Poor customer service.....

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by rknagle, Jul 14, 2004.

1. rknagle

rknagle Luvin Life

Be careful when ordering online from JJ Sports. AKA batsbatsbats.com

They lack seriously in the customer service department!!!!! I have had a few other transactions with them that went pretty smooth until now!!! They didnt seem to give a rats a.s.s about me once they had my money!!!! :mad: :mad:

Just a friendly warning that may save you a headache!!!!

2. Shawnf#5

Shawnf#5 ugh!

That is odd.I have been purchasing from them for at least 4 years now. While, I have never had to return anything to them. I have had nothing but great experinces from them. (Bats,gloves,cleats)

3. rknagle

rknagle Luvin Life

I bought something from them before also with no hitch.....thats why I went back to them. Boy did they screw this one up!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! To many other places to buy stuff without them........

4. stickem

stickem Active Member

no problem here. bought my techzilla and arrived within the week.

5. Hawaiian

Hawaiian D4LIFE

I know people don't like to hang their dirty lundry in public, but I believe in a situation like this you really need to state why customer service is bad?

Because to be honest, all I've really heard was "They lack seriously in the customer service department!!!!!", but no reason why you feel they lack in the customer service area. There just isn't any substance unless you explain it, if you know what I mean?

#5 Hawaiian, Jul 14, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  6. Chris_R

Chris_R I Thought I Reacted Well

You say your other experiences with them have been good. Why boycott them for one mistake.

7. geronimo

geronimo Addicted to Softballfans

i have had nothing but good transactions with them spent 2000$ over the last 2 years bats-bags-gloves

8. stickem

stickem Active Member

i've had good customer relations with them. could tell me where and when my bat was when i got anxious. will deal with them in the future. and by the way my bat got to me in 4 days, 2500 miles away.

9. Jon21770

Jon21770 Addicted to Softballfans

I purchased a pair of 3n2's from them a few months ago. I ordered the turf shoes but they mistakenly sent me the cleats. Called them and they sent out the right shoes right away and had UPS picked up the ones they mistakenly sent. Mistakes happen, it's how they handle them that counts. They handled mine well.

10. Sixx

Sixx Captain Obvious

good question, what was so bad??

11. hotcornernoprob

hotcornernoprob Not A Banned User

I had a problem with them also but they fixed it up within a weeks time and I live in Italy. Great Customer Service.

12. rknagle

rknagle Luvin Life

I understand the fact that many others have had good customer service dealings with them, but it only takes one time to put a bad taste in a customers mouth. Also with ALL the other places out there to get softball equipment, you have to be good all the time!!!!! I work in a technical service roll with daily contact with my customers & I know I couldnt just push my customers off the way they did me!!! Here is what I wrote to them.........

Sales,

As a point of customer contact for my company I know a good bit about taking care of my customers. Unfortunately I see your company is lacking in that area. I ordered my second bat in a little over a year from JJ Sports on June 29th. Today is July 14th and I still don't have my bat.

First I do understand that couriers like FedEx and UPS are typically reliable, but do falter at times. That is when you rely on your customer service to make the situation right and satisfy the customer. This ensures the customer is happy and will come back.

When I ordered on June 29th, you shipped my item out the next day via FedEx Ground. This is the service I asked for. On FedEx.com they stated the transit time from you to me is around 4 days. It goes without saying that I did not receive my bat in 4 days. Over a week and a half later I called & e-mailed Patsy at JJ Sports to track the item. It seems FedEx lost my bat. Once again I understand this happens. I was then told I am at the mercy of FedEx to find the item or declare it lost before they would ship me out a new bat. Remind you that I paid IMMEDIATLY and you have had my cash for several days. This is unacceptable. What should have happened was, a new bat should have been shipped out to me & the lost item rerouted back to you. After the bat was located by FedEx, it was re-routed back to you for what ever reason. Even though they knew it was coming back to you, they still waited to ship a new one out. Why is this?? I even requested to have the second shipment sent out Next Day since I have been waiting this long & it was sent out FedEx Saver and I got no response from Patsy.

