Rating Miken DC-41 Models

Discussion in 'Miken' started by kenbat, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

1. kenbat

kenbat Addicted to Softballfans

My son has been using my Miken DC-41 (original red knob, not the re-issue) and likes it very much. To get it back I would like to get a DC-41 for him for Christmas. Are any of the available newer ones as good or near as good as the the original red knob one? Or is there a Miken or Worth non-DC-41 as good? Thanks

2. Dars

Dars Addicted to Softballfans

Grab a Worth Purcell or Resmondo Legit. Same EL as the DCs, and feels pretty much the same.

3. Rooster210

Rooster210 Manager

would assume utrip since his son is using his red knob

4. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

How do you figure when the red knobs ran light on EL and swung more like a modern day 2pc Psycho Maxload than any of the black DCs with Supermax?

Purcell/Ressy are sledgy like the Black 15/16/17 DC

His son swings the 2014 OG model red knob.

Performance wise - He'd like just about any of them tbh. All good all worked in quicker after etc etc. Just swung with a heavier EL to me than the OGs.

If EL is a big reason he likes the OG - Might want to look at the Psycho 2017 or something Maxload.

Feel wise I love the OGs and the closest ones to it for me were the 2017 Psycho or DC and the Reissue White DCs. Also the Canadian exclusive Freakshow model in Supermax EL.

/My 2 cents...

Jusrah99 and uniballer like this.
  5. Dars

Neither my ASA DC or my Purcell feel sledgy to me. Both are 27s, and feel exactly like my teammates 4000 hit red knob DC. MY ed knob DC had a 1 oz EL, not sure how it is any lighter than anything in the past few years.

6. THESHOE

THESHOE Starting Player

Weird. General consensus here is the OGs lacked the full oz load all the following models seem to have.

FWIW - I think pick a load and go with 2017. They are all good. Freak PT was gross is Maxload is the choice, Psycho took longer but also very good once worked in. 2017 DC was just more of the good full load goodness.

My least favourite might be the 2015 black one, and I found the 2016 really soft smashed the Classic M or harder but felt too soft with 52/300 balls we game here. The 2015 first black DC41 has a cult like following much like OGs here. Probably has a lot to do with the 52/300 balls and its feel.

7. Dars

Yeah, pretty much any Miken or Worth is lights out in 2017 models.

Normy likes this.