Ebay deal opinions

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by Easton05, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Easton05

Easton05 Star Player

Ok I know that this is a very low amount of $$, but just looking for opinions on this. I won this auction for 3 pair of youth batting gloves.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260151475082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

I was looking for a selection of gloves to have onhand to sell at our batting glove pro shop. So when they finally arrive yesterday, there is 6 gloves, no Easton packaging (the cardboard hanging thingy) at all. We only sell things with tags and in packaging, so I don't want these gloves. Sure they were cheap, but would never have bid on them if they didn't have the tags. So, I contact the seller and ask how we should go about my returning the gloves to him and me getting a refund because I feel they were misrepresented. His/Her Reply:
    what you mind i send what you see on picture exept for the tags, can you send a picture of what you recive thanks

First of all... what???? and second isn't the tags kind of a big thing to have in picture but not on the item??

2. August22

August22 Thunder Gun

Why does the Ebay page say Franklin when they are Easton Batting Gloves?

3. Easton05

Easton05 Star Player

4. Warlock78

Warlock78 Addicted to Softballfans

so snap a quick pic and send it to him/her. Press the issue that you received the WRONG items and want a full refund, to include return postage. Don't get hung up about tags or no tags as that will just confuse the issue. He/she may have actually sent you the wrong items.

5. Easton05

Easton05 Star Player

he specifically said how is it different other than they have no tags, so he apparently doesn't feel it is a misrepresentation. So no one thinks no tags makes it wrong?

6. Flynnyrd

Flynnyrd <font color="#FF0000">Malicious Squid</font>

Yeah it's wrong. That's like buying a NIW bat and having it arrive without the wrapper. Anything you buy as new should include the packaging, unless stated otherwise.

7. Warlock78

Warlock78 Addicted to Softballfans

YES, it's WRONG! You were shipped the WRONG item(s). You bid based upon description AND picture(s). What you bid on and what you received were two different things. Picture was of New WITH Tags, and that is NOT what you got.
    Your stance and statement to this seller should be that you were shipped the WRONG item, which most probably was an honest mistake OR the item was intentionally misrepresented since you did not get what was pictured. Use those words in your next email.

8. Easton05

Easton05 Star Player

still no reply after I said I needed them with the tags as pictured. Giving him til tomorrow before I open a dispute, even if it is such a small amount of $

9. AJ22

AJ22 Super Moderator

ITS ABSOLUTELY WRONG...... but you have no dispute. As long as the sender left a description of the items, its the buyers option to follow up on the item before bidding. YES, as I said its wrong, but I had the same thing happen when I bought some items about 6 months ago..... the items came as described, but not what was shown as the items I received were different than pictured. How many times do you see a bat with the nude (boobs) behind the bat ??? Its the "DESCRIPTION" that counts.... not the picture !!!

THATS WHY THERE IS FEEDBACK..... good e-bayers will work with you as they need thier feedback to sell thier items. You received 3 pairs of batting gloves ... right ?? Were the batting gloves the FRANKLIN brand as described ?? I'm telling you it would be a waste of time to file a dispute !!! Try working with the seller..... if the seller doesn't want to communicate, then leave the negative feedback !!! Thats about all you can do !!