trades

Discussion in 'Sales Feedback' started by BatAddict, Dec 24, 2003.

1. BatAddict

BatAddict Resident Doc

what is the safest way to trade?
    Ihave traded before with Debug34, and I just trusted him, but what are some options to ensure you don't get screwed?

2. BatAddict

BatAddict Resident Doc

bump, help

3. debug34

debug34 New Member

Appreciate the compliment...try this...I guarantee you that if they trade on this board they trade on others,and do what you are doing-ask around!!I am always leary of guys asking for 300.00-400.00 cash or trade value and it being there first post on the board...Get home numbers work numbers address everything you can about them.....Do everyone a favor-if you even HEAR of a sour deal post-it-let us all know!!!As you know I offer everyone a trade back option-see if ya can get one if you do start a deal...These are a few things that work well for me..I did get taken by the Derek Gibson thing and learned a tough lesson.....BUT if we all dealt with folks like you Rob-it would all be ok........Keith

4. FireGuyQ

FireGuyQ Active Member

I would just be a little leery of a deal that sounded "too good to be true." I almost got caught up in the Derek Gibson E-bay thing where he was auctioning off a lot of 12 bats with on reserve. Granted, I was able to look under his feedback and I started to notice that all of the complaints he was getting were on deals that were way below market value.

One of the things I do on this board is kinda notice who's been on awhile. This can help you from the standpoint that obviously if they are still here after a few months, they must be straight shooters (my first deal with cposiasca1 was based off of this). Also, by noticing who the "regulars" are doing business with, you can pretty much assume that that person is "good to go" (I bought a bat bag from 4pitchwalk after seeing Coach was quick to do a deal with him. At the time I didnt' know that 4pitch was a regular buyer/seller on here).