This is a serious question

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by Wickeddeuces, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Wickeddeuces

Wickeddeuces Manager

i sold a miken ultra 2 to a guy on this board he says he needs it asap and that he would paypal me the money so fine that was done and all well no its been about a week and now he says that he wants his money back he says that the bat is not what he wanted i told him it was a nr miken ultra 2 29 ounces becuase that what it was and so anyway he says he wants his money back becuase i did not mention to him i change the grip so i said to him im sorry about that and that i would get him one if he really wanted it and no he is saying all these stroies that the bat looks like it has been viced and the paint is all meesed up and im not the type to really care if someone wanst to do a deal back but he is coming out with all these stories now let me ask you does it sound like maybe he viced it or use it and ****ed it up and now he wants to give it back to me so he can get his money back i have done deals on here before and i am fairly new but i would not **** anyone over can any let me know what i should do about this whole situation

2. OverDaFence

OverDaFence At Fanatics

Can you

provide pictures of the bat before you sent it? If you can, show him or her where they might be mistaken. If the bat has been hit or viced (why would you need to do that to a UII) then they OWN it, PERIOD...

My $.02...

#2 OverDaFence, Oct 18, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  3. Big Merc

Big Merc New Member

If he can assure you the bat is in the exact same condition now as it was when he got it just tell him to pay the shipping back and give him his money back. It happens sometimes. Its called customer satisfaction. Don't let somebody ruin your rep. here when all you had to do is refund the money and re-sale your bat.

4. technostick

technostick New Member

Where's the question mark???
    Breathe.....

5. d'snutssoftball

d'snutssoftball Addicted to Softballfans

i dunno proper ediquite on this but if it were me i would make him pay for shipping the bat back to you and tell him you are going to inspect it if it comes back and is in the exact same condition you sent it then yeah id give him his money back if it isnt then id send the bat back to him and tell him good luck because thats not the condition it was in when i sent it to you. now if you dont want to do this and are really skeptical about him having done something to the bat then id go to mikensports.com and buy one of their grips and have it shipped to him. and tell him that thereis an original grip for the bat. then you will at least tried to make him happy.

6. technostick

technostick New Member

Dude,
    You used periods!!

7. Hamrhed

Hamrhed Rock and Fire

It is a valuable lesson for the buyer: get pictures and references before you buy... and if the seller screws one buyer- everyone here will know about it pretty quick ;)

8. Wickeddeuces

Wickeddeuces Manager

im not looking to do anything ot know one

i just think its cool for someone to do that. now he wants his money back how do i know he did not use it for a game or tourney and now he dont need it no more. thats why i dont know what to do

#8 Wickeddeuces, Oct 18, 2004
  9. phatmanswingin

phatmanswingin Phat Member

Wickeddeuces and d'snutssoftball! A little punctuation, please. Your posts are unreadable.

10. Sonic625

Sonic625 The Admin
    Staff Member

Like d'snuts said tell him to pay for shipping back to you, look at it close and see if it has any cracks/major softball marks that were not there when you sent it out. If it does then tell him he used it and that you can only give a partial refund or ship him the bat back.

11. d'snutssoftball

d'snutssoftball Addicted to Softballfans

hey now look again i used punctuation! :mad: if its unreadable then you need new glasses. :cool:

12. BrianH

BrianH Coach

Hi my name is Brian. I am the guy that bought this bat from wickeddeuces. I feel that I have been mislead, or at a minimum not given all the details of the condition of this bat. This bat was without a doubt NOT AS DESCRIBED.

First, He said that it had less than 30 swings on it. It shows more wear than having just "30" swings on it.

The decal is suspect. There is a 1" section where the decal is cracking, like it was painted on a unpreped surface.

There is something rattling inside the bat, like a rainstick. Move it end over end and you can hear something rolling around. He actually admitted that he got the bat that way....never mentioned it to me..hummmm.

Yeah the grip is not stock. Not that big of a deal. BUT, the picture he sent me was only of the barrel. I didn't think anything of it, but realized that he probably didn't want to show the taped grip AND that there was excessive wear on the handle knob.(not indicative of only "30" swings)

I am a man of good character, and when I said I did not use or abuse the bat I am being honest. I picked up the bat from the post office this friday 10/15 and inspected it. I tried to make contact with him that same day with no success and left messages and e-mails with him over the weekend. Everything that is wrong with the bat was shipped to me in that condition.

