If a 44 Cor ball...

Discussion in 'Open Slow Pitch Board' started by jbo911, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Normy

Normy Well-Known Member

Guess I'll buy SUV's, ride snowmobiles, date ugly chicks and eat grapefruit then. I play with 20 year olds who can hit the snot out of the 52's. Heck, I can hit em pretty good for a gimped up middle aged guy. You can take the rocks and I'll stick with the mush. Problem solved.

WiLD53, D-ROCK13 and hitless45 like this.
  2. AntonChigurh

AntonChigurh Member

I can hit the “snot” outta 52/44/whatever. I don’t like the idea that if I’m off a hair I’m blowing up a pitcher. I’m not trying to hurt anyone.

WiLD53 and hitless45 like this.
  3. Normy

Normy Well-Known Member

I appreciate it!

WiLD53 likes this.
  4. AntonChigurh

AntonChigurh Member

Ain’t ANYONE making real money playing softball. It’s a fun game. Let’s have fun and all go home in one piece.

Normy, WiLD53 and hitless45 like this.
  5. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

You play a lot of games in Florida where it's a high of forty? I played in South Georgia for eight years and the classic m is no big deal down there. That's why this thread isn't about that.

#65 jbo911, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  6. AntonChigurh

AntonChigurh Member

Clearly gator is missing the point, it’s about safety and physics.

7. AntonChigurh

AntonChigurh Member

When is enough enough? Another guy dying, or losing his teeth, or losing an eye? It’s sad to say but I hope the next guy who’s hurt sues the association back to the Stone Age.

8. gaternation

gaternation Addicted to Softballfans

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Exhibit S of idiots who believe they know what's best for softball and preach down to the masses. Funny thing is that time after time more people show they prefer better over worse and participation confirms that

9. smarkley3

smarkley3 Certified Trap Hoe

My point was that we are limited to pure single wall bats but, use 44 376 balls. I would like to use the 52 COR and perhaps open the bat rules a bit, Even two piece single walls would be an improvement. I would be extremely happy just to use my Nano Alpha or an Omega, They are a composite handle Namotek, I am not sure they hit further than OG Nanos but, the sweet spot is bigger.
    I guess I am just butt hurt after thinking I would get to use the great senior composite bats and can only swing single walls. And I am not buying into the safety issue since we us a ball that does much more damage....

10. Country469

Country469 Well-Known Member

that gator dude is lulz

lives in FL, so of course this thread means nothing to him, and then talks like he knows about the greater whole of softball. The game is dying by participation #s, and its because dudes like that whose egos can't ascertain the fact that a safer ball is good and doesn't even out the playing field, it actually widens it.

hitless45, D-ROCK13 and Normy like this.
  11. etnstudios

etnstudios Addicted to Softballfans

he is so much gater than me lol

hitless45 and Normy like this.
  12. gaternation

gaternation Addicted to Softballfans

Actually no I am a realist and not some sanctimonious person who thinks they no better then everyone else. I play both upper and lower level of ball, with older and younger guys, in heat and cold and a good ball doesn't drive away people from the game:rolleyes:.

As for smarkley it sucks playing with a single wall restricted league- try an old Anderson bat or TPS lighthouse, they were decent back in the day which back then the balls used were red dots and blue stitches that had 550 pounds of compression:eek:

13. Country469

I know more about softball participation #s than you do, yes. Its a fact.

How many time you played in 40 degrees in FL again?

hitless45 likes this.
  14. Country469

If you look at the peak participation #s in softball, the decline came around the first composites and keeps trending down. So yeah, equip too good for the game is helping that 100%

hitless45 likes this.
  15. EA Sports

EA Sports Addicted to Softballfans

You can’t say you play in the cold if you’re playing in Florida. The classic M turns to mush after a few hits down there.

16. blakcherry329

blakcherry329 Well-Known Member

Spoken like someone that doesn't pitch. smh

How good does a ball have to be to hit a ball, coming in at 20mph, over a fence?

I love when position players call balls mush or socks. Mush balls are only mushy until they hit you. Then it's a rock. lol
    I don't complain, but I would like a fighting chance to catch a ball coming up the middle.

hitless45, D-ROCK13 and Normy like this.
  17. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

It's not sanctimonious to state the fact that the classic m registers the times higher than the level for serious brain injury on a nice test while the 52 registers just over a third of that limit. It's a scientific fact. That test is run at seventy two degrees I assume since that's the test they test the balls at. If that assumption is true you're getting into the neighborhood of that ball doing six times the damage required to be considered serious on that test.

Tell me your utrip teams name and I'll gladly look at your sorting schedule and check weather.com to tell you the temperature at your coldest game. It was around thirty five when my buddy's mask was broken off of his helmet.

hitless45 and Normy like this.
  18. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

My buddy's mask was broken off by a middle shot this weekend and it did push it back into his face cutting him. It wasn't bad though so we were both right.

It was a football Helmet instead of a lacrosse helmet, but I still think the principle holds true. Luckily he was okay enough to keep playing.

blakcherry329 and Normy like this.
  19. blakcherry329

Hmmmm, football helmet? I can't picture it. Any pics? Inquiring minds want to know. Glad he's ok.

20. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

Somebody that's faster on the Google than me can post one for you hopefully. Lol

Normy likes this.
  21. Normy

Normy Well-Known Member

That would definitely NOT be me lol. #nehanderthal

22. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

At home on my laptop I'd be good, but not so much on my phone.

#82 jbo911, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    blakcherry329 and Normy like this.
  23. blakcherry329

I never come to this site on my phone. lol

24. tattooball

tattooball Active Member

If you look at the SGMA reports softball started to decline in 1994 due to the tax laws changing in 1992.

25. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

Sponsorship declined?

26. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

I once saw a pitcher get hit straight in the face wearing a lacrosse helmet w/ a mask. It split the helmet in half and gave the guy a concussion. Probably the hardest ball I've ever seen hit a pitcher. Had he not been wearing a mask it would have been fatal.

Ball was a .44 375 at 8 AM. Chilly.

27. Country469

what the composite hero catchers and dh's out there don't get it is there is that the ball used could make a life or death difference if someone is hit. Pitching will always be dangerous and its always gonna hurt when you get drilled on the mound. But for a sport made of mainly of fat old guys with hourly wages and jobs to work the next day, using a ball that could kill someone over 20 extra feet and .050 OBP points is simply stupid. Anyone who says finding a safe ball is for women, is the problem with softball. We all hit the same ball so its equal, shut up and play the game rather than ***** because you need a faster race car to stand a chance.

28. ddoubler

ddoubler Addicted to Softballfans

Should be that anywhere regardless of church or not

defos, lukeamdman and Normy like this.
  29. Bobby Buggs

Bobby Buggs SBF Site Sponsor

Country, that gator guy is actually from PA originally lulz

30. AntonChigurh

AntonChigurh Member

Key point, guys who need to return home to their family, careers, life. This is for fun, no sense at all in altering or ending a life over a stupid game.

jbo911 and hitless45 like this.