SENIORS BEWARE: Have you ever been "stiffed" by Desert Falls Sports in Sandy Utah?

Discussion in 'Senior Softball Board' started by curveball, Apr 7, 2011.

1. curveball

curveball Addicted to Softballfans

Bought and paid for 3 UII's from the owner, Mark Meersman, made a huge mistake, trusted him after ordering several times from him. Sent $$$ Paypal gift!!! That was the last I've heard from him. Won't answer my emails, texted a fellow player in Salt Lake and said he shipped them. If they were shipped as he claims to someone else, I'd sure think he'd be trying to help me locate or turn in to insurance. Why else would you not stay in contact with someone who bought 11 bats from you in a couple of months!
    So, now I have to waste a ton of time and money and go the file a complaint route. I'm contacting Miken tomorrow, they may be on the complaint as Meersman is an authorized dealer. I'm unsure at this time if they have a responsibility in this type of matter. Guess the attorneys can sort it out.
    Unless you are getting a bat handed to you at his store, I'd say better be careful. From my experience, he's not to be trusted. Caution.

2. Audiyoda

Audiyoda I Likee Do da Cha Cha

I'm still clueless why people that are long time members of this board don't simply call up the SBF store and ask for a price. How hard is it? "I can get bat ABC for $X.YZ from dealer EFG. What could you do for me?" If they even come close to a matching price I'd go that route. The SBF store has never screwed anyone on these boards.

But you said it yourself, you made a huge mistake. Paypal won't do a thing for you since your money was sent as a gift - and since Paypal specifies that you are not covered for purchases made through gift payments, law enforcement's hands are going to be tied as well.

Good luck.

3. mstg25

mstg25 **OG Horsemen**

If you paid for it through Pay-Pal with your credit card, contact your credit card company. They WILL get your $ back. If you didn't.....:confused:

4. crdawg2521

crdawg2521 3n2 & Lizard Skins Rep.

So all of a sudden he asks you to pay via paypal and send as a "gift" vs. what how you previously paid? That should have been your first hint something was up.

Anyhow, you said you made a mistake and hopefully he will get you your bats asap.

Hopefully you did pay with a credit card via paypal and not via paypal directly tied to your checking as your credit card company "might" be able to help out.

5. floo56

floo56 Addicted to Softballfans

I would enjoy doing more business with SBF, but the shipping they charge to Hawaii makes it expensive....Aloha, Fabe

6. curveball

I do buy the majority of my bats from Chad here at SBF. There have been times when he didn't have the weights I've needed, or needed bat for someone ASAP(got bats in 1 day from Utah...with no shipping charge), and once in a while there are advertised prices on fleabay that can't be beat. Other than that, all my new bats come from SBF. Have purchased as many as 10 at a time from Chad; so I agree, good place to do business.
    Paypal was tied to my checking!
    I did save all emails showing the transaction, gift or not, I think he's still liable to send bats. He agreed to the price and payment type. He aknowledged her received the funds.

Once again, I admit my error in judgement and stupidity, posted with hopes I'd keep someone else from making the same mistake.

7. crdawg2521

crdawg2521 3n2 & Lizard Skins Rep.

8. bramptonfire

bramptonfire Bat Liquidator !

Wow Rob, that sucks.......hopefully you can get this sorted out quickly ! You're a great guy and don't deserve to be on the rotten end of any deal !

9. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens Addicted to Softballfans

...I concur!

10. bd22_pub

bd22_pub DOUGH BOYS #16

I say everyone call this company and complain to them for ripping off a fellow board member.......
    Mailing address:
    Desert Falls Sporting Goods
    9192 South 300 West
    Suite 4
    Sandy, Utah 84070
    Phone: 1 (801) 514-1612
    Phone: 1 (877) 430-1770

11. curveball

12. bb666b77

bb666b77 ODB

rob sic homer on his dumbazz,let him get bit in the sac......:eek:

13. kfferg

kfferg Banned User

I can drive by the store on my way home from work tonight, Mark has done some very good things for softball in Utah and I hope there is some sort of explanation.

14. curveball

I appreciate the offer.

I'm sure Mark has done some good things for softball in your area, but for some reason, he's gone bad on my deal. I had an offer from "Olie" in your area (I'm sure you know who he is) to help me out on this deal. I'm a current teammate of Russ Curtis, Olie knew him well. Tried to help, got nowhere with Mark. Mark would only communicate by either email or text with him. Not sure you can do any better, but I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

15. kfferg

kfferg Banned User

I actually have no idea who Olie is (no disrespect intended, I am sure he has no idea who I am either). ust hoping to help you out since it was on my way.

16. curveball

Kim Oliverson (Olie). Appreciate the offer, not sure it will do any good after what I was told by Olie.

17. curveball

Great idea Bobby, but homer is too nice for that! No mean bones in that body!!!!! Hope you are well my friend.

18. siding88

siding88 PROFESSIONAL BOOB WATCHER

yea well you might want to rethink that, there was guy that left feedback on some bats he bought, got caught up in customs(canada) and store wouldnt do anything cause of the USPS claim thing(go read the thread) dont know if it ever got resolved

19. Audiyoda

Audiyoda I Likee Do da Cha Cha

Customs is customs - that's why I won't deal with anyone over the boarder. I got screwed royally on a pair of sunglasses I sold a guy - it was a mess. It wasn't anything I did (or really anything he did other than live in the wrong country) - but damn it was a mess. Never did get cleaned up, too be nice I refunded the guy, the sunglasses were never returned - he refused to pay the customs fees and some Canadian felt that someone should or they'd keep my $250 Oakley's.