Tattoo NX3 Classic M?

Discussion in 'USSSA' started by Masher816, Jan 27, 2017.

1. LSX Freak

LSX Freak Super Moderator

Nobody has mentioned it so I'll ask. Has anyone observed a batted one piece ball corkscrewing in the air? Have seen it a few times as a catcher and having that angle to watch them carry and see them turn in the air. Seems to happen more on balls that could potentially be home runs or deep fly balls.

This is not a "biased" question, before anyone takes that jab.

2. bird25

bird25 34/30 Club #25

Freak">
    This sounds biased.:rolleyes::D

I have not seen that but we only have a few for bp, so I might just have not noticed.:oops:

3. jbo911

jbo911 Super Moderator

I haven't hit one yet.

4. chrometip78

chrometip78 The Hungarian Barbarian

In my experience with a lot of different sofballs for game play and practice. Standard construction softballs from Dudley, Tattoo, and Evil are all comparable high quality balls.

Tattoo's NX3 has distinctly different construction and found a way to make a superior ball, especially for guys like me that buy their own softballs. I practice in parks that usually have wet grass and the fields are smallish 250'-300'. Standard balls get waterlogged which cut down their life and is hard on bats. They also land on chain link, buildings, concrete, and asphalt that destroy standard softball covers. The NX3's one piece construction doesn't get waterlogged and/or suffer cuts like standard softballs. Other benefits of the NX3 I've noticed is the performance is better, they are consistently the furthest ball to pick up at BP. Also haven't had issues with them denting or deforming. Going forward, only softball I'll spend my money on will be NX3 softballs, they're perfect for me.

Worth usually makes crap with occasional decent runs but it's almost like accident. Baden has been all over the map, made great softballs, then terrible stuff that couldn't keep a cover on through a game, haven't tried them since. Apex isn't around anymore, not sure about Decker either. Demarini branded lightning balls sucked.

Hahahahaha, evil still has a minion slinging mud then speaks of transparency, wow. Reminds me of an old rep for Evil softballs that was a member here, Corky35, Country35, or something like that. He was shady, not very bright, known to swing & sell dirty bats, then he got banned. A perfect pairing and rep for the brand.

milesej05 likes this.
  5. GrinningBear

GrinningBear World's deadliest house husband

I didn't notice them corkscrewing but I only hit pop ups. Actually the only ball I've ever seen corkscrew consistently is a Launch 650 hit on a line. Or if that's what a .52 feels like doing at that particular time.

6. goatsac

goatsac Addicted to Softballfans

From the other side of the plate, do you notice the NX3s being harder or easier to field? I play in an area that's all HYOB and was curious if using these balls would make the defense more susceptible to fielding/throwing errors, especially when the ball gets wet.

Any opinions/observations?

7. Country469

Country469 Well-Known Member

hey man, if you're gonna lie about, at least make it juicy.

Guys he works for tattoo and this is a dupe account set up to hype the ball, don't believe this nonsense

8. Gladzilla

Gladzilla Extra Hitter

What's the specs on the tattoo bp ball non 52 core?

9. jaketr1

jaketr1 Boom !!!!!

We have some nx3 ms and they are above average but below deckers and gde but still not a bad ball and I got mine for a good price and they hold up well.