His view is that I didn't specifically ask about those issues, so there was no reason to tell me...Oh c'mon...how many of you buy that?

In my first e-mail to you, I asked nicely for a refund and offered that you should subtract your shipping costs and broke down the balance due to me. It seems like most here are on the same page, that assuming i didn't tamper with or use the bat that I should get a refund. Why is it that you're so reluctant and insist "all sales are final"?? Because you don't trust me and think that i used/tampered with it? or because you don't want the bat back???

Take a look back at his post history...

5/6/04
    he offers stud#11 a 29 oz u2 with only 50 swings...."no scratches and it is mint"

9/29/04
    posts for sale a 29oz U2 with 60 swings in "great shape"

10/4/04
    posts another ad for the 29 oz U2 with "less than 60 swings"...also mentions he wanted to paint the U2 but something about "to many big mouths"

10/5/04
    yet another post for the same U2 now with "30 or less swings".

In retrospect I should've looked back and looked at all his posts. I am at work now so I can't take detailed pics, but tonight I will post the picture he sent me, and will take detailed pics so you guys can make your own judgments...let me know if you think it really has only 30 swings on it. Also, wouldn't you be pissed if you got a bat with a rattle in it and he didn't tell you??? Anyway, I hope wickeddeuces changes his mind and gives me a refund (minus shipping)....if not, anyone interested in a U2 :eek:

thanks for you time,
    Brian H.
    Los Angeles, CA

Oh also, the bat has no ball marks on it....i did not use it or tamper with it AT ALL! Infact, it doesn't have ANY ball marks from the "30" or less swings, but you can see scratches and gouges on it. I don't know how thick the decal is, but it almost seems like in some areas the scratches and gouges are painted over! I send pics tonight....

#12 BrianH, Oct 18, 2004
  13. redbigjoe69

redbigjoe69 Coach

about this

in my dealing on ebay i always say no return did u say that? but that grip thing is just a excuse otherwise i would just have him return it with xtra shipping in case u have to send the bat back to him and if the bat checks out just give him his money back minus your costs in the whole transaction like shipping handling and your paypal fees if there r some also handling fees can be the cost of packaging ,your time to mail and packkage it , and the time of u having to relist it and restock it lol

14. kidice28

kidice28 Addicted to Softballfans

hmmmmmmm! Now it get's interesting!!!

15. BrianH

BrianH Coach

He did NOT mention "no returns". I have dealt a lot with private internet sales and it is typical to have an inspection period, unless you clearly state things that are obviously wrong with it and say that you are buying it "AS IS" and "ALL sales are final". He did not...

16. Sonic625

Sonic625 The Admin
    Staff Member

the decal you cant really fault him can you? If it was painted on an unpreped surface that would be Mikens fault.
    The Rainstick noise is normal composite rattle which means that the stick is broke in and hot.
    Dont assume with sales dealing with alot of money ($100+) always ask questions and I am willing to bet 95% of the people on here are no returns allowed, its just common sence.

As for his description yeah it sounds like it might have been hyped up to sell the bat but while researching if he was a reputable guy to buy from you should have found this before the deal was done.

I still suggest having the buyer ship the bat back and to have the seller inspect it and do the right thing.

17. BrianH

BrianH Coach

update

Okay I attached some pictures:

first is a close up of the cracking decal. You can see that the material around it has a wrinkled texture. I can't imagine this got past Miken Quality Control.

second is the handle knob wear and missing label.

third is hairline cracks on the barrel

fourth is closeup of cracks.

I am not sure if the cracks are normal for breakin. Can't really tell if it's just the clear coat or if it actually goes into the material.

I also weighed the bat on one of our digital force guages(calibrated of course) and the bat came in at 30.4 oz. Gee I wonder if it's the same bat that you tried to sell here but couldn't because it's 30 oz. Remove the label and pawn it off as a 29oz...nice try.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=27700

Sure I may be over reacting a bit but c'mon, some things just don't add up.

So wickeddeuces...you going to honor my return?

18. chach3835

chach3835 It's Miller Time

Well I don't think the knob not having its sticker is not a deal breaker. But if he lied to you telling you it was a 29 oz and he new it was a 30oz thats not cool. I don't know its up to both of you to hammer things out. Word to the wise get pix next time and ask every detail possible. Most guys here are honest..............Just my opinion.....Chach

19. ChocLab

ChocLab Coach

verdict for Brian

I think there are a lot of reasons to think that bat has more than 30 swings on it. There is no reason to take the sticker off the end of the bat, unless you were altering the bat, or trying to pawn it off as a different weight. In order to save his reputation, which it may too late for now, the seller should accept the returned bat. Those cracks, peeling label, new grip, missing sticker are all suspect for a 30 swing bat. The knob does wear very quickly on these bats, but I doubt that much for 30 swings. Seller:let him return the bat. Buyer: Next time get better pictures.

