El Diablo and the Demon

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by chile, Aug 22, 2018.

1. BOLTMAN21

BOLTMAN21 Manager

It sounds like a shot gun going off on contact. Ball is exploding off it. I had a feeling I should have stopped BP'ing any hard stuff but it was too much fun. I also felt the urge to find out how long it would take for anything to happen. I have warranty and a few backups in the closet.

Normy likes this.
  2. Bagz

Bagz Bang!!

I'd like to know what that demon tests at right now on a compression tester haha

3. Normy

Normy Well-Known Member

That's the glory of these bats with the 1050 compression cut off. Living in Michigan, many of our spring/fall games are quite chilly. I'm getting tired of "babying" bats. Hitting 52's in 40-50 degrees shouldn't be a problem for Anarchy. I'm just curious if the pre 16'-17' models are more durable than say the Demon. Haven't heard of many issues unless they've been hit often with the hard stuff.

#153 Normy, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    sleepin4matty and BOLTMAN21 like this.
  4. BOLTMAN21

BOLTMAN21 Manager

We don't test anywhere around here. If you happen to have a tester handy I would not be opposed to sending it to ya to find out. We are in between seasons and off for 2 weeks.

5. BOLTMAN21

BOLTMAN21 Manager

This particular Demon has been hitting lots of hard stuff on 60 degree mornings and several people who have tried it hit the ball very hard. I would anticipate that it would/should have lasted much longer without any issues had I babied it some. I have been telling anyone and everyone to try it. Especially with hard stuff after they try it with 52's and love it. Probably why 9 people around me now have them in their bag.

#155 BOLTMAN21, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Normy and sleepin4matty like this.
  6. Bagz

Bagz Bang!!

I dont think you would want to pay close to $40 in shipping fees to the midwest but i do have a guy local that owns a comp. tester I'll try to get my nitrous on it that has a seam started to see where its at this week possibly.

chile and BOLTMAN21 like this.
  7. dunkky

dunkky Well-Known Member

it's good thing our asa league only uses 52s. i probably have around 1k over the xxl. still passes testing. I use my xxl for both gaming and bp. :) same for dc41 around 600, still in good shape.

Normy likes this.
  8. BOLTMAN21

BOLTMAN21 Manager

Does that seam line affect performance in any way?

9. Bagz

Bagz Bang!!

Not to my knowledge. It seems to be getting hotter imo. Below is some knowledge that was passed along to me.

A seam won’t effect performance. It’s where the moulds join and sometimes a build up of resin forms in the vacuum process. It is sanded flat and then painted. When a seam appears it is only that resin build up breaking

chile and BOLTMAN21 like this.
  10. BOLTMAN21

BOLTMAN21 Manager

Thanks bud. Hoping the zipper doesn't affect. I'll report back after my game Friday.

Haven't pulled it out my bag since. Stings a little more thinking of looking at it now then it did at the time. haha

Bagz and chile like this.
  11. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Well-Known Member

I have no opinion or interest whatsoever in this brand, but I can send my affirmation regarding that zipper; it’s definitely hotter with the zipper.

In fact, if the zipper occurs, you’re looking at a bat hugely below a passing compression threshold. It’s super hot.

And as long as nothing is moving inside the bat, the composite barrel should still be intact and strong enough to keep hitting.

You can surely get 500 or more powerful swings. Home run derby bat perhaps?

However. If an umpire sees it, they’ll throw it out.

robmakingnoyz and BOLTMAN21 like this.