triad asa vs miken ultra 750

Discussion in 'Miken' started by jasonallen81, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jasonallen81

jasonallen81 Addicted to Softballfans

Never swung these bats and thinking about picking one up. Which one would u guys perfer. Thanks fellas.

2. lineshot

lineshot Banned User

Triad ASA, hot as hell when it starts to rattle

3. jakeski13

jakeski13 Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat

Honestly dont think you can go wrong with either. Although the ultra seems to ake a tad longer to break in, its really good with any ball. I felt like the triad felt really stiff when hitting the harder balls and didnt hit the harder balls as well as the ultra

4. lx_2nv

lx_2nv Coach

how many hits do you think to break in the Ultra - mine's got about 150 and I'm not blown away yet. Should I give up on it or keep going? I put it down for a 200 hit Blackout.

5. jakeski13

jakeski13 Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat

You probably have to get a good 500 on it. Once it spirals it gets pretty good. just takes a little bit to get there

6. lx_2nv

lx_2nv Coach

Thank you sir! May be the only bat in my arsenal I can swing next year (unless I buy a new bat) - so I'll have to like it! LOL

7. Tommychoochoo

Tommychoochoo Addicted to Softballfans

Agreed! My Ultra 750 has a little over 400 hits and this appeared :D

[​IMG]

8. Dawalkr

Dawalkr He Hate Me

had a chance to hit the 750 tonight. i was playing asa and a guy takes the wrapper off his 750 and i was joking with him that we could all swing his bat to break it in. he said we could and its watered down softball friday night stuff. the bat had a good swing weight/distribution..26oz. had the original tape on it. he hit it and it was like really stiff..so i used it and i said im just gonna hit it hard. bang 340ish, next at bat, bang 340ish again..no more hr's..next at bat lazer 5 hole..i could feel the barrel push the ball..i was really impressed. with all the hoopla over the j3a and players paying alot for the bat..if i played asa i would go get one of these.no before someone says it, the j3a has incredible durability. 750 accuracy was good on base hits as well. one thing about reviews is that everyone is different and swings different..and finally, the way the bat felt, didnt feel like it would a 'team' bat

9. tap2284

tap2284 Why did I move North??

^^^^ what? Accuracy on base hits??? Seriously???

10. Cool_E

Cool_E Star Player

I have a 750 max. Friggin awesome. Absolutely launches the ball. It does swing really light though. I have a 27 and I should have gotten a 28 for sure. It is cheap right now and way worth it. You'll find your gamer for sure.

11. SBG SHREK

SBG SHREK Coach

I had a 750 ultra and a Triad... Triad way hotter!!! I felt like my 750 Ultra never open up... You want a good bat get an Aftermath lol

12. uniballer

uniballer Addicted to Softballfans

Aftermaths cost twice as much and will last Half as long as the 750x...and does not hit any farther. But they are the popular kid at school so you may look cooler with one :biggthumpup:

13. SBG SHREK

SBG SHREK Coach

I rather pay more for a really good bat then less for a ok bat.... But if you want a Miken pay a lil more cash and get a Triad... It will be worth it

14. deeznuts13

deeznuts13 Village idiot

Aftermaths hit farther , but anything more than 1' past the fence is for show at that point IMO. 750x is a good bat still. We have a triad team bat and a couple guys with the 750x. First 9 hits off the triad were hr's. 750x followed suit pretty closely. Both are legit bats

15. uniballer

uniballer Addicted to Softballfans

:bsflag:......

16. Buckeye20

Buckeye20 Addicted to Softballfans

I owned both , and both are great bats ! The triad > ultra 750x , with 300/52s , harder balls the ultra 750x > triad , neither bat lasted me a hole season however , so of you hit balls harder then 300/52, I wouldn't get either ! Just my experience ! If home runs are your selling point I watched 3 guys who have never hit a home run in there life hit one with the triad and 300/52s but couldn't do it with the ultra !

17. deeznuts13

deeznuts13 Village idiot

Not so much

18. sk89ta

sk89ta Coach

triad is straight nasty, if the thing would last id bye 10, we hit .44/375 and we have been through 3 triads, got the ultra as a team bat, first 150 hits it got a crack in it but since then nothing, it feels great and good pop. hypothetically, If you had the exact same at bat with both bats ( same pitch exact same swing, contact) the triad would win in the distance category, but durability the ultra is wins. Oh ya did i mention one tourney in which 7 of 11 guys swung the ultra was 45 and below all weekend, with .44/375 dudleys.