Fire Flex 2.0

Discussion in 'Easton' started by Markous, Aug 9, 2018 at 8:13 AM.

1. Markous

Markous The Rookie

Anybody else see this on instagram?

Screenshot_20180809-080949_Instagram.jpg

2. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

Oh boy! Will these fail compression even faster than the current Fireflexes?

3. sleepin4matty

sleepin4matty Management Material

roughly 2.0x faster

D RODZ likes this.
  4. bulldog10

bulldog10 swamp donkey slayer

they claim in the add to have done something to the barrel to hold compression longer. you think it's just a sales pitch? why would a bat company lie?:D

5. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Well-Known Member

I thought they already did that.

There’s the first batch bats that failed at a couple dozen swings. Easton recognized that and put a plan in place.

The next bats produced were given an additional layer of composite to level off the compression testing numbers.

I don’t work for Easton, but I did read into this. I seem to be of the mindset that the new bats including the ASA bats hold compression longer.

6. chad783

chad783 Addicted to Softballfans

2 major upgrades vs the OG fireflex

1- new 360 technology ( new layering in the sweet spot zone to help maintain compression significantly longer) 40-60% longer

2-new player optimized weighting ( maximized MOI per barrel length and weight)it means that every different construction ( barrel length ) is being tested to make sure we get the best MOI, show every bat will feel different but we won’t have a consistent loading IE : .5 oz, 1oz etc

The launch is scheduled to be the first week of September for the 2 in-line bats. The neon green being the Balanced Canadian exclusive; and the blue being the end loaded in-line back.

Attached Files:

7. Hiltz

Hiltz Oozing with... something.

So instead of 200 swings, you get 280-320 swings. Sweet.

chad783 likes this.
  8. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

I thought the same thing when I read the 40-60%

Took less than 200 for most around here to have theirs fail any comp test they got subject to.

Not seeing them break TBH - Wonder how long until they're banned & Twisted Mistress Demarinis too.

How is it they get stamped, but then can't pass the Utrip Comp tests LOL.

9. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

All I know is that at the USSSA major tourny here in CO a couple weeks ago there were MASSIVE amounts of Fireflexes failing. Many looked brand new too. I figure 90% of Fireflexes tested failed.

10. bulldog10

bulldog10 swamp donkey slayer

If I’m not mistaken the 17’s failed too, they seemed to take a little longer to fail but they did. The people wanted this and they got it. Honestly I love the feel of the fire flex but we don’t compression test here unless a pitcher is hit or it’s a close middle shot. Really I don’t care about isntat gratification I always seem to hit Eastons really good. Lived on the old Easton bats and liked being able to bp but now I just use older imx bats for bp and fireflex for games. Long ramble for nothing really, I guess.

bird25 and chile like this.
  11. clementeunknown

clementeunknown Addicted to Softballfans

And the kick in the ass is those ****ers don't pay for their bats, it's the regular Joe that gets the shaft

12. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

Most of these bats failing were from local teams who actually DID pay for them. I think 1 local team tested over 30 bats and had like 9 pass. Obviously all the fails weren't Fireflexes, but the amount of bats failing overall was like 60%.

Apparently 220 is pretty easy to get to these days. I won't even chalk it up to cheating. Simply that guys had bats they'd used for a while. This was the first time CO did any compression testing at a tourny this year.

Fireflexes seemed to be the most commonly failing bat.

13. Hiltz

Remember when utrip went with the thumbprint stamp and all new bats were supposed to spiral or crack before they exceeded the new standard? I guess that's all gone by the wayside.

USSSA needs to change something. They're allowing a dangerous situation to occur by passing new bats that surpass their bat standard so quickly. All well and good if everyone compression tested regularly, but we know that just doesn't happen. And the problem is compounded by allowing multiple types of balls.

In one part of the country you have people hitting .52's in hot, humid weather with a freshly tested bat. And in another area you have guys hitting Classic M's on a cool day with a bat that would fail miserably if it had been tested. Not even the same game.

ju25 likes this.
  14. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

I agree. USSSA has a dangerous combo of legal equipment right now (classic Ms and hot bats). I think USSSA needs to change 2 things. Make the classic + the only legal ball (other than stadium balls for stadium sized fields) and start making the pass/fail compression threshold 300.

Introducing the thumbprint stamp bats didn't make anything safer. If anything it made things worse. Now you have tons of bats that hover around 220 after 100 swings. And the bats don't crack or spiral when they hit 220 either.

15. Hiltz

When they introduced the stamp, the first wave of bats had issues with spiraling. I remember Mikens/Worths being the most notorious for it. Now they're leading the pack and you could argue that they started the trend towards bats that are hot quick and fail compression easily. Either they figured out how to sneak past the testing, or USSSA relaxed on their stance and gave in to pressure from manufacturers. Or both.

16. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

Agree. When you have a major tourny, all bats from every team get tested. When you have more fail than pass you know you have a severe equipment problem. Softball bats today are out of control hot. It doesn't matter what ball you use, the bats are light sabers.

17. jstn8887

jstn8887 Addicted to Softballfans

Does USSSA even compression test as part of their certification process? My understanding was that they just checked the BPF until breaking but not the compression of the bat. If they did compression test as part of the certification process, the Demarini Uflips would never have passed certification.