Had enough of Worldwide Softball (4pitchwalk)(Chris)

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by MissouriPlayer, Jun 30, 2004.

1. MissouriPlayer

MissouriPlayer Hits Middle.....Alot!

In the last couple of years I've placed several orders with Chris either at the site, through this board, or by phone.

Everytime I've had an issue with at least part of the deal. Normally his prices are very competitive and sometimes simply can't be beat. However, prices are not everything.......

My latest purchase was a RT Reloaded, great price, fairly fast shipping.....no receipt. I thought no problem I'll shoot Chris an email...done. Still no response or receipt. I thought no problem I'll shoot Chris another email. Another couple of weeks, no contact. Even if I did get the bat at a good price I expected a receipt. I did not get what I expected.

Being the idiot I am, I placed an order at the Worldwide Slowpitch Softball site for a few little items, bat tape, knob cuffs, batting gloves. This was two weeks ago and I finally get an email today that the stuff was shipped. C'mon two weeks?

It's not about the prices, but it's about the headache, hassle, and lack of follow through that has me promising to never do business with 4pitchwalk or Worldwide Softball again.

As a customer I have no care if they are extremely busy or extremely slow all I care about is getting the product I expect in a manner I expect for a price I expect.

I am sure in the future the prices will be tempting and a part of me will want to buy something again from Chris, but I'll spend the extra few dollars not to have the hassle. There is more to running a business than offering low prices.......

Missouri Player

2. Madsunz

Madsunz Active Member

I understand what you are saying, but I kind of disagree. If I need something tomorrow, I go to Sportmart or Galyans or a local PIA. If I don't need something for a couple weeks, I am more than happy to wait if it saves me a bunch of money. Chris does square up if the deal isn't working out well. He will email to tell you it just went out instead of nothing. I too am waiting for a RT Reloaded receipt, but I will not worry too much about it. Chris will either get it to me or take care of it some other way. I have a lot of respect for what he does, talk about busy, this guy is the model for it. Sure, I understand the disappointment when anticipation is high (I experienced this on a shipping mishap, not Chris's fault, with my Reloaded), when something takes a week or two more than expected. It's what you get, and eventually it comes from nearly every place you deal with.

Chris may be a model for someone that could use help, but he is an honest dude that keeps on hooking all of us up with unbelievable deals we could not get on our own. Thanks again Chris.

Jay

3. chirotob

chirotob Active Member

Missouri - I feel you 100% on your opinion... see my recent post about Anaconda Sports.

-Chiro

4. consistencyplz

consistencyplz Creative Genius

the only thing im going to say in defense of chris is that in his huge bat lot sales, not once does he say something about reciepts... if u look at the last 10 of the huge bat lots it doesnt say anything about a reciept. If you want one with the transaction, don't assume, ASK, and that way your not getting upset over a piece of paper when you get a bat for 100 dollars less than the normal price. Give the guy a break...

5. dhark

dhark Active Member

:mad:
    I agree madsunz! I Too am waiting on a receipt for the reloaded. I had a little issue with Chris as well. I originally said I wanted a 28oz then after reading that it swung heavy I told him at the time I paypaled him I want a 27oz. Well he sent me a NIW 26oz and I'm kinda glad he did cause that sucka is bigtime endloaded! I'm not complaning or bashing Chris He does have some unbeatable deals out there. My only suggestion is that maybe he should hire a helping hand or something cause I know he's busy I see his posts all the time. I not worried about the receipt I know he always makes good from what I've read. Anyway I got a NIW reloaded for $150 not bad even though he lowered it to $125 the day after I payed him :mad:

6. x66stangx

x66stangx New Member

i spent 15$ on three tickets for a fund raiser still have not recieved the results sent two or three email to him got no responds sounds like hes got way to much going on to take care of the small things. i did place an order with him and got an ok deal on some small things wasnt to happy about the packageing got a role of smashed up tape

#6 x66stangx, Jun 30, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  7. Senior22

Senior22 New Member

I have had no problems with buying from his store. All has worked fine.

#7 Senior22, Jun 30, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  8. Madsunz

Madsunz Active Member

Why wouldn't you trade with him or send anything to him??? :confused:

9. OrangeCrusher

OrangeCrusher Addicted to Softballfans

I had a good experience with Worldwide only 3 weeks ago.

10. MissouriPlayer

I did ask for a receipt, hell I asked before I bought it and after I bought the bat. I don't care if I bought the bat for $1.00. If I'm told I will get the bat and a receipt, I expect to get what I was promised.

If he was up front and said "Look guys, I can offer stuff cheaper than anywhere else but you will have to be patient with me and I might not get you everything I said when I said"....I would be little more understanding. Actually I would just pay the extra 15-20% from someone else who can follow through, provide customer service, and professional commitment to make all orders on time regardless of how small.

The whole point of the feedback post is to let those know who plan on dealing with him in the future that yeah his prices are typcially great but there is a trade-off for those prices too.

Missouri Player

11. chach3835

chach3835 It's Miller Time

I just ordered 14 T's from him on Wednesday....I got a good price on them and The only thing i hope i get them before Our tournament. That I plan on giving them out for Champs in 2weeks.

#11 chach3835, Jul 1, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  12. Rubicon Rick

Rubicon Rick Addicted to Softballfans

My dealings with Chris have been straight up and smooth.

13. stophit21

stophit21 Manager

yep he was good to me..

I got my bat from him in standard fashion.. Personally I think he was fast at responding to my emails and I got my goods...

