NSA going to 44 cor balls???

Discussion in 'NSA' started by bbaum17, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Jorge Valderama

Jorge Valderama Well-Known Member

big deal at this point, they've been out of production for what 6-7 years now? Not like they are any better than the new stamp bats.

2. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

I fail to see why the ball thing for NSA is such a big deal. If NSA is losing teams/money I have to think its for some reason other than balls. USSSA and ASA also use .52 275 balls and I don't see a ton of griping because of it. Hell, I've been hitting .52s in league and tournaments now for close to 10 years. The balls really aren't a huge deal.

I guess I don't mind that NSA is bringing back the .44 400, but I like that they're still keeping the .52 275 as an option.

3. chile

chile aquatic

my only gripe with 52/275s here is the badens they use go to mush way too fast...

4. 4xtra

4xtra Manager

Im actually start to like 52's.I have been swinging a Old School Demarini One that I got on here and it is KILLIN the 52..
    It is not really a bad performing ball at all.

And you are correct about the saftey factor with the 52 vs a 44/400.
    Those 44/400 are missiles and I have seen girls get hit hard with a 52 and they dont even flinch.

5. TWmccoy

TWmccoy 3DX Connoisseur

Badens have gone to crap lately. The C+ ones are terrible now. They used to be among the best C+ balls out there. Not anymore.

6. Jorge Valderama

Baden got audited. Remember Apex balls and how hot they were for a while, audited.

7. Tictac020

Tictac020 Addicted to BP

I can’t believe they are switching back to the 44/400 balls! Used to play crap teams who would hit pop up homers because we played with that ball and they thought their team was badas$......now we went to 52/275’s and our team is working folks and all the sudden a bunch of fatties and no defense teams complaining about the 52 balls.....I hit 37 homers last yr all with the 52 and I am a little guy! But I use good whip and am a pretty good hitter. I hate this move back to 44’s honestly....I play CF and I could track and run down most balls.....now bringing 44’s back and balls are being rocketed off the fence by crap players......annoying

8. bakesta72

bakesta72 SBF original

its because you make internet videos....

9. Bobby Buggs

Bobby Buggs SBF Site Sponsor

Im going to build what ever they tell me to build and its gonna be Evil.

LSX Freak likes this.
  10. clementeunknown

clementeunknown Addicted to Softballfans

They'll switch back after all the ***** fits about broken bats

11. jhitman

jhitman Well-Known Member

It's pretty much all ASA here with the exception of some coed leagues. I think we have been hitting 52's for close to 10 years too. I don't see our LD's ever switching back. There has been talk in the 50+ leagues of going back to 44's, but the switch has never been passed. Most of the senior guys would like the switch as most don't like the 52's. The safety issue seems to be the determining factor. I have seen far less injuries since we went to the 52's. The only detriment is the occasional bad hops you get with them from time to time. My personal preference is that we stay with the 52's as there are only a handful of us that can hit them out. Back in the day with the 47 cor 525 comps or the 44 cor 375 comps almost everyone was hitting them out.

12. SevenBizzos

SevenBizzos The R

I can only report what people have told me. USSSA/GSL is the only local way to play now.

NSA pays winners, has a better roster system, and lets you hit your own balls. It's an overall a better sanction, but it's dead. It's not like people are huge fans of dancing pitchers and ankle high strikes. So it must be something - and the ball seemed to be the #1 reason. I think they acted too late, but we'll have to see.

13. LSX Freak

LSX Freak Super Moderator

Most of the internet seems to hate said videos though. IJS.

14. clementeunknown

clementeunknown Addicted to Softballfans

Your vids are good, short and to the point and they don't drag on. There's just too many internet tough guys.

LSX Freak likes this.
  15. bakesta72

bakesta72 SBF original

And most of the Internet sucks!!

I watch your videos more than any other channel on YouTube. Keep pumping them out for the average guy like myself.

LSX Freak, D-ROCK13 and jbo911 like this.
  16. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

Because most softball players are bitches. The gsl ball is a decent ball for July here. The rest of the time it's way too much. Add in the dhh and you have softball player heaven. All offense and no defense.

17. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

Serious question, what are they going to do about compression? NSA used to test bats over and over again, and if they didn't pass at any time the bat was banned. What's going to happen when they test a freak 30 that's failing compression and it surpasses 1.20 bpf? Are they going to ban them? I bet every worth and miken fails eventually because they haven't cared about that for ages with compression testing. As long as their bat fails compression before surpassing 1.20 utrip wouldn't have cared.

18. msw4indy

msw4indy Addicted to Softballfans

I have watched your videos enough that my wife, who doesn't know a thing about softball except that I play, even asks what bat you are reviewing when she hears your voice;)

19. Jorge Valderama

I'm fairly certain they cannot ban them, since they licensed them and took money for them. New standard could come about, but won't. This is a last chance money play here, they are throwing safety out the window completely in hopes to regain market share. Its not gonna work. Softball is contracting too much on a national level.

20. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

I haven't kept up with NSA since 2007 directly, but that was the big deal with miken in 2004/5. Miken wouldn't sign the NSA freak because they said they were going to buy bats if the shelves, unannounced, and test them and hit them and test them and hit them, and if they ever failed bpf they were going to ban them. The 2012 stamp might be because they took that wording out, but that was how it used to be. Freaks weren't legal in NSA and people could never figure it out. They finally came to an agreement obviously, but you get my meaning. I agree, NSA is so small I doubt anyone cares.