Jon Charger

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by jwilco01, Nov 28, 2003.

1. jwilco01

jwilco01 07 ISA World Series Champ

I would'nt deal with this guy again. I was buying a 27oz Crush from him with receipt. I was told once payment was made through Pay Pal he would send bat same day. Then I received a msg saying he received payment through paypal but he would'bt mail bat out until he received a check from PayPal which would take 4 to 6 days. I received the bat 10 days after making original payment and then the bat came with a copy of a receipt for a 26oz crush which he stated in his post he had bought in August, thus the reason for him selling the 27oz. On the copy he just crossed out the 26oz and hand wrote 27oz. I would definitely not recommend a deal with this guy unless it was face to face.

2. Jon21770

Jon21770 Addicted to Softballfans

The JonCharger he is referring to is me (JonCharger@aol.com is my email).

I'll run down this whole deal for everyone and you can decide for yourselves whether you would have done something differently. I appreciate everyone that takes the time to read this and understand what really happened and not just make a judgement on a one sided account.

First, regarding the Paypal payment. He sent payment through Paypal to me. I got the following email from Paypal telling me that the payment hasn't cleared because it was sent in the form of an eCheck. Paypal said that if this was payment for merchandise NOT TO SEND the merchandise until this payment cleared in four business days because the money was not actually there yet. I never said I was waiting for a check from Paypal. I said exactly what they told me and I forwarded him a copy of their email for verification. I also called him immediately after receiving this email from Paypal and left him a voice mail letting him know what was happening and telling him that I would understand if he felt he wanted to cancel the deal. He said to go ahead and wait and then send the bat when it cleared. I contaced him no less than five times during our transaction to keep him informed during everything via email or telephone (saved emails as proof).

Here is a copy of the email Paypal sent to me.....

Cash Is on the Way!!

Dear Jon,

This eCheck payment will remain "Uncleared" until the funds have cleared from the sender's account, which usually takes 3-4 business days. If you are shipping an item, please do not ship your item until the funds have cleared into your PayPal account. You will be notified by email when the funds have cleared into your PayPal balance.
    eCheck Details

Amount: $135.00 USD
    Transaction ID: 8HY237352X967844N

Second, is the reciept. Corey assumed (and we all know what happens when you do that) that I tried to pull a fast one on him without even asking me what the deal with the receipt was. As he stated I do have a 26oz crush that I bought after the 27oz crush. However, the reciept that I sent to him is in FACT the one that came with the bat that he purchased from me (the 27oz). The 26oz on the receipt is crossed off and 27oz is hand written instead on it. That was done by the place where I purchased the bat (softballjunk.com) for the following reason. I ordered that bat through their website during the time when crush's were nearly impossible to get (mid august). At that time softballjunk.com's website said they had 26 and 27oz in stock. I ordered a 26oz through the website. I then called softballjunk.com to confirm my order with them (I did this about 10 minutes after placing the order on the website). When I spoke to a representative at this time they told me the website was incorrect and that they only had 27oz crush's in stock. Since I had waited so long to get this bat and nobody else had any in stock at the time I told them to go ahead and change my order to a 27oz crush. They said they would. When they sent me the bat the receipt that came with it is the exact, unchanged receipt that I sent to Corey when I sold the bat to him. Sofballjunk.com had just crossed off the 26 and written in 27. I had emailed Corey a couple of days ago (the day the bat was scheduled to get to him) and asked him if he had received the bat and to let me know if there were any problems. I got home today to find an email from him telling me that I tried to switch receipts on him and that he would give me a negative feedback for this deal. I emailed him back and told him exactly what I have stated in this post and said that I would be absolutely willing to call softballjunk.com and get him a corrected receipt if he wanted me to. Unfortunately, Corey didnt bother to ask me what the deal with the receipt was and chose instead to assume the worst about me and post a negative feedback without ever talking to me about it first. He did this because he was upset from the start of the deal when I informed him that paypal had advised me to wait until the payment had cleared before sending out any merchandise.

I did absolutely everything I could to make this deal go right for Corey. He offered to send me payment first and to do so through Paypal. I would never have agreed to send anyone a bat before getting the money for it. In my opinion, he tried to change our deal in the middle of it by asking me to send the bat before I had the money from him for it. I called him at least three times during this deal. I emailed him at least six or seven times during this deal. I never tried to duck or hide from him or from his email or phone calls. In fact I went out of my way to make sure he was informed about what was going on every step of the way. I was up front about everything that was going on during the deal and offered to cancel the deal when I felt he was not happy. He declined. I have now offered to call softballjunk.com to ease his feelings on the receipt which I would have been perfectly willing to do had he approached me about a problem before bringing it here.