I wanted to bring to your attention the serious lacking in your customer service department. Obviously JJ Sports is not concerned about their customers once they have their money. I will not be purchasing anymore softball equipment from your company & will let my many friends in the softball community know about this situation.

Do you think my company leaves our customers hanging for their ordered items when our couriers falter? No, we reship the items out immediately so they are happy and we hash things out between us and our courier afterwards.

Thanks,
    R. Keith Nagle

13. x66stangx

x66stangx New Member

i have used them for the last couple years thats really odd that you had a bad experiance thats been one of the easier places to shop online for me

14. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

That isn't very cool. I can't say I'd never use them again, but I'd definitely use everyone else first.

15. BigShep

BigShep Who's Your Daddy!

I agree with jbo -

As soon as it was determined that FedEx lost it, their dealing should have been with FedEx ... and immediately shipped you another bat, Next Day. Companies often make their reputation more on how they respond to 'problems' than how they do day-to-day business. Anderson is a prime case, where Nate steps up, big time.

16. Jon21770

Jon21770 Addicted to Softballfans

I have to agree with this. This is why it is important to state exactly what happened. As I said, I had a problem with them that they handled to my satisfaction, but had I been in the same boat as you I would have been very upset also. Not a good business practice on their part at all.

17. ZeroEight

ZeroEight New Member

Look guys, I'm not sure we should let one mistake write off the whole company. Mistakes do happen despite the best training in the world. One has to factor in the order was around the fourth of July. I would guess volumes are probably much higher than staff available to handle over this period. Perhaps we need to give these guys a break. If it happens regularly then, that is another story.

18. budman57

budman57 New Member

I beg to disagree

I've bought three bats from them and they are the best. Great communication and service. They even mailed me a bat (no tracking number) and when it hadn't shown up after three weeks they sent me out another one, no problem, and merely asked me to send the first one back if it showed up. I was expecting a battle but they were cool about it. Eventually it did show up (it had been misaddressed) and I sent it back, but I was very impressed that they were willing to send out a replacement immediately in order to make the customer happy.

#18 budman57, Jul 16, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  19. KingofOld

KingofOld Addicted to Softballfans

I ordered a techfire classic from them a while ago. A week or so went buy and I saw no shipping confirmation etc. I finally e-mailed them about my order. Several days later i get an e-mail saying that the techfire classic is out of stock. I wonder if they ever would have told me that. I immediately tell them to cancel my order. I then ordered one from somewhere else. Anothe week goes by and no response. Then all of a sudden I get a shipping confirmation from batsbatsbats.com. A few days later the classic that was out of stock from them shows up. So I'm stuck w/two bats. It was all sorted out eventually but I mean what a pain. The thing I am most upset about is that they didn't tell me that the bat was out of stock delaying my getting a classic longer than I had to.

20. Audiyoda

Audiyoda I Likee Do da Cha Cha

I've had no problems with then whatsoever. Funny since I ordered a 2004 3DX from them that was lost via FedEx ground and was quickly replaced and shipped via UPS overnight at no cost. I've since ordered a new glove and plenty of 'accessories' (bag, balls, tape...) as well.

One thing I noticed quickly was your letter really seemed to almost put down their service. Granted, they should get you a new bat ASAP, but it seems to me your throwing quite a few darts at them that I'm sure put them on the defensive. Things like:
    Granted, they handled your situation wrong at every turn. But...from my perspective, you gave them little reason to help you - you put then on the defensive from the onset. I also work with impatient customers on a daily basis and the ones that dig at me get my attention when I've got time. The customers that understand $hit happens and that I've got more than a full load on my plate get my best attention. It's all in the attitude.

Just my $.02.