14. consistencyplz

I have a feeling if people keep complaining hes just going to stop posting great deals. Seeing that he hasnt posted a long list of cheap items in a little while, i fear this may already be the case. If you read this Chris, there are plenty of people on this board that really appreciate the work you do, and I hope a few bad seeds don't spoil the whole apple.

15. BB15

BB15 Ape Raids

I wouldn't necessarily call people "bad seeds" for complaining. I persoanlly had a fairly smooth deal with Chris on some Tanels. I personally am not as big on customer service as others may be. If you're expecting A+ customer service from Chris, you'll be disappointed. However, if you're just after the best deals out there, he's yer guy!!

16. stickem

stickem Active Member

well, this guy didn't get the service he asked for. like a honda, there is one lemon somewhere out there. but, the bad honda owner still has a right to speak his mind if he didn't receive the service he asked for. the guy might of come up short on this one and this guy has a right to complain, and hopefully the seller sees this and can rectify the problem that occured in future bussiness deals. and a private bussiness might have one slip up, but he can learn from that.

17. consistencyplz

I didn't mean to call him a bad seed, i ment with all this recent negativitiy towards him, I hope he doesn't leave this board.

18. Scott54

Scott54 Addicted to Softballfans

I ordered a RT reloaded from him and he had shipped it the same day I ordered it. I haven't had any problems with him yet.

19. Senior22

Senior22 New Member

All seems well now

#19 Senior22, Jul 1, 2004
  20. NorCal

NorCal New Member

Sen, PM, check them, thx.

:)

21. MissouriPlayer

I think my statements and opinions of Chris were honest.

I know he provides great prices and I know for some of you that is all you need to know. I posted my experiences here for those that like me don't like the hassle or lack of communication sometimes you get when you deal with Chris.

I am not forming the anti-Worldwide Slowpitch softball boycott club....I'm simply stating my experiences for those like me that are looking for a hassle free deal that goes smooth. As the title of post states, I've had enough. It wasn't one instance, it wasn't just one order it seems to be a theme with Chris. It may happen for a legit reason....he may simply be too busy to handle all the details 100% of the time. But as a customer I don't care that he's too busy, that's an issue he needs to resolve.

To be honest I've given up on the receipt, hopefully I would've never needed it anyhow. Even if he sent me 10 receipts I wouldn't do business with him again. It's nothing personal, I just like for my business deals to be handled differently.

Missour Player (Bad Seed) :rolleyes:

22. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

I've never had anything but good deals with Chris. I sent him a donation just a little while ago and he sent me a shirt as thanks.

Missouri I dont' have a problem with.

That RXNPRS or whatever guy that paypaled Chris and then got on here 2 hours later saying he couldn't contact him, that was a bit much. Unlike us apparently Chris works days.

23. ToddVenom20

ToddVenom20 Banned User

I also have had nothing but good deals with the store also.The way bat
    prices are now, saving 50-100 bucks on a bat is huge.But that's just me.

24. windmill

windmill Addicted to Softballfans

No complaints here. Keep up the good work chris.

25. NCHeels

NCHeels Manager

4pitchwalk

I am sure you are following this thread, called your phone and left message and sent you an email about a receipt, please reply email or pm.

#25 NCHeels, Jul 2, 2004
  26. 4PITCHWALK

4PITCHWALK New Member

Missouri Player

Just to clear up a few things,

Missouri Player, send me your address in an email, I had sent out all of the receipts requested by email in the snail mail program. I respond to everyones email as much as possible. To add to the custome service part of it, I DO HAVE WAY TOO MUCH on my plate, thats why I have backed off the baords to try and get caught up. So I will give you $150 off your next purchase or just email me how you paid for your bat, if it was through paypal, I will refund you the price of the bat and you can swing a free bat on me.

I do the best I can with the amount of people I have helping me, and thats one person. I wish I mad 150,000+ a year in sales like some of the big names but I don't so right now I have to work on the poor mans budget. Is it an excuse, NO WAY, it is just the truth. Jus to drop a little info here is a normal day for me:

Wake up 430AM and come home from work at 600PM, work out as many orders as I can from the day, eat dinner, go back to association issues and tournament scheduling, go to bed around 1130PM, and then it starts all over again. Oh an dtry to see my 5 month pregnant wife and my 12 year old son.

MY PHONE NUMBER IS 209-482-3047, calling me will get faster results then emailing me because i have my phone on all day, not my computer. I have come to learn though in the last couple of weeks that there are just changes to the softball boards that I have never experienced ever. I just choose right now to keep my distance.

Anyhow, Missouri player, the ball is in your court, none of the big three would ever offer you that type of deal, i know that for a fact. I want you to be happy and also understand my side of the story.

27. 4PITCHWALK

4PITCHWALK New Member

Missouri Player

I have done the following for you just to confirm

Recredited your mastercard for the Rt Reloaded

Recredit your card for the current items I shipped to you

Issued you a $50 store credit

Total of $250 credit given back to you.

You keep the bat and the recent purchase on us or me and enjoy your season

28. JPosey

JPosey Whatever

Chris-

I emailed you a few days ago about buying some of the things you had on sale. I haven't received a response yet.. I am still interested in some things and am ready to buy whenever.

Let Me Know..

Jay

29. dhark

dhark Active Member

See I told you he always makes it right! Free credit free bat I'd say you made out alright. I think I,d feel a little guilty taking that deal.

30. cphelan1

cphelan1 Addicted to Softballfans

I gotta tell you guys, 4pitchwalk is a stand up guy in my book. I've been reading this thread from day one and what he is doing is unheard of in today's marketplace. I would never hesitate to do business with him.
    Kudos to you 4pitchwalk!!!
    If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask, just email me.
    cphelan1@gmail.com

Chris