Jon

3. Jon21770

One other thing....yeah it wasnt long enough yet.....the 26oz crush that I bought was in September from Home4Sports.com and I have that reciept still along with that bat.

4. mundy007

mundy007 Addicted to Softballfans

i don't like getting in the middle of these things... but i think jon went above and beyond... he stated what was wrong with the paypal, and even was going to let corey back out of the deal... and still jon is willing to get softballjunk.com involved to get him the correct receipt... i know how it is to get frustrated with deals, but jon spelled everything out for corey... seems like jon is in the right...

5. Jon21770

I also just remembered that when I found out that softballjunk.com had some crush's in stock that day I put the following two posts on the open board to let everyone know about them. As you can see from the two posts below they verify what I said about what I did the day I bought that bat.

Crush In Stock

08-14-2003, 01:05 PM
    Crush In Stock Post #1

Jon21770

SoftballJunk.com seems to have all sizes of the crush in stock as of today. I placed my order a couple of minutes ago. Just wanted to pass it on.

Report Post | IP: Logged

08-14-2003, 01:24 PM
    Post #2

Jon21770

I just called SoftballJunk to confirm my order and that they have the Crush in stock. Their rep told me that they have now pulled them off of the website because they basically sold out of them in about 30 minutes. Here is what he told me. They are off of the website (listed again as out of stock). They are completely sold out of the 26oz. They have some 27oz and 28oz left but are not listed on the website. If you are looking for one you may want to give them a call. Number is on the website.

Report Post | IP: Logged

6. jwilco01

'''

It is easy to tell someone you will cancel the deal after they have already made payment to you. Also, I have emailed Jon twice about the receipt, and regardless of what he says he has not responded either time. Also, a company would not print a receipt for a 26oz bat when they are selling a 27. They dont print the receipt before they sell the bat. If so, you should have contacted them about it when you received it. I will not be able to send this bat back with this receipt to Mizuno with this showing on the receipt. Otherwise everyone would just be making copies of receipts and crossing out the weights and using them. Do not make me out to be the bad guy here. How you can complain about me when I made payment immediately after talking to you is beyond me. I am not saying Jon is a bad guy, the bat was in good shape as he said. He just failed to mention a few big details until after the deal was complete.

7. jwilco01

Also, I am not saying who is in the right and who isnt. This is Sales Feedback, so I just wanted to pass this along to everyone so they can be aware of it.

8. Jon21770

The payment could have been easily canceled through paypal. You wanted to continue on with the deal. You say you arent calling me a bad guy here, yet you continue to say I am lying about that reciept. I am telling you exactly what happened with that reciept and offering to fix it for you. I did not have it fixed when I owned the bat because I really dont think it will be a problem to return the bat. I know what happened with the reciept and I know that if I ever needed to return that bat I would be able to. Also, you are saying that you have emailed me twice about the reciept which is not true. You responded to my email in which I asked if you received the bat and to let me know if there were any problems. I have the copy of that email still. That is the only one that I have gotten from you that you brought up the reciept in. You also said you were going to give negative feedback on the deal. You didnt even give me a chance to read it and respond to it before you came here and started these posts. When I did read it when I got home from work that day I responded to you right away (have copy of that email also). I then came here to see that you hadn't waited to here from me and just assumed that I was trying to pull one over on you.

Bottom line is that you are calling me a liar and the fact is everything I am saying is the truth. I have offered to cancel the deal, fix the reciept and make everything right. You arent interested in doing that, fine. You are posting negative feedback because you were upset about me waiting the four days to send you a practically brand new crush for $135 when Paypal told me not to, fine. Everyone can figure out for themselves what happened here.

9. Jon21770

With this being the sales feedback board I would just like to let everyone know that I wouldnt do another deal with Corey. As I said before I think he tried to change our deal in the middle of it and then slammed me on these boards when I wanted to stick to it. As he said, the bat that I sent him was in great shape just like I told him.

10. jwilco01

Jon, went above and beyond what most people would do to make this deal work. I would definitely recommend dealing with him. My fault for jumping the gun to fast. Sorry, Jon