Freak 30 knob wobble

Discussion in 'USSSA' started by milesej05, Aug 7, 2017.

1. milesej05

milesej05 The Rookie

I know the white DC-41's were notorious for the wobble in the knob but hadn't heard anything about the 2017 Freak 30's having issues with them. Has anyone else had issues with this?

Would putting some 3M 5200 or JB weld where the knob meets the handle help prevent the knob from becoming more loose?

2. TWmccoy

TWmccoy <font color="#FF0000">3DX Connoisseur</font>

All Mikens from the last few years seem to have knob issues. I know quite a few people who have had the knobs become loose or break off entirely.

3. milesej05

milesej05 The Rookie

Damn. Figured they would have figured their crap out over the last year or two.

4. sffan25

sffan25 New Member

Just saw this post. I had the same issue with my fulk elite (2016). I unrapped it, pushed out the set pin and popped off the handle with a large wrench around the base and a hammer to tap off. Sanded it down re pinned it and glued it back on with 3m 2 part epoxy and put it in a clamp overnight. No issues after several months.

5. Jusrah99

Jusrah99 Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

I sanded mine down and used JB Weld, then i used athletic tape around the know and handle to make a taper...a million hits later, still goin strong

6. milesej05

milesej05 The Rookie

The issue with that is I still have a return on it and don't want to have Miken void the warranty because I fixed the knob issue myself.

7. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo Addicted to Softballfans

Unlikely it would be an issue but you are technically altering the bat by doing it yourself. And it would void the warranty immediately. Something to think about depending on how strict your local association is and where you plan on using it.