New Jeff Hall Bat

Discussion in 'Louisville Slugger' started by yahtzee3, Sep 20, 2017.

1. jhitman

jhitman Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the updates. I think I've narrowed it down to the Jeff Hall, Psycho and Freak23. I never cared for the DeMarini bats anyways, but some around here swear by them. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Was hoping to pick up another Freak30 but can't seem to get a good price on them. For me it was the best bat from last year.

2. jhitman

The one I was referring to was the black and silver Z-1000. That bat was a tank for me. Got 2 years use out of it and sold it for just $30 under what I paid for it. My teammate bought it and never broke it, but at the end it had lost it's original pop....after about 4-5,000 hits.

3. ShortYellowBus

ShortYellowBus Active Member

I’ve tried to give the LS Z bats a chance.

Grit blast, multiple piece technology and various exclusives had me coming back to try new bat tech. Not to mention I’m a sucker for good deals, especially if they come with a warranty.

However, they were fragile (cracked handles and barrels) which meant it was another NR bat in the closet.

I’ll try the new Jeff Hall. I’m cautiously optimistic. I miss the pings.

4. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Demarini I feel in Utrip gets a lot of love from guys who get to hit harder balls more often. For us 52/300 and occasional 40/375 they just never are at the Miken/Worth/Easton Flex and etc level if that makes sense. Newbreed was a step closer but I am not sure if I can say 2018 is another step tbh. And feel wise to me, they just aren't my wheelhouse.

Freak 23 is sick - Great continuation of the neon stick F30 last year for what the prices are, i'd lineup the 23. It looks better to me anyways.

Psycho is an excellent bat, but I don't love its look this year. I thought the black was cooler. Both perform awesome. Something about the icy purple & ice blue etc. Mind you I swing a Worth Dedonatis 18 -- Different purple & yellow though more LA Lakers

5. jhitman

I was leaning towards the Freak23 and if it's similar to the Freak30 it's a great bat. Just not going to pay full price for it so I need to shop around a bit. I'm kind of holding off for now as we don't really get going until March. I want to get some more feedback on the Jeff Hall bat too. It sounds like LS has made a strong comeback with that bat and if it's like the Z1 it might be a bat to have for 2018.

6. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Yeah I need to get outside with a Z1

I mean we hit in a dome with about 160-180ft of carry before the wall. So we get a good sense of feel and exit speed but missing the 3rd component which is the downrange carry.

In years past we'd hit some demos with great potential but get outside and they fall short of the Miken/Worths, or like the Nighthawk did 2 winters ago shock us when they keep up.

Hoping to see this one bring them back. Nice when everyone is making something great.

7. Sloth91

Sloth91 Active Member

i've heard a lot of people saying the freak 23 breaks easily. as far as performance goes, it seemed like a re-painted freak 30 AT BEST to me. i would go for another freak 30 if you liked it. just my 2 cents

8. Joker

Joker Well-Known Member

new bats breaking in the winter? this is breaking news

9. Sloth91

Sloth91 Active Member

yeah bats breaking during indoor bp is pretty normal

10. Joker

Joker Well-Known Member

yet it happens every year then concerns stop when the weather warms up. it's a mystery

11. jhitman

I have 2 Freak30's and I like them a lot. Best bat I swung last year. Went with a Fire Flex to add a little diversity. Always liked the old Easton's so hoping the new technology will put them back in the game. It's too cold here to do anything for a while so will need to wait until March to swing it.

bird25 likes this.
  12. Sloth91

Sloth91 Active Member

new helmer is fire but i'm not paying for an exclusive just to get a short barrel. i'll wait it out

13. jhitman

I have a Fire Flex on pre-order for next week. Just saw the new Jeff Hall bat and it's tempting too. If it hits like the OG Z-1000 I might have to get me one. Like to see some more reviews first.

14. Sloth91

Sloth91 Active Member

you get the balanced or end load fire flex?

15. jhitman

Endloaded. The video I saw said it's not too endloaded so that works for me. Can't wait to swing this thing to see how it compares to my Freak30.

16. House00

House00 Slingin' lead!

i bought a 2016 Z4 on the bay for $55 and just returned it for a Hall1k... too bad I have a broken arm and cant swing it :|

Rooster210 likes this.
  17. Party mafia

Party mafia Active Member

Dam that is a good deal. How did you get a valid reciept for the bat when you purchase off the Bay?

18. Sloth91

Sloth91 Active Member

same thought went through my head. i guess he was lucky enough to buy it from someone who kept it and he just asked before he bid

bird25 and ShortYellowBus like this.
  19. andjayik

andjayik Manager

We had a indoor bp session and hall was there, we had a chance to demo his bat and it was the best Slugger ive swung. I used to own the Z2000 el and balanced several years ago but swing miken now. If u were a fan of the Z1000 then they actually did a good job with this. He was a awesome guy!!

20. jhitman

I almost pulled the trigger on one as I loved the OG Z1000. I went with a Fire Flex instead. The bat is still on my radar. Just would like to see it in action before buying one. Jeff Hall demoing it doesn't work for me as he could hit with a broom stick and hit the ball 400'.

21. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

There are legit dealers who sell bats on the bay, Sbf has a store on there...