New Jeff Hall Bat

Discussion in 'Louisville Slugger' started by yahtzee3, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Jbird-21

Jbird-21 Manager

been a bunch of demos all over USA in the last 3 months..

2. jhitman

jhitman Well-Known Member

Will there be one for USSSA and will it be endloaded?

#32 jhitman, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  3. jhitman

I saw that it will have a 1/1/2018 release date. If it's like the Z1000 but even better I would be in the market for one.

4. Jbird-21

Jbird-21 Manager

pre orders 1-1 and drop date 2-1 and yes there actually better than the z1 we tested it side by side a z1 28 bal and the new one beat it out in exit speed distance and durabiltiy.. its huge for ls.. old ls guys will love it..had mush balls thrown in at a tourney and the new z1 crushed them... like i said I'm not here to hype it all up the bat will easily speak for its self. jeff hall is pushing it like crazy and there is a reason why cause its that good..

5. SBfanz42

SBfanz42 Member

Was this with ASA or Utrip?

6. SandyWH

SandyWH GRIT rep

Will there be a balanced version? Only seen EL and 0.5 so far.

7. Jbird-21

Jbird-21 Manager

usssa for now.. .5 el and progressive el on the steven loyed model.. the .5 fees very bal to me but thats my opinion..

asa is in testing right now with 2 asa only bats that are on track to be something big..

8. Jbird-21

Jbird-21 Manager

you guys can follow me on fb also jason mcewen.. i post a lot about new ls and demar stuff..

SBfanz42 likes this.
  9. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Anyone hit the Utrips that isn't a biased LS/Demarini rep or a poser wannabe rep fan boy?

I want real reviews from the unsponsored unpayed players.

Is LS "really" back in the game?

Cause the marketing efforts to date look like the same old scheme from the past to sell a repaint to me.

The others have been out there with demos for the masses to formulate an opinion.

10. FranDog33

FranDog33 Coach

starting to sound a little like Carl

11. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

To date all the marketing on Z1000 2018 has seemed a little like that to me.

And anyone with an unbiased review swung a Proto... We've all been had this way before too. Not naive. And videos of rep putting one in tester and showing pass/fail doesn't sell me a bat either.

LS has a bit of the boy who cried wolf syndrome. Big claims for about 3 years now with underwhelming product that follows. Forgive my skepticism. The last Super Z I swung woulda been great, if the barrel itself ever popped like Miken/Worth, Nighthawks or Easton Flexes. The Flexy handle always made for fun cutting the ball, but it needs comparable competing pop.

Look forward to more public unbiased reviews.

Personally awaiting to demo the Bal version rumoured to be a sig bat here in Canada for our own Jason Legault.

I'd love to be proven wrong for once by LS.

4xtra and SBfanz42 like this.
  12. jhitman

Once you demo can give us an update? I would like it to be like the Z-1000 with a little extra. IMO, it was the only LS bat I have swung from the Z line that was worth anything. I hope the hype is right this time because LS has been slowly phased out of the top tier bats over the last several years.

13. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Will do. We all hope the same thing.

We would all love a Super Z with a barrel that rivals the top 3 makers in Utrip these days.

Even here in the days of 40/375 balls the OG Z2000 and Canadian Catty OG 2pc bats with due work in them were great.

The 52/300 ball gave way for Worth/Miken 2pc Utrip bats to take over the market. Then Mizuno and Easton eventually offered bats that got to the same level. But the Z2000 RI, Z3/4000 and Super Z lines never quite got on that level. Albeit some had a good feel, just lacked performance. Noticeably.

I even went through trying to work in the 2016 Super Z with absolute rocks for balls and 600 hits or so later, still felt like a dud vs a NOW Miken.

14. Jusrah99

Jusrah99 Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

I had limited swings on the proto and it’s definitely gonna get LS back in the game. I didn’t get enough to get a full review, but it matched up against the new Miken/Worth stuff that we were swinging just fine.

I’ll see if i can get my buddy to let me swing the demos and the 2018 bats he has and write a better review soon...

15. jhitman

I agree on the Z line. My buddy has one that we hit with the higher compression softballs and it never got better. In one of our BP sessions I was hitting a good number of balls over the fence with my Miken's...... picked up his dead Z bat (think it was a 3000...not sure) and felt like it had no pop at all. We all took turns with it and a complete dud. He was going to put in on Ebay just to get rid of it and get a newer Worth or Miken. Sad for me because I had the silver and black Z1000 and it was my gamer right from the get go.

16. jhitman

Thanks man. I appreciate that. If it's along the lines of the OG Z1000 I would be up for getting one. Need one more bat for 2018. Any information you can provide would be helpful. After making such a great bat in the Z1000 I don't know why LS would go away from that specific technology to make complete duds for the last 3-4 years.

#46 jhitman, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 3:06 PM
  17. SBfanz42

SBfanz42 Member

Ditto to all these comments. Eager to hear a review on this new Z1000. Asa especially ... eyeing some OG Z’s on the bay but hoping my money will be better spent on this new line.

18. Jerrshoe

Jerrshoe Active Member

I think the Worth looked like he had just pulled the plastic off and the grip on the LS looked like it had been pretty well broken in.