Is Dan 905 Screwing Me?

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by hotcorner1268, Jul 21, 2004.

1. hotcorner1268

hotcorner1268 Master Baiter

Way back on June 30th I struck a deal with Dan for a used F2 for $155. I paid him $95 that night through paypal (I only had about $96 in there), and sent out a money order for the remaining $60 on July 2nd or 3rd. He told me sent the bat out around the 7th, but here it is the 21st and still no bat. I know he's sending it to the US from Canada, but from what I gather he's pretty close to the NY area, just across Lake Ontarrio, and I live on long Island.

Over the weekend he told me he would give me the tracking number when he got back from a tournament, but since then he hasn't replied to any of my last few "reminder" emails. Now, if it's just a simple matter of slow delivery I can't fault him, but 2 weeks and I don't even know HOW he sent the bat? I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt, as I saw he had good reviews before I bought the bat, but my good nature is really starting to give way to doubt and suspicion. If anyone else has done business with Dan since June please post your experience here, especially the turnaround time for delivery. Thanks.

2. Sonny

Sonny Active Member

I had a deal on ebay and sent the bat out EXPRESS!!! to canada on the 6th and it's not there yet. They guy thinks I ripped him off. I feel like **** but there's nothing I can do. Canada to US and vice versa SUCKS!!!.

#2 Sonny, Jul 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  3. hotcorner1268

At least if you include a tracking/confirmation number they'll know your deal is square. That's all I really need to feel better. I don't want to accuse Dan, but I'm hoping this will encourage him to get me the #.

4. billsoftball

billsoftball OG Member

You can't get a tracking number on international shipments, no delivery confirmation, just the number on the insurance tag.

5. OrangeCrusher

OrangeCrusher Addicted to Softballfans

I had a deal go good with dan a while ago. All he did was send a Monsy order in an envelope and it took a couple weeks to get to me. dan is a stand up guy and I don't think he'd try to steal your $.

6. Madsunz

Madsunz Active Member

I had the same thing happen with Dan, except I was the one that shipped it up to him. It took three weeks. I was starting to feel like a real ****, even though I shouldn't have. He was beginning to question me a little (I think he was still trusting that I sent it though). This crap happens. I think Canadian or US border/customs officials play some warehouse ball with our bats before we get them (or something, because they hold them for a long time!) No worries yet...

7. dingy1234

dingy1234 Coach

I live in Canada and recently had a bat shipped to me. Part of the problem was that I paid for it on June 24th, was told it was shipping on June 29th. The packing slip says it didn't get in the mail 'til July 7th. So it took 10 business days to come express to Canada. That isn't so bad, if the shipper was honest with me I wouldn't have been breathing down his neck.

All is good now.

8. hotcorner1268

Thanks guys. This sure helps alleviate many of my concerns. I never want to accuse another site member of being dishonest, and I was very hesitant to even post this, but this is my first international deal so I wasn't prepared for such a long wait. Hopefully the bat will get here in a couple of days and I can rebut this post by putting a more positive review of my deal with Dan.

P.S. Madsunz- As a teenager I used to play "stockroom baseball" with the other shelf stockers at a department store. It was a hell of a lot of fun then, and I wouldn't be too surprised to learn of it happening at customs. ;)

9. corndog27

corndog27 Addicted to Softballfans

Tracking Number

If they sent the bat through the post office and insured which you should if you are sending a bat. Than it should have a tracking number on the insured tag or receipt. If you call the Post Office they will track it for you and tell you about it. Or if you have the number give it to me and I will look it up.also have you contacted your post office about it. they could have attempted it and nobody was home. If so they would take it back to the p.o and it would set on a shelf waiting for someone to pick it up. They would have left a notice but they can get lost.

#9 corndog27, Jul 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  10. shifty1

shifty1 Canadian Beaver Lover

I live in Canada and have had very little trouble with delivery times, either to or from here.
    If sent US post and insurance and tracking # are paid for, then the package can be tracked the whole way.
    I usually see a 4-7 day turnaround (sometimes more, but not usually.)

11. mrctt28

mrctt28 Addicted to Softballfans

tough experience for me

I sold a bat to a guy in Canada...took 3 plus weeks and I am in NH. Sent it regular USPS. All I can say is international shipments suck. I couldn't do anything about it. Now unfortunately I don't sell out of the U.S. Just too much of a pain.

12. filliephan

filliephan Addicted to Softballfans

I have dealt with Dan... he is a great guy to deal with. It did take a few weeks to get the bat, but he sent it when he said he did. It is impossible to predict how long things will take to get through customs.

13. hotcorner1268

Thanks fillie. That's what I was hoping to hear.

14. bcarver6

bcarver6 Hitting Coach

I also have dealt with Dan, everything went great. Canada's mail is just a little on the slow side.

Bob

15. dan_905

dan_905 Addicted to Softballfans

no worries dano

no problems on this end, its on its way buddy.

16. BIGPAP72

BIGPAP72 Active Member

I had a deal with Dan and I sent my bat to him via USPS air and it was there in 4 days. He didn't get my stick out when he said but it did come a week later. If you don't express it or air it its gonna take some time. So wait and see. Dan you should give a tracking #. Hope it all works out.

17. Briner19

Briner19 Addicted to Softballfans

dan...

Dan is a very legit guy..... I've had deals with him in the past and everything went great. He's found me a bunch of great deals. Being in Canada, everytime I've ordered bats from the states, they've all taken different amount of time to get to me. 1 took 3 days and the other 3 weeks... Its at the border... thats where the problem is ...

but as for Dan, you can all trust him.

18. dan_905

Thanks Jason.

Done lots of deals, never would screw anyone over. :)

19. sid111

sid111 Miken Bat Expert.........

I have done deals with Dan never had any problems.

20. hotcorner1268

Dan's bat arrived yesterday, 7/27, to end all debate. While it arrived 20 after it was sent (7/7), that is hardly Dan's fault. He DID send it out on the day he said, as he explained in some of our private discussion he was just too darn busy at work to think softball at the time I was trying to contact him. Sorry I doubted you at all Dan. Some temmates and I used the bat (F2) last night and it was hot!

I hope the worst that comes from this thread is that we all learn that international sales may require time and patience. That shouldn't discourage most deals, just those that need immediate deliveries.

Thanks again Dan for a great bat at a great price! :)

21. mrcub8

mrcub8 maybe next year!-Cub fans

Jay the shipment might be slow but at least they get it eventually unlike my last experience w/ UPS. I don't know what brown did for me but I guess they got a NIW 28 oz Freak for their work team. I'd hate to face the UPS team because they're swinging our bats. :eek:

22. dan_905

Oh man, Im a busy fella. Im actually working on setting up a new softball organization here in ontario and Im in the midst of organizing my fiances and my wedding *oct 2005* and work all at the same time. Try working ball into that schedual.

I hit the bat about 10 times and I didnt like the weight of it but I hit a few out. Im glad you like it.

23. dan_905

Also!

also, I was at the post office today and they said when your terrorist color goes up that it takes longer to ship. seems odd, call up george bush and tell him his paranoia is making your bats show up late. ha ha ha ha ha

24. hotcorner1268

Repost this under "Apologies To Dan 905." I'd prefer to see your rep improve rather than be questioned any longer ;)

25. dan_905

Thanks there Dano, much appreciated.