Looking For An Older Glove

Discussion in 'Louisville Slugger' started by laiden, May 6, 2018.

1. laiden

laiden New Member

Hello to all.

I don't want to take up any more of your time than necessary so I'll get right to it.

I had a Louisville Slugger TPS glove growing up, bought it in 1995-1996. Used it through middle school, high school and even in Germany to play in the highest league they had there. Long story short, I shelved my glove some years back after I torn my labrum. My children are starting to get into the sport though and thought I'd dig it back out and do what I can with it. As it turns out, my parents cleaned out their storage and thew a fair few things of mine away without telling me... my glove one of those things.

I'm sure anyone who grew up with the same glove knows how things are with it... more than just equipment. So anyhow, I'm trying to find a replacement but I can't seem to find the right model. Unfortunately I cannot remember and that bothers me to no end.

It is very much like a GTPS-9(like the only one on eBay right now), same webbing, etc. It was darker brown version with the black lace, finger hole and if I remember right red stitching on the back of, I thought Louisville(like the AP1200) but possibly just TPS. That isn't too hard to find really but what makes it different from any regular GTPS-9 that I can find is that I know it had the Velcro adjustment strips on the sides, like the AP1200's also. It is as if it is a combonation of the two gloves, but definitely was a TPS.

Could anyone help with the model? I've spent many, many hours searching. Even as far as using the WayBackMachine archiving to try and look up old sites/catalogs.

It felt really bad to find out the glove was gone and I apparently cannot figure it out on my own. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. etnstudios

etnstudios Addicted to Softballfans

try posting this in the glove section. more experts over there and you might get lucky

3. laiden

laiden New Member

Thanks for the info, makes sense.

4. kaleemkhan

kaleemkhan New Member

Yes, 1st this is not glove thread and 2nd my suggestion is to buy new one.