Demarini CL22 vs. Easton L1/B1?

Discussion in 'USSSA' started by slomaro, Jun 27, 2013.

1. slomaro

slomaro Addicted to Softballfans

Anyone swing both the new stadium series and also the new Easton line ? What did you think ?
    Ready to order but torn between the CL22 or a B1/L1.

2. ck1

ck1 The Madness

Both are great bats...

I have a CL22 that I'm getting used to now and it was a 7/10 out of the wrapper. Usable in the games but didn't have a "wow" factor yet. After 50 cuts its game status and has a wow factor. However, that makes me wonder how long it will last. The barrel is extremely responsive almost like a tennis racket but feels very light.

The L1 is also very nice, I'd say it was a 6/10 out of the wrapper. It warmed up quickly though, seemingly with every 10 or so cuts. The barrel is responsive, feels heavier and more solid. No doubt about durability on these, they are proven very durable. It also has a little more endload IMO.

You can't go wrong with either. I'd say the L1 is the better value just because you can get a lightly used one w/receipt for ~$200 and it is durable. If you want something hot, fast, and want something more balanced, get the CL22.

3. azsoftball

azsoftball Whatever

Easton have 6 months warranty, DeMarini have one year. Durability isnt like it use to be for Easton. I did try both and I prefer the CL22.

4. slomaro

Thanks for the good info

5. creative10

creative10 Banned User

L1 no doubt..broke a CL22 in 12 swings. Bat was hot out of the wrapper but who the **** cares about that when it is made like ****. I have gotten 3000 swings out of my 1st L1 b4 it broke and my 2nd one is around 1000 swings.

6. ser7643

ser7643 Every day I'm Shuffilin!

Easton's warranty makes sense...if there is a manufacturer defect it will happen quickly, well within 6 months.

7. TRaj2327

TRaj2327 Make America Great Again

I'd bet you got the long vertical flap looking crack. That issue seems to have been corrected and was the same problem they were having with the J3A. So far, there have been very few that broke in a more typical way with a sharktooth, etc. The CL22 is a sick bat and can be had at an AWESOME price through the store if you PM Coach. I'd recommend it for sure. FWIW, I have a buddy with an L1 and another that has the CL22, the CL22 takes it quite easily IMO.

8. louconn

louconn ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

easily? really?

9. ogsoftballplaye

ogsoftballplaye Active Member

I've swung all 3 and I prefer the CL22 but I wouldn't say it takes the L1 easily. B1 was the bottom for me then the L1 and then the CL22. The CL22 just has a softer feel then the L1. Yes coach has a very very good price on em too.

10. bird25

bird25 <font color="#0000CD">34/30 Club #25</font>

i agree with this. If you are hitting harder balls and you mash, the L1 is the way to go. I love the CL22 but it is game swings only. i am fine hitting my Eastons in BP.

11. boser

boser Part Time Player

Who is this coach I can ask about a CL22 price?

12. slomaro

The website head dude his screen name is "coach"

You can pm him or just call the websites number to ask them about prices