teased 2019 version being alloy handle which is saddening to me at least, mainly cause I loved the combo of Juggy handle and the 13" barrel this bat has.

I'll be open to the new line, but I haven't had a good run with the alloy handle demarinis in the past. They have not been good in my hands vs the other brands. (Keep in mind we hit a tonne of 52cor almost exclusively here with Utrip bats as per rules)

15. SwingTheD206

SwingTheD206 Member

I'd recommend only bp'ing the Nautalai with 52's. It can hit the classic M's in games and should last, but the matte finish does get paint seems quickly using harder balls like the Juggy's did up until 2016. 2019 Nautalai's should me more durable due to the gloss finish.