NSA going to 44 cor balls???

Discussion in 'NSA' started by bbaum17, Mar 13, 2017.

1. SevenBizzos

SevenBizzos The R

The way NSA's player points system is set up, it should take the director's discretion out of it. Your point value is your point value. You're not classified by color level any more.

Managers enter their roster and the calculator tells them what level they are.

And USSSA/GSL has zero roster policing and local directors help teams for "all-star" teams to send to Florida. During the season you can be on multiple rosters and the system lets you. I even put a "C Level of higher only" player on my D roster and the system didn't even care.
    Then Worlds comes and they take the top few players from some local teams and send them to Florida as one team. You'll see the team photo and know that most of the guys played with other teams all season. The director's response to this is "everyone does it". Yeah, that's the problem.

2. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

That is the problem everywhere. These area directors act like they get a major TV deal out of having the champ come from their state.

What you actually get is diminishing participation numbers every year because your authorities are taking part in unfair play practices.

3. Jorge Valderama

Jorge Valderama Well-Known Member

You should be getting fined if your teams win worlds.

4. Jorge Valderama

If you've had a history of sandbagging you can keep doing it tho. Rarely are individual players bumped.

Utrip - C players can play D, you get min 3 higher classes players with no issues what so ever. What the problem stems from, is like 3 D teams combining with their 4 best players. All show D class history and thus are D, when the team is probably of B strength. That is what has to be stopped. Their is a player classifcation commitee now, but they only mess with C and higher, when most problems are in the D-E area

5. LSX Freak

LSX Freak Super Moderator

Hahaha! That's hilarious. Maybe he's a big M fan and that's his way of getting back at me :confused:

To my konwledge, every state BUT Missouri went to the add a player option for tournaments last year. Up to 4 (I think) players per tournament can be picked up.
    I agree 100%. Points are points. We played by THEIR rules and still got docked for it. I was on a Silver roster. They bumped us and another team to Gold. Since I didn't find somewhere else to play on a Silver roster and check into a tournament before the season was over, now myself and everyone in the same boat is a classified as a Gold player for 2016. Thankfully we don't play much NSA so it's not an issue. While color level isn't a thing anymore, it's an unnecessary bump to my point value.

Meanwhile, the director's team slipped through the cracks at ASA Church State a few years ago and were walking around cussing and drinking in between games in the parking lot... Was so satisfying to watch them lose after they went through all of that just to sandbag a tournament.

6. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

Just the GSL stamp.

7. SC NSA

SC NSA Starting Player

Not sure on the ball switch BUT NSA WILL NEVER GO TO A 1 MANUFACTURER

8. sscroggin

sscroggin Yada Yada Yada

I am hearing the 44/400's are indeed coming back next year and my source is my NSA director.

bbaum17 likes this.
  9. SevenBizzos

SevenBizzos The R

Well NSA is now non-existent around here. I asked a lot of guys that use to play why they don't play NSA anymore and the #1 reason is the .52. It's not even close.

bbaum17 likes this.
  10. c.mathews23

c.mathews23 Addicted to Softballfans

I haven't seen ASA around here in years. Just about everyone but ASA is in TN.

Where in KY are you?

11. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

I will never understand that. Saw a guy hit basically in the temple by a bad hop Saturday basically shake it off. Even if that's a44/400 he has to go to the hospital. We were hitting zn classic ms (you could hit either) and they didn't sound any better or fly further.

12. c.mathews23

c.mathews23 Addicted to Softballfans

I took a bad hop with a 52 a couple years ago right under my eye. Had to go to the ER, came close to having surgery on my eye but was lucky. I would guess if it was a 44 I would've been in the operating room lol.

I didn't like the 52's at first but so used to them now it doesn't bother me anymore.

13. Jorge Valderama

you gotta charge them as infielder. Even with a great arm, charge. That 3rd and 4th hop are the bad ones. 1/3 less damage upon contact tho is a Major deal, major.

I got smoked a few times pitching and the difference is 2-3 day bruise vs 2-3 week bruise

c.mathews23 likes this.
  14. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

I got hit pitching bp, I know, right on the screw where my ACL was repaired, and it still just knotted up for a few days. There's barely any meat there below your knee. I'd hate to have seen it with an m or harder.

15. Bobby Buggs

Bobby Buggs SBF Site Sponsor

Got squared up by a Evil BP rocket in the thigh lasted 4 weeks.
    [​IMG]

16. tonyjohnson619

Ouch...

17. TWmccoy

TWmccoy <font color="#FF0000">3DX Connoisseur</font>

ALL sanctions should go to .52 300s and keep them. .44 400s are too hard, and in cold/cool weather they're zero fun to play with. .52s in the heat do take some skill to hit out, but so what. Isn't softball supposed to take skill to be good at?

I for one prefer playing with .52s over any other ball. Anyone who quits a sanction over the fact that they use .52s is a freaking pansy.

From a safety standpoint, .52s are FAR safer than any other ball. I see guys get hit with thrown and batted balls frequently. They never get seriously injured. That wasn't the case at all with .44s or classic Ms.

.52s will bounce erratically on the infield at times, but all the guys I know who play with them have become used to it and learned how to safely field them.

chrometip78 likes this.
  18. chile

chile aquatic

As much fun as hitting the harder ball is, I don't agree with the change, either. Have fun hitting the new bats with those...

19. chile

chile aquatic

This made me laugh harder than is should have... Softball Country...#memories

20. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

Our first baseman hit a guy in the back of the head just last night. Luckily he had his hat on backward and the bill deflected it.

21. Jorge Valderama

He wouldn't have done that on my field- every ump who posts here

22. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

What?

23. bigwrig6

bigwrig6 Addicted to Softballfans

Doesn't matter what ball they use, I'll crush it 675' with my shaved Easton Hammer.