#20 Audiyoda, Jul 16, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  21. SuperDup

SuperDup Addicted to Softballfans

I ordered a techfire classic from them a while ago. A week or so went buy and I saw no shipping confirmation etc. I finally e-mailed them about my order. Several days later i get an e-mail saying that the techfire classic is out of stock. I wonder if they ever would have told me that. I immediately tell them to cancel my order. I then ordered one from somewhere else. Anothe week goes by and no response. Then all of a sudden I get a shipping confirmation from batsbatsbats.com. A few days later the classic that was out of stock from them shows up. So I'm stuck w/two bats. It was all sorted out eventually but I mean what a pain. The thing I am most upset about is that they didn't tell me that the bat was out of stock delaying my getting a classic longer than I had to

This story is very similer to a situation I had with batsbatsbats.com back in July of 2002. I ordered a Miken Ultra Maxload on 6/22 of that year and was told that the bat would be shipping in 7-10 days. Needless to say after 10 days and the bat had still had not shipped I started emailing questions, mainly the status of my order and when it was planning to be shipped. I basically got the runaround for about 2 weeks that Miken had delayed shipment for one reason or another. I was assured that when the bats came in I would high on the list to receive a bat because of the date I had placed the order and the fact that I had ordered from batsbatsbats in the past.

When it came down to it after numerous calls and emails, I found out that the bats were on back order since 6/12, ten days before I had placed my order. In fact batsbatsbats had known that Miken was delaying shipment of the Maxloads because Miken was concentrating on the Balanced versions and there was a chance that they were not going to get any in. If batsbatsbats would have been up front with me in the begining about where I stood and what was actually happening, I would have just cancelled to order or never ordered the bat in the first place and instead bought something else. But they did not, so I also do not use them anymore for any of my softball needs.

I understand that probably every company out there has a story similer to this, but unfortunately we can only make our choices based on experiences that we or someone we know has had.

Fortunately selling softball equipment is not a monopoly and there is many companies to choose from, so it is great to have a forum like this to voice our opinions and stories.

22. rknagle

rknagle Luvin Life

I totaly agree. I didnt respond with the letter intil AFTER I had the bat & the transaction was over. Until then, I was cooperative in every aspect. That is why I was unpleased!! The had no reason to neglect the situation like they did.....and once I got my bat, I let them know that.

23. hotcorner1268

hotcorner1268 Master Baiter

I've had happy dealings with them, but hey, everyone drops the ball sometimes ;) (pun intended). Heck, I've had problems with AMEX in the past, but at other times, like when a local car deal wouldn't return my $500 deposit, they stepped up and cancelled the transaction. So despite a few annoyances in the past I was sure happy to be a "member" when it counted most. Perhaps batsbatsbats will do the right thing next time (though assumedly it will be for someone else).

24. CHEAPBATS.COM

CHEAPBATS.COM Manager

We (Cheapbats.com) used to ship FedEx but switched to UPS and have not had one problem with them in 6 months of service.

FedEx is pretty much horrible, and from one bat website to another, I do not know why they would deal with them. It may save them a few bucks per shipment, but having unhappy customers is not worth it.

We made the switch after they called me, and my customer (a UPS employee!) liars. :rolleyes:

And BTW, all you have to do is call FEDEX about a lost package and they will tell you instantly if your package will be delivered or not. Believe me, we had to do it more often than we liked.

#24 CHEAPBATS.COM, Aug 30, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  25. wahooman63

wahooman63 My Future Middle Shooter

Dude?!?!

This thread is from July 2004.

Anyway...I wouldn't worry about batsbatsbats.com their service is top notch.

26. duckman2

duckman2 Resident beer expert

I ordered some shorts from there a while back and had no probs. Although, shipping took a while.

27. Sonic625

Sonic625 The Admin
    Staff Member

That is one of the many downsides to living across the border. Customs would have it wether it came from JJ Sports or Softball Fans.

28. MarlSrSoftball

MarlSrSoftball Gettin Ready to Retire.

I stopped buying from them about a year ago because of a problem I had with a defective equip bag and sent it back and that is the last that Heard of it.

29. JJ27

JJ27 Grasshopper

I bought team bags from them last year and had a great experience. This year I emailed them 3 times to try and get the same deal and never got any return whatsoever. So they can GFT for all I care.

30. milocoman

milocoman Administrator
    Staff Member

SoftballFans ships express mail only to Canada to avoid these types of delays. Come to us next time you need something.