20. kidice28

kidice28 Addicted to Softballfans

Guess I've been lucky. Have done 6 or 7 deals on here and all were perfect. You guys need to come up with a way to fix this and get on with it. We're all softball bros and try to keep the peace.

21. bb666b77

bb666b77 ODB

looks like the rod has been cut to me and put back in,not that i would know anything about that :rolleyes: :rolleyes: bat looks like it has more than 30 swings on it.

22. MBplayer

MBplayer Canadian Bat *****

Me too

I thought it looked like that too but i wasn't 100% sure. I know i had a Velocite-2 the rod had been pulled and it looked just like that does.
    MBplayer :cool:

23. ArmyBaller

ArmyBaller <b><font color="#ff4500">The Infractionator</b></f

I've had MANY Mikens and your bat looks no different than mine has after some swings. If I had to guess looking at your pics, I'd say about 50-60 swings at least. The decal cracking is normal for Mikens, at least mine anyway. The pics of your so called "cracks" are also normal from Mikens. They are not "damaged bat" cracks. They are the clear coat cracking due to the hitting of the ball. All composites, esp my Miken anyway have done this. As for the sticker on the knob, they come off. The paint will come off the knob as well pretty fast. Not sure why this happens, maybe becasue there appears to be no clearcoat on it. If I were the seller I would walk away from this deal as is without having one regret.

As a seller myself, I ALWAYS provide pics, unless the thing is NIW.

As a buyer, I ALWAYS request pics, unless NIW.

If I were the seller, the only way I would even conside returning your $$ is if you agreed to pay for all the shipping that has taken place and any paypal fees, me, the seller was charged ANd if the bat was in the SAMe condition as it was when I shipped it to the buyer.

24. BBBD1969

BBBD1969 Bigger than the game.

My U2 looked like that too. . .after about 500 swings or so.

Seller, accept it back and refund his money.

25. Hamrhed

Hamrhed Rock and Fire

I too have dealt with a lot of internet sales- and Ive never had or been offered an inspection period... although when Ive had similar problems- the seller has offered to make it right if they are reputable. I would agree w/ Brian tho: If it has a rattle, scratches and gouges- then it would seem that it has been through more than 30 swings...

{Edit} Just saw the pictures: if that bat has only thirty swings, then Miken owes Brian an apology :eek: Ive owned many Mikens in various conditions, and that bat has way more than thirty swings on it... even if they were game swings and the bat was dropped after each one, it would still have some luster to the finish...

I understand why Brian is pissed- It looks like the seller softened the description to deal the bat... sorry, but the seller should refund his money.

Oh yeah- remind me never to buy a bat from ArmyBaller :p If you sold a bat to someone new here who took you at your word and the bat was obviously not as described- you (seller) shouldnt get jack for your transaction- shipping and fees be damned, thats just crap. If people were honest and didnt conceal info, buyers wouldnt have to do a background check w/ the FBI...

#25 Hamrhed, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  26. ArmyBaller

Hey now, my bat deals have been PREMO. I would have never got myself in the position the seller or buyer did in the first place. I always demand or provide good photos, a good discription and an understanding of what both the seller and buyer are getting BEFORE $$$ and bat has exchanged hands. That's just smart business. BTW Hamrhed, I got a Brand New Slighty used only been hit 100 times NIW with invalid receipt bat to sell if your interested? :D

27. TXNATIVE

TXNATIVE New Member

I looked at the Pics and that is normal wear and tear for a Miken but not one with 30 swings....my Freak as about 175 to 200 and it looks a little worse than the one shown....sorry dude

28. Hamrhed

Hamrhed Rock and Fire

Agreed ArmyB- its just good business....

Ok- got pics, references, FBI most wanted data, carfax report, and credit statement handy :p ?

#28 Hamrhed, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  29. ArmyBaller

LMAO...that's funny. Thx for the laughs man. :)

30. Hamrhed

Hamrhed Rock and Fire

Your right tho- the buyer should always beware, and cover their asses with pics and references. Perhaps Brian has learned this lesson the hard way ;)