Need some help from my board bro's please

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by bignjboyincharg, Aug 28, 2007.

1. bignjboyincharg

bignjboyincharg Addicted to Softballfans

Bought bat that was discribed as having a paint chip well when i got that bat i can only decribe it as looking like a 3-4" gouge across the sweetspot of the bat i PMed the person i bought it from and told them that i wasn't happy about the so called paint chip and that i wanted to return the bat to them cause it was not in the condition that was described.
    He says " refunding my money is out of the question."

i wanted some thought on this anyone feel this what is just a paint chip??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AJ22

AJ22 Super Moderator

Would have to see all the pm's and what the actual deal was.... did you get any pictures before hand ?? What was the selling price ?? Was the shipping box damaged ?? There is alot more that is involved when asking for "opinions" on how to handle these situations......

I'd say if the bat wasn't as described, then you are entilted to your money back. But like I said (read all the above) ......btw, it does look like a paint chip more than a gouge.

3. berglin11

berglin11 Addicted to Softballfans

Agreed. The more details you can list in pm's the better for everyone. Also that is why I always request pics of used bats, safer for everyone.

4. bignjboyincharg

bignjboyincharg Addicted to Softballfans

SELLER I actually had not seen the bat until you bought it already, the guy I got it from called it a paint chip and I never saw any pics from him. I never even swung the bat.
    MY Reply well you could have gave me the heads up... can't say i'm to happy about paying $145 for a Bat with 3-4" gouge across the sweetspot.Thats not G2G the bat was not as described ya know? i understand you didnt know not your fault ..but not mine either.. Mind if i ship it back to you?..
    SELLER $145 for that bat is a discount compared to what they normally go for, so I can't say that you didn't get your money's worth, nor can I say the bat wasn't as described, because I couldn't tell you any different. I am sorry, but I don't have the $145 any longer, I bought some other gear with it immediately after our deal was done.
    MY reply Well the bat was decribed to ME as having a paint chip...there is GOUGE that is 3-4" across the sweetspot and is not to me consitered a paint chip.. if it was decribed to you that way you have to deal with the other person yourself ..when can you make good on this.. i thank you for your communication but this needs to be resloved asap
    SELLER What do you want, obviously I don't have the $145? I really don't mean to come off like this, but it seems to me that you had no problem with the bat until you realized that I hadn't owned it for the full life of the bat, and I saw the bat, the chip/gouge isn't nearly as bad as you are making it sound. Like I said, what do you want me to do to make this right, and the $145 is out of the question.
    i then replied that i have had a problem with the bat since i pulled it out of the box and i am more then willing to work with him on getting this resloved and ask when can he make good?
    i have not heard back since

5. Josh#23

Josh#23 Guest

This deal reeks of incompetence here! How can someone sell a bat that they have never seen if it's used and then won't honor a refund?!? That's really shady! That part stinks, but the part that really sucks is that you should have requested pics of the bat beforehand to make sure you knew what you were getting into.... The response of "you didn't seem to have a problem with it until you realized that I didn't own it" is just a copout!

6. daveruth

daveruth You better lock it up....

The guy you dealt with needs to realize that sometimes a refund is part of doing deals like this. I would say he definately owes you a little $ back as the bat was not as described. I understand where he is coming from never seeing the bat before the deal, but that is a chance you take and sometimes you have to eat a little $ to make a deal right. I hope this gets straightened out, bignjboyincharg is GTG and we will do what we can to help you out. Put his info out there if you don't hear back from him in what you consider a reasonable amount of time and someone will track him down. That is swhat makes this board so great!

7. nike17

nike17 Rec - talent but I play D

What weight

is the Crush? It looks like a 27 but I can't tell